Old 03-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Andrea Feldman: Know Anything About Her?

I caught a show about pop artist Ray Johnson last week, and caught the story of Andrea Feldman. She was an actress who grew up in New York and was in a couple of Andy Warhol movies. One day in 1974, she gathered all of her ex-boyfriends in her 15th floor apartment, then jumped out the window to her death.

This story fascinates me. How dramatic! I'm not a drama queen personally, I live a safe and quiet life, so I see this as such a crazy thing for someone to do. I'd like to know more. I'd be interested in the effects of her action on the men involved. Has anything ever been published on it? Does anyone know this story?
Old 03-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Here's a photo of her, and—edited down—some info from a Warhol site:

Quote:
ANDREA FELDMAN, who appeared in Imitation of Christ, Trash and Heat, committed suicide by jumping out of the window of the apartment she lived in with her family on the fourteenth floor of a building at Fifth Avenue and 12th Street, holding a Bible and a crucifix. Andy did not go to the funeral. According to Bob Colacello, Andrea Feldman was carrying a can of coke in one hand and a rosary in the other when she jumped from 51 Fifth Avenue. Andrea had "apparently made dates for that afternoon with half a dozen guys she had gone out with, including the poet and diarist JIM CARROLL, so that they would all be down on the sidewalk when she flew out the window." Andrea Feldman's best friend and Warhol superstar, GERALDINE SMITH, mentioned a note that Feldman had left telling everyone she loved them and that she was 'going for the big time, I hit the jackpot!' But, according to Bob Colacello, "in the back room of Max's the old Superstars were saying that... the note wasn't to everyone and it wasn't about love; it was to Andy and it was very, very nasty."
Old 03-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Wow, that's a very dramatic way to make your exit.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Charter Member
Another wow. I can't believe there's no book.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Thanks, Eve! I didn't see that cite on my own search. I knew YOU would know something about it.

I'm an aspiring writer, and this story screams "Write about me!" to me, so maybe there'll be a book someday!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Jim Carroll did write a bit about this in his book "Forced Entries."
Old 03-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trublmakr
I'm an aspiring writer, and this story screams "Write about me!" to me, so maybe there'll be a book someday!
If I'm gonna write about a Warhol "Superstar," it's gonna be Candy Darling . . .