Old 11-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Do men like to kiss women who wear lipstick?

Just wondering. Because I think I might look better with lipstick on, but I just find it to be a pain to keep putting it on all day long. And it seems like men wouldn't like kissing it anyway.

Do women wear lipstick to impress other women? Or do men at least like the way it looks?
Old 11-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Given a choice, I'd take "no lipstick" every time. I don't turn down a kiss from the wife if she's wearing lipstick, but I do wipe it off ASAP.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Hate it. It's like wearing a condom.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Lillith, this isn't an answer to your question, but many makeup manufacturers are offering lip "stains," that literally stain or dye your lips for 8-12 hours. Then all that you have to reapply is gloss (I just use Chap-stick).
Old 11-05-2004, 05:36 PM
My ex used to say that women wear makeup to impress other women, that guys either don't give a shit or prefer au natural.

So, whenever he would see me putting on makeup, he would always ask me why. I would inevitably answer "Because there's gonna be other girls there."

I think its mostly true.

But you know that scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's? Where she says she can't read the letter without her lipstick on? I know exactly what she means. This is a mystery I can't explain.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:41 PM
I don't like it, it feels greasy to me, and I have to wipe it off immediately. Luckily, my wife doesn't wear it. I don't think she even owns a tube of lipstick.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStoHelit
Lillith, this isn't an answer to your question, but many makeup manufacturers are offering lip "stains," that literally stain or dye your lips for 8-12 hours. Then all that you have to reapply is gloss (I just use Chap-stick).
I second this. I've been trying to make stains for years and finally there are some decent ones on the market. Red food color and jello aren't bad. I don't really like the really gloppy lipsticks but I like color. I do however wear some of the gloppy lipsticks and my husband hates it.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanima
My ex used to say that women wear makeup to impress other women, that guys either don't give a shit or prefer au natural.

So, whenever he would see me putting on makeup, he would always ask me why. I would inevitably answer "Because there's gonna be other girls there."
Hence the term lipstick lesbian.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Red food color and jello aren't bad
Hee! I tried beet juice, but I'm really pale so I just came out looking like a blonde Morticia Adams.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:18 PM
- - - Another non-grease-sucking guy here. I prefer less makeup of all types. The thought of being covered in lipstick from being kissed is attractive in a "theatrical" way, but isn't real attractive in reality.
~
Old 11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
My husband will activly avoid kissing me when I've got lipstick on. He pats my butt instead, which is ok, but I like kissing better.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Not that this is a good or bad thing necessarily, but I think it's definitely true. I've asked women friends of mine about it, and they've more or less admitted as much to me.

Most heterosexual guys (and I guess more than a few gay guys too) could talk to a woman for an hour, and then be asked five minutes later, "What was she wearing?"

"Ummm... dunno mate."

I am no exception. A woman can look good or not, but I don't know why. A beautiful woman dressed up in evening wear might look average to me, and a suburban girl in very non-revealing jeans and t-shirt might turn my head. One of those things that is hard to define.

As for lipstick, I don't particularly like getting it all over me. I read once somewhere the number of pounds of lipstick the average woman swallows in a lifetime. I forget the figure, but it made me queasy.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Another guy here who doesn't like the lipstick thing - I'll pick no lipstick anytime. I also prefer less makeup on women. Or maybe I just prefer the more natural-looking makeup that makes it that I can't even tell.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:19 PM
I've tried some of the stain stuff before (maybe not the kind mentioned here) and it felt very sticky all day so you really had to keep putting on the clear gloss all the time.

There is something in all lipstick that makes the back of my throat get dry, so I know I swallow it to some extent. Also, it makes my lips become like sandpaper unless I put on Vaseline first, which of course makes it come off faster.

But I do like the way it looks.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:20 PM
When it comes to makeup in general, subtlety is your friend.

As far as lipstick goes, yeah, I'd rather kiss women who don't wear it. But if it comes down to kissing women who wear lipstick and kissing no women at all, I can deal with the lipstick.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanStoHelit
The guys I've talked to about this (one or two) dislike even chapstick or gloss. I usually wear chapstick myself so my lips don't crack.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks, maybe I'll try it!
Old 11-05-2004, 08:17 PM
My husband will also actively avoid kissing me if I'm wearing lipstick -- even the tiniest, hasn't-quite-worn-off-yet amount! I find this a bit weird, because we both wear chapstick 24/7, so I'm thinking it must be the color factor. Which I think is LAME, because he can wipe it off if someone other than me will be seeing him. Hmph.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:20 PM
I DO NOT like the taste or feel of lipstick. Nor do I like getting it all over me. I see my wife so much without it, I think she looks kinda freaky when she puts it on. She's certainly not wearing it for my benefit.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:30 PM
I despise the look, feel, taste, etc.. of all makeup, especially lipstick. Give me as natural as possible!
Old 11-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Charter Member
Another vote for subtlety and as little as possible. That being said, I've seen some women who look fantastic in strong lipstick, but it's not common. I haven't kissed any of them, so I don't know what it would be like.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Same goes with clothes.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:28 PM
I don't like lipstick and neither does Ardred. If he wanted a girl who wore makeup, he wouldn't have chosen me.

I will wear some of this stuff because it smells and tastes wonderful.

It's also rather dry, so I put chapstick on top and I have no kissing issues, as all he gets is chapstick rather than color.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:30 PM
What about flavored lip gloss? Men don't like that either?

widdley
Old 11-05-2004, 09:47 PM
Charter Member
I'll play the simpleton here. If you're a woman I'm going to kiss, lipstick is not a problem.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:13 PM
IANAM, but I have kissed women. Personally I like the way lipstick looks, but it tastes gross if you kiss someone with it on. I was partial to flavored glosses, but then I kissed a woman who wore a coconut-flavored kind. Yuck! Ptui!
Old 11-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by widdleytinks
What about flavored lip gloss? Men don't like that either?

widdley
This may just be me, but I have a "thing" about waxy, oily substances on my skin. My "thing" is, I hate it. I have some kind of disease or something. Lotion? Blagh. Sunscreen (even though I need it baaaad)? Bleeagh! Lip goop? Gaagh! I don't care what flavor it is; it's gacky.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:35 PM
I enjoy any opportunity to kiss a womans lips, and she is welcome to tend to her makeup, too- once we're done.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Don't like it. And I prefer girls without makeup.

Interestingly, my girlfriend doesn't like me kissing her when she has lipstick on. Because then she has to reapply it.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Quote:
I've tried some of the stain stuff before (maybe not the kind mentioned here) and it felt very sticky all day so you really had to keep putting on the clear gloss all the time.
You really do have to let it dry all the way, and take it off with makeup remover if you need to reapply.

Quote:
I also prefer less makeup on women. Or maybe I just prefer the more natural-looking makeup that makes it that I can't even tell.
The second is what you like. Really. I used to date a guy who was always nagging me about makeup. The only problem is that I am one small gene away from albino, so if I don't wear any base people think I'm a battered woman. Is there something else going on? Like it makes you insecure if we look good, or it's a sign of vulnerability to be barefaced, or what?

I think I've only dated one guy who ever asked me to get more made up, and his idea of a good time was a Gap clearance sale.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Charter Member
Really obvious makeup is often unattractive, and only looks good in nightclubs. A little pink looks nice on my wife's lips, though. I like kissing her a lot better when she's not wearing lipstick that comes off on me, but a little gloss or completely set lipstick does no harm.

And, of course, lipstick can look great on someone you'll never get to kiss!
Old 11-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithcats
I enjoy any opportunity to kiss a womans lips, and she is welcome to tend to her makeup, too- once we're done.
There's a way to kiss her lips without messing up her lipstick...
Old 11-05-2004, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopydude
There's a way to kiss her lips without messing up her lipstick...

Old 11-06-2004, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchiveGuy
Same goes with clothes.
I'm giving this one the golf clap it deserves

:: golf clap ::

Yes. Very good indeed. Oh...lipstick? NO No no no... Listen. Clowns wear makeup. I know of exactly 0 men who are not freaked out by clowns. Men are simple creatures.

Ergo: Lipstick = Pennywise.

If that's the impression you're trying to make, then might I suggest foundation and full on facial makeup (don't forget the creepy eyeshadow either!). Bleah.

You'd get better attraction results by smearing your face in human blood. At least then you'd taste like a steak...er...I mean, so I've heard. Count me in as a NO MAKE UP AT ALL guy. Makes me look even harder for the zit you're trying to hide. Contrary to what Cosmo or Elle may tell you, there is no way to apply makeup without assuming some degree of whoredom. Not that that's a BAD thing, just sayin'.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:29 AM
Lipstick, like all make up looks good, but doesn't feel so great. I vastly prefer kissing lips with nothing on them, but any lips are better to none.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Ladies, take note. My very unofficial statistical analysis of this thread indicates that the average male prefers to kiss lips without lipstick. There is also a distinct correlation in the data that indicates he will be happy if you just show up.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:35 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith Fair
I just find it to be a pain to keep putting it on all day long. And it seems like men wouldn't like kissing it anyway.
Uh... how many men would you say you kiss in an average day? Just curious.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Quote:

There is something in all lipstick that makes the back of my throat get dry, so I know I swallow it to some extent. Also, it makes my lips become like sandpaper unless I put on Vaseline first, which of course makes it come off faster.

But I do like the way it looks.

What about moisturizing lipstick? Those are generally good.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:14 PM
My Og, no!

It's the taste. Damn some of that stuff is foul. And if they are not foul tasting, they certainly don't taste good.

Of course, you don't taste it until afer the kiss, but damn!
Old 11-06-2004, 05:45 PM
My boyfriend likes the taste of lipstick. So, there's at least one.

Regarding lipstains: Do they really stay on all day, without wiping off on food or napkins or anything? I'd love to find something that I didn't have to reapply after eating.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:19 PM
My dad says that on the day he married my mom, he could barely kiss her because she was wearing lipstick.

I hate wearing lipstick, anyway, so no one has to worry about it with me.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Charter Member
I love women who wear lipstick- especially the really shiny glossy sort. It is very sexy. That being said- other that the thin "flavoured' kind (mostly just a gloss) I don't particully care whether it is on during kissing . Now, for a certain sex act- then HELL YES I like it.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:35 AM
I like lipstick on women.

Of course, if you're only going to give her a little peck it's a pain, but if you're going to grab a handful of hair, pin her hands, back her against a wall, and keep at it until she whimpers then the time you spend wiping off the lipstick is inconsequential.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Regarding lipstains: Do they really stay on all day, without wiping off on food or napkins or anything? I'd love to find something that I didn't have to reapply after eating.
I don't know about the other brands, but Clinique's lipstain doesn't come off without makeup remover (within the 12 hour window, that is).
Old 11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Inigo, that was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

I actually don't mind the eye make up. It seems to be more artistic and reminds me of tribal painting. But as for the rest of the make-up........

.......well, to be blunt, if I wanted to screw something that looked like a Sears mannequin, I'd steal one and drill a hole.

-Resident MeatBeast
Old 11-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Do women wear lipstick to impress other women? Or do men at least like the way it looks?
Actually I really think you hit it. I personally don't like to kiss anyone w/ lipstick, and don't think it looks that good either.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:36 PM
BANNED
i definitely prefer a woman without lipstick. not only do i not like the feel or taste of it, i don't find it particularly attractive. lipstick is kind of like painted toe nails, in that you will never hear a guy say, "hey! did you see that chick's toe nails! she was hot!"

i also don't like lipstick because i've heard that one of the chief ingriedient is animal fat. not nice stuff.
Old 11-07-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't even go downstairs to get the mail without lipstick on; my face looks "unfinished" without it. Mind you, I wear little other makeup, and my lipstick is a medium-pink, never dark or bright red (the high-contrast photo on my web site makes it look much darker than it actually is).

Fortunately, I do not wish to be kissed, so it is a win/win situation.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Just wondering. Because I think I might look better with lipstick on, but I just find it to be a pain to keep putting it on all day long. And it seems like men wouldn't like kissing it anyway.
There are few turnoffs more powerful than when a woman leaves a trail of lipstick on every glass she drinks from. If you've got that beat, then you're fine. Just wipe the lipstick off him if you leave any marks.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:41 PM
BANNED
You know, when you think about it, make-up is such a weird concept. But I buy into it, like every woman I know. You know, like I'll wake up in the morning, look in the mirror . . . "Gee I don't really look so good . . . Maybe if my eyelids were blue." Cathy Ladham