Old 07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
What is a "bottle of Stevens?"

In Say It Ain't So, by Weezer, the line goes:

This bottle of Stevens awakens ancient feelings

So what's the bottle of Stevens?
Old 07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
I am not a member of the band Weezer...

I think it's "bottle of Steven's", as in, well, Steven's bottle.

SP
Old 07-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlyprince
I am not a member of the band Weezer...

I think it's "bottle of Steven's", as in, well, Steven's bottle.

SP
Well, my opinion is:

At the beginning of the song, we hear

Somebody's Heine' is crowdin' my icebox.
Somebody's cold one is givin' me chills.

Which is referring to a Heineken (beer) that seems to be taking up a huge amount of space in the fridge.

Then later we hear

Something is bubbling
Behind my back.
The bottle is ready to blow.

Apparantly, someone has gone and shaken up the Heineken causing pressure to build inside the bottle.

Most of the rest of the lyrics don't make sense, but I would have to assume that the bottle of Heineken belongs to Steven.

Maybe I just have too much time on my hands.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh300
the bottle of Heineken belongs to Steven.)

So then you agree. Super!

SP

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off