Old 05-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Help me put together an outfit for a "Saints and Sinners" party

So a friend is having a theme party of Saints and Sinners. I thought I'd go the easy route and pick up some fishnets and try to be a prostitute. But that just seems too simple. I want to do something a little more creative but I'm coming up dry.

I know you folks are great with costume ideas so bring 'em on!
Old 05-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Charter Member
How about a saint with some nasty gory attribute-- like, one of them (Apollonia? Agnes?) was martyred by having her breasts cut off, so she's shown holding them on a plate. Get creative with some patÚ or jello.
Or you could be the female pope.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:35 PM
How about Joan of Arc?
Old 05-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Here.

You would be one of the seven deadly sins.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Expensive, but as dry as you can get.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Charter Member
With some floppy ears, some face paint, and a small barrel, you could be St. Bernard.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capybara
How about a saint with some nasty gory attribute-- like, one of them (Apollonia? Agnes?) was martyred by having her breasts cut off, so she's shown holding them on a plate. Get creative with some patÚ or jello.
Or you could be the female pope.
That's Saint Agatha. She was also sold into a brothel, so you get the best of both worlds!

There's also Saint Apollonia who is often portrayed with pincers or a gold tooth because all of her teeth were pulled out in hopes she would denounce her beliefs.

If you felt like crossdressing, Saint Sebastian would totally rock. You could get one of those arrow-through-the-head things and wear a toga. Douse yourself with fake blood and you got it made.

I know I've mentioned this before in Halloween costume threads, but my sister once went as a pregnant, drunk nun for Halloween. Lots of blue eyeshadow, mile-high bangs, wildly tilted wimple, fishnets, and stilettos. She also carried an empty bottle of Jack Daniels. One of her friends was a debauched, chain-smoking priest, which was kismet, since they hadn't planned it.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:58 PM
If we're talking about fake blood here, I have a little hijack:

If you don't want permanent fake blood stains on your clothes, don't take their word for it if the fake blood is supposed to wash out. Try it on a small, unnoticable area first. I discovered this when doing costumes for Dracula earlier this year- one of the vixens got blood(the supposedly "washable" formula) all over Dracula's rented tux shirt and it would not come out.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
I recommend . . .

Angel wings, a halo (possibly skewed, see later), an Ace bandage around your head, some other bandaids--lots of 'em--and crutches.

Fallen angel.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Charter Member
With the way your country is heading at the moment, you could try going as a Democrat
Old 05-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Quote:
I recommend . . .

Angel wings, a halo (possibly skewed, see later), an Ace bandage around your head, some other bandaids--lots of 'em--and crutches.

Fallen angel.
I really really love this! I'll go to a party store and see if I can get a halo and wings. Maybe I'll even buy a cheap white tee shirt and put some fake blood on it. Ooh and I think someone in the house just bought an ace bandage, perhaps I can borrow it!

I'm going to go with this idea, but in case I can't get a hold of a halo and wings, I'd like the ideas to keep coming! Thanks guys!
Old 05-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I'd totally go with the outfit from Chuck Palahniuk's "Invisible Monsters." The main character has a dress made out of Shroud of Turin fabric, with big shiny red buttons where Christ's wounds could be. She wear this with a black veil studded with silver stars.
Old 05-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Salome, bedecked in her seven veils. Fun activities include: belly-dancing, clicking castanets or thumping a tamourine, hamming it up with the famous strip tease, and extorting extravagant promises from onlookers. Accessories/props: veil headress, lots of sheer fabrics, Victoria's Secret lingerie, a small tambourine, anklets with little bells or jingly trinkets on them, castanets (although this may be more Latin than Middle Eastern), a silver platter with the head of John the Baptist on it, and a male companion who can play Herodias.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Charter Member
St Joan of Arc

WITH her male companion

Gilles de'Rais

┬ź Previous Thread | Next Thread ┬╗