Old 06-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Charter Member
How can I loop just part of a video clip using Windows Media Player?

I could be wrong, but I swear I used to be able to loop just a portion of a video clip with an older version of WMP. Now I have Windows Media Player 10 and I can't find an option that allows me to do it.

Anyone know how? Is there a plug-in or maybe another player that can do it with ease?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:04 PM
Charter Member
If the clip in question is in .WMV format and you're using Windows XP, see if you have Windows Movie Maker (in Start..All Programs..Accessories..Entertainment).

Use it on a copy of your clip and trim it down to just the desired looping part, which you can then set media player to repeat.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:12 PM
You could install AviSynth and then use a simple script like this:
Code:
# this will repeat frames 100 to 500 fifty times
DirectShowSource("c:\path\to\your\file.wmv")
Trim(100, 500)
Loop(50)
Save that to an .avs file, and you can open it in any player that supports AVI files, including Windows Media Player.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: cat claws poison mhz international mysteries ancient recording teller's voice smell toast stroke xylophone tabs stalin clapping test goomba meaning dog biting gloves vaudville hook titanium per ounce scalp wax what are tracers timberland quality lump song meaning rory emerald fastest cancer convoy song meaning eshield radiant barrier level boards sword metals apache 30mm rounds why pack cigarettes aflac wikipedia ti84 cheap dog chapman murder far 91.119 chocolate square frank sinatra genre ridges on head tv guide zap2it vs vs vsop mulder's father bowling straight ball strikes regret not joining military mommy's alright daddy's alright meaning crayola modeling clay baking snap on monthly flyer first time smoking cigarette why do they play bagpipes at cops funerals car stereos from best buy what do you call someone in the navy what happens if you eat an ant what do truffles taste like? what is the heaviest thing on earth can eating soap kill you enterprise car rental mileage limits party likes it 1999 songs with hey hey hey how to clean tevas man on fire based on true story if i were any better i would be twins huge booger pulled out of nose what happens if you eat egg shell bugs in world's best cat litter is it safe to leave a light bulb socket empty 6-1x0+2/2 what is the difference between 70 and 91 isopropyl alcohol why does grass make you itch must kill moose and squirrel can you spend available balance how long does it take for hair dye to fade what vitamins are absorbed through the skin places to visit near grand canyon main breaker tripped and won't reset laid off vs layed off