Old 09-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Most unusual eye color you've seen?

At a little coffee shop in a college town in Mississippi, I happened to glance up at my waitress and was struck speechless by the astonishing color of her eyes. She was fairly average in most ways, a nice face and long dark hair, but her eyes were a pale grey, almost the color of marble. There was something about those light eyes with her darker coloring that was stunning. I've never seen eyes like that again.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Charter Member
The famous cover of National Geographic an Afghani woman. Startlingly aqua eyes that just pierce you.

StG
Old 09-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Charter Member
I knew a girl growing up that had one light brown eye and one light blue eye. It was pretty striking. She also used to insist that she got it being hit by ball lightning when she was little. Don't know about that.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Charter Member
Here's a link to the cover. Hit the "View larger" button. It's worth looking at.

StG
Old 09-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Worked with a guy that had freaky pale blue eyes, really, really pale. Almost white . This was long before colored contacts. He didn't wear glasses otherwise I would have guessed he had major vision problems just to look at him.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:35 PM
My maternal grandmother had pale greenish-hazel eyes with what I can only describe as a band of gold in them. The area of the iris closest to the pupil was a startling amber-gold. I have always assumed that I got my green eyes from my grandma. Both my parents and my two siblings had dark brown eyes.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Uncharted
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Hippie
Worked with a guy that had freaky pale blue eyes, really, really pale. Almost white . This was long before colored contacts. He didn't wear glasses otherwise I would have guessed he had major vision problems just to look at him.
I know a waitress who has eyes kinda like that. She and her mom both have eyes that are the color of ice.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:28 PM
I knoew a guy in Baltimore in the late '70s who had eyes like sunlight shining through dark-blue stained glass. Never seen anything like them. Not colored contacts, either, because sometimes he wore glasses, and they still looked like that.

Almost like the color of the blue banner on this site!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:40 PM
My ex. His eyes were a startling golden colour. I used to call them tiger eyes (like the gemstone). As I stated in another recent thread, now I call them limpid pools of piss. But when I liked the guy, they were really something else. I've seen others with a vaguely similar colour that I call "tiger eyes", but I've never seen anyone else's colour match the intensity of his.
He wore contacts, but they weren't coloured. I checked.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
I went to high school with a guy like that. Really pale blue eyes like you'd see on a husky or malamute.
And I knew not one, not two, but three women in college (all named Lisa!) with one blue and one green eye.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
A couple of years ago I was in a class with a young woman who had violet eyes. She's the only person I've ever seen in real life with eyes that color. To top it off, those eyes were set against light brown skin in a very pretty face. I'm a straight woman, but I noticed that girl the moment she walked into the class.

(She wound up sitting next to me, and we were class buddies for two semesters ... very smart and sweet girl, but a little troubled. Gorgeous eyes, though.)
Old 09-01-2005, 11:15 PM
My eyes used to be a light grey - they've now turned a dark green.

One of my friends has yellow eyes though. Only person "eye've" ever seen with yellow eyes.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:57 PM
One of my wife's friends has eyes that are a pale, bright blue. If you know anything about pottery, it's the color of a light wash of denim glaze on white clay (that's the best way I can explain it)
She has four daughters... all with the exact same eyes.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Charter Member
I had a friend in high school who had one eye that was half green and half brown, divided down the middle. The other eye was green, IIRC.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Used to know a little girl that had golden/amber eyes flecked with a light green tint. Under direct sunlight they really reflected the light and stood out.

They eventually melted into a darker, more uniform brown when she was about 2 years old.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:23 AM
My mother has yellow eyes as well. My eyes are green around the outside and brown on the inside around the pupil. Interestingly enough, my sister's are the exact opposite, brown around the outside and green around the inside.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:53 AM
I worked with a nurse who had one blue eye and the other was half blue and half green. It was split straight down the middle. She caught me staring at it, and yelled at me that yes, she was a freak, but maybe I could at least be polite and not stare.
I actually thought it was rather cool, but i was too scared to tell her that. ( I was really young then)
Old 09-02-2005, 03:18 AM
I know it's not on a person, but it's strange even for an animal.

One of my cats has marbled eyes. His breed, Turkish Van, come with either amber or blue eyes. They're all born with blue eyes, and then they slowly turn amber. His seemed to have stopped halfway (he's almost 3 now), and they are pale pale blue laced with flecks and streaks of amber and a few hunks of darker blue. Like a hologram they look amber on one picture and blue in the next. The total effect grey from a distance, but if you get close to his face. . . wierdest thing.

Best picture of it I've gotten
Old 09-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Obsidian, is that cat wearing eyeliner?

I'm completely oblivious to it now because I've known her for 19 years, but my best friend has two different coloured eyes. One is greeny hazel, the other is light brown. They're pretty: the green one has a light brown outer ring, and the brown one has a green outer ring, so they're co-ordinated. She's lost count of the number of times that strangers have blurted out, "Omigod! You have different coloured eyes!" No shit!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless
And I knew not one, not two, but three women in college (all named Lisa!) with one blue and one green eye.
It's THE ATTACK OF THE ODD-EYED LISAS!!1!!

I, for one, welcome our new Lisa overlords.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:52 AM
My eyes are basic brown, but with a gray rim around the edge. I've had people tell me it's pretty, but I've also had a few people tell me it's freaky-looking. The 'pretty' people outweigh the 'freaky' people, so I'm fine with it. I've always liked my eyes.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:23 AM
I'm one of those ice blue-eyed ladies too, as was a guy I went to highschool with. My eyes are bluish gray (light on the inside with a darker blue/gray rim), and there's been times that I've startled myself when looking in the mirror and seeing that my "no colored" eyes are especially noticeable that particular day. It varies from day to day - sometimes they're really no colored, sometimes they're just blue, sometimes they're gray. Don't know if it depends on what I'm wearing or my makeup - perhaps I should experiment.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
The coolest eyes I've ever seen weren't on a person - they are on my two australian shepherds.

Pirate has one brown (amber) eye, and one blue (really light blue) eye. He's very dark, so the color difference is very striking.

Zap, for her part, has eyes that no human could ever have (it's a merling gene thing). One is amber, the other is amber and marbled with blue. Really really nifty.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:14 AM
I worked at a fireworks stand one summer, and I remember seeing a little girl there, probably about 4 or 5, who had the most gorgeous ice blue eyes I'd ever seen. They were like, glacier blue. I was so jealous.

I graduated with a boy whose eyes were so incredibly dark brown that they appeared to be black. It was as if he had giant pupils with no iris. Kind of freaky.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:24 AM
My daughter has the lightest light brown eyes I've ever seen. ( and I'm a sucker for brown eyes.) but everyone who meets her gets hypnotized by them.

I'm trying to figure out how to work this for my monetary gain.

( I have light blue eyes, but my hypnotizing skills, but sadly my powers have been taken by my doppelganger halfpint. Now I have to resort to the \w/ that Crocodile Dundee used to entrance people.) I just seem to make head banger's giggle.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:52 AM
A friend of mine has one dark brown eye and one eye that looks like it is split diagonally with one half being dark brown and the other half being very pale blue. It is very striking but she has vision problems in that eye.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melondeca
A friend of mine has one dark brown eye and one eye that looks like it is split diagonally with one half being dark brown and the other half being very pale blue. It is very striking but she has vision problems in that eye.
Does she, like picunurse's fellownurse, snap at people who stare at the eye?

If you stare at The Odd-Eyed Lisas' eyes, they kill you. Or breed with you!
Old 09-02-2005, 01:16 PM
A person I know online has the most gorgeous ice blue eyes I've seen. She has black hair and pale skin, too, so they really pop.

People who can actually see my eyes* think they're really weird/neat. They're grey with a hint of blue. They have the rather common dark ring on the outer edge, but the cool thing is I have a ring of bright rust orange around the pupil.

Oddly enough, when seen from a bit of a distance (aka a few feet, because of the info in the footnote), everyone says I have green eyes. Even digital photos of me condense my eye color down to green.

* I have small, deep set eyes and glasses, so y'know.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware of Doug
Does she, like picunurse's fellownurse, snap at people who stare at the eye?

If you stare at The Odd-Eyed Lisas' eyes, they kill you. Or breed with you!
That kind of sounds like a reverse version of "The Tell-Tale Heart".
But, no, she is used to it and just lets people get a closer look. I always tell her that she should wait till they get really close and then lick them.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:57 PM
The eyes of me, my sister, and my maternal cousins are peculiar--they change color in certain light. Most of the time they're sort of greenish-blue-gray, but sometimes they look bright blue with a ring of gold around the pupil. I've had a couple instances where my companions freaked out because my eyes were suddenly brilliant green. I've startled myself by looking into a mirror and seeing brown eyes. Needles to say, it's a tricky question when I get my driver's license and have to pick a color. Currently it's "hazel" whatever that means (my mom told me to say that).

My dad's eyes are that ice-blue color, but hidden by glasses.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenfair
The coolest eyes I've ever seen weren't on a person - they are on my two australian shepherds.
My thought process when I read that:
1) You have 2 shepards?! From Australia?! Crazy! (having been a shepardess myself, I find shepards and stuff cool)
2) Wait, you don't consider them human?
3)

not to toot my own horn, but I have those eyes that change color, from blue to green to grey, sometimes with a little brown thrown in. When I cry, they turn bright green. I remember when I first got my driver's license, the guy asks me what color eyes I have. I looked panicked and said, "I don't know!" He put down hazel.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant_Spongess
The eyes of me, my sister, and my maternal cousins are peculiar--they change color in certain light. Most of the time they're sort of greenish-blue-gray, but sometimes they look bright blue with a ring of gold around the pupil. I've had a couple instances where my companions freaked out because my eyes were suddenly brilliant green. I've startled myself by looking into a mirror and seeing brown eyes. Needles to say, it's a tricky question when I get my driver's license and have to pick a color. Currently it's "hazel" whatever that means (my mom told me to say that).
This girl Carol in my high school class had chameleon eyes: they were blue, gray, or green depending on the light. Beautiful eyes, dancing and merry. She was, unfortunately, a total snob.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:13 PM
The most unusual eyes I have seen was this one guy at my high school. He had eyes the same color as the afghan woman in National Geographic. His didnt have the ring around the outside of the eye, but it was a startling color that went well with his pale skin and dirty blonde hair.

/shameless plug

My eyes have a dark green ring around the outside, a golden brown with deep green in the middle, and then a green ring around the iris. When the sun hits the brown part, it reflects golden. Ive always found my eyes the most colorful of anyone Ive seen, but from a distance the dark green just blends together with a golden sheen to it.

I had an ex tell me that I had wolf-eyes, because of all the gold in them...

/end shameless plug
Old 09-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Quote:
My neice has pale, pale blue eyes. We call her Wolf Girl.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
My boyfriend's eyes are deep black. I've only really seen his pupils a couple times in direct sunlight.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by even sven
My boyfriend's eyes are deep black. I've only really seen his pupils a couple times in direct sunlight.
My son's eyes are the same way. The last time I saw his pupils was when his eyes still had that newborn haze to them. Almost nine years ago.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Mine are bluish-grey. Sometimes they look greenish. Some people think they are pretty, sometimes they don't really seem to have much color at all. Just like an overcast day.

The coolest eyes I've seen, and I am not making this up, belonged to the mother of a girl I went to school with. She had greenish eyes with an amber/yellow lightening bolt in one iris. Absolutely striking. Mother and daughter were gorgeous to boot.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:28 AM
My grandfather's best friend was, like him, a WWI veteran. Unlike my grandfather, He was gassed at close range in 1918, was blind for several months (and had terrible eyesight thereafter) and his eyes were incredible. There was a milky blue iris on a gray-white sclera and when I first read the book DUNE I thought instantly of his eyes. (He also had two children who were born with serious birth defects; I wonder if the gassing was why [he had other children who were healthy]).
Old 09-03-2005, 01:10 AM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty
I knew a girl growing up that had one light brown eye and one light blue eye. It was pretty striking. She also used to insist that she got it being hit by ball lightning when she was little. Don't know about that.
David Bowie (the rock star) has two differenc colored eyes, supposedly the result of a fight over a girl when he was young. The pupils are a different size too.

Pretty freaky looking if you ask me.
http://inception-magazine.com/sp.../bowieeyes.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by StGermain
The famous cover of National Geographic an Afghani woman. Startlingly aqua eyes that just pierce you.
National Geographic managed to track her down a couple of years ago.

Quote:
She's weathered and aged from a life of poverty but still has the same haunting green eyes.
from http://usatoday.com/news/world/2...fghan-girl.htm
Old 09-03-2005, 01:37 AM
On a celebrity note, Kate Bosworth has really unusual (and cool!) eyes--you can sort of see it in this picture here, but if you've seen her in the recent makeup promotion she's doing it's a lot more apparent. She has one light bluish-grey eye and one eye that's half-bluish-grey and half-hazel.

And, of course, there's always Ol' Blue Eyes--not Frank Sinatra, Elijah Wood.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:37 AM
My brother has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. They are a burst of browns and gold and green and they twinkle. Now that he's older it's not quite so startling, but catch him in the right light and it comes right back out again.

I dated a guy in high school that had one hazel and one blue eye. He was a pretty thing.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:00 AM
Jane Seymour (the "Doctor Squaw" actress, not the dead-from-childbirth queen) also has beautiful green/brown mismatched eyes. Unfortunately she usually wears a brown contact lens on the green one.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:56 AM
Years ago at my old preschool job I knew a pair of sisters, African-American with deep deep brown (almost black) skin who had snow-cone blue eyes. Very startling. Kids and grownups stared at the poor kids; at first they would have a crowd trailing after them on the playground, then everyone got used to them.

I also used to know a guy, a redhead with those icy colored sort of eyes, except his base color was green instead of blue. Sort of reminded me of a crevasse in a glacier.

My eyes are sort of a blah blue-grey with a few gold flecks, but my spouse's are a bright blue, almost like the blue in the Greek flag.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:08 AM
The one and only trip I've made to New York City was in 1998. I had volunteered to be a driver/roadie for a group of my friends in a traveling Drag King troupe. They had booked a Saturday night show at the Manhattan lesbian bar, Meow Mix.

We rolled into Manhattan from Columbus, Ohio in a caravan of vehicles on a Friday afternoon. We were all hanging out in the lobby of our hotel waiting for our rooms to be cleaned so that we could check in. Upon entering the hotel, the subtle scent of peaches filled my nose. While I'm usually a Jack and Coke drinker, I had an undeniable craving for a Fuzzy Navel, so I walked up to the bar in the lobby. I can't remember the name of the hotel, but it was quite nice.

My first impression of the bartender was that she was about as skinny as my pinkie finger. Then she turned around...

In a thick accent of unknown origin, she asked what I wanted to drink while gazing at me with the most amazing amber-colored eyes. Seriously...it was like she had two tiny jars of the purest, most transluscent, luminous, sweet honey known to the world behind her long eyelashes.

I'm sure I sat there gawking with my jaw hanging open for an absurdely long time before I finally managed to pull it together and say, "Fuh *clear throat* Fuzzy Navel, please." I sat there for the better part of an hour, eagerly paying $13 a drink. A few of my friends and the folks I was traveling with eventually joined me at the bar, as well as joining me in my unabashed gawking.

After sustained exposure to a half-dozen flirty androgenous lesbians, she did at least volunteer that her eye color was indeed natural, and she was from Lithuania.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:28 PM
My friend Jonathan has pale lime-green eyes, very clear and sad to say not attractive at all. They just scream WRONG. You look at the rest of his very ordinary and not unattractive face and then notice the WRONG.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:42 PM
I had a friend growing up who had the sort of very light brown eyes that people are talking about on this thread. Her hair was the same color as her eyes. She was very striking.

My own small daughter has huge blue/grey eyes with the longest lashes I've ever seen. Sometimes I just stare at her, wondering if her face will catch up.
Old 09-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenfair

Pirate has one brown (amber) eye, and one blue (really light blue) eye. He's very dark, so the color difference is very striking.

Zap, for her part, has eyes that no human could ever have (it's a merling gene thing). One is amber, the other is amber and marbled with blue. Really really nifty.

For pictures (of Aussie eyes that is), see here: http://ashgi.org/color/aussie_eye_color.htm
Old 09-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Lame-o me only has normal, brown eyes. Nothing spectacular whatsoever. Oh, how I envy others.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I really like my eyes, they're a bright olive green with a deep forest green rim and little golden specks around the pupil. Sadly, unless you're less than two feet away they just look hazel. Sometimes when my eyes are really watery or I've been crying my eyes are a brilliant emerald green that reminds me of Harry Potter.

My brother's eyes are a really light blue, like ice. I'm so jealous of him. Horrible, horrible eye sight though.

Then my friend Sarah has these deep coral blue eyes that I'll just stare at for ages. They remind me of the ocean.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:41 PM
One of my cousins has golden-brown eyes. They were the same color as her hair until fairly recently, when her hair started darkening to the uniform mousy brown common to most women in our family. (The men are all either dark brunet or blond, for some reason.) I've only met one other person with eyes that color, though it seems fairly common in cats.