Old 08-04-2000, 07:36 PM
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,664
This is kind of an oddball question, but I've spent more than a week researching this and I have come up with nothing but dead ends.

Where the hell can I purchase some little self-adhesive rubber feet? You know, those stick-on little rubber dots that you put on bottom of stuff to keep them from sliding around your desk and scratching up the desktop?

I have some desktop computer speakers, and they came with a sheet with little rubber feet on them, and now they've all come off and I need more (preferably with a stronger glue). These feet were pretty small, about 1/4 of an inch, but I have a whole array of devices on my desk that could use some new feet in various sizes. The closest I've come is some thin felt pads at Walmart, they don't stop the stuff from sliding around. Walmart also had big rubber feet for furniture, they were about an inch square and 1/4 inch thick, way too big for desktop stuff.
Ideally I'd like to buy an assortment of sizes, but at this point, I haven't found anywhere to buy these at all. Sorry to ask such stupid question on this board, but you guys out there seem to know such odd things, somebody's sure to know where to get these.
Old 08-04-2000, 07:41 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Posts: 3,703
Try Radio Shack, or any other place that has supplies for do-it-yourself electronics projects.
Old 08-04-2000, 08:08 PM
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Posts: 3,230

I understand your frustration. I tried a few simple searches then a few deep searches and found nothing. I did find the felt kind, but that's not what your after. The problem is trying to figure out what they call those stupid things. 'Little rubber nubs?', 'anti-skid pads?', 'Those doo-hicky's under my speakers?'. Nada. Now I'm wanting to know myself because I'm irritated.

Anyrate, try radio shack or even a Target. I recall seeing those 'thingys' a while back in the 'Home Office Supply' section. Maybe try a Office Depot or CompuStore.
Old 08-04-2000, 08:17 PM
lee lee is offline
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Cook County, IL
Posts: 4,682
The grocery store in the aisle with the picture hanging stuff and the thumbtacks.
If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question.

"Yes, just 31 days after the OP was made by Lee, Cecil responded with a column."--whitetho
Old 08-04-2000, 09:00 PM
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Vermont
Posts: 799
If you go to Home Depot/Lowes/your-local-equivalent, you will find an entire wall of such things, in all shapes and sizes.
Old 08-04-2000, 09:02 PM
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,664
Nope, I tried Radio Shack. They don't have them in the grocery store next to thumbtacks either. I've looked an any local store that could possibly have them. Computer stores, hardware stores, building supply stores, department stores, Office Depot, Target, etc etc. I did find big rubber feet for furniture, but like I said, they're way too big
This is starting to really bug me. I know that manufacturers must buy these things buy the millions, and there should be some business-to-business website somewhere from some company that sells them. But where?!??
Old 08-04-2000, 09:55 PM
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Posts: 3,230
Well Chas, I think I've found the feet your looking for. The first site is the cheapest. You need to search for 'self-adhesive rubber feet' in the searchable database (it doesn't want to link to the results I found). That site can be found here.

These other two sites have what you want but seem to be supliers instead of retailers. I'm not sure. The second one really caught my eye. Check this one and, finally this one.

Don't know if this helps much, but it's the best I could come up with.
Old 08-04-2000, 10:08 PM
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The Colony, TX
Posts: 464
Here's what I found...

I have always herd them called Little Rubber Feet, or LRF for short. I know I have seen them at Radio Shack at one time or another, so I went to their website... A search for "feet" was fruitless, as was a search for "rubber". However a search for "bumpers" hit pay dirt.

Click on the link and then go to page 2 for the small ones like you are looking for. Being able to give your local RS their catalog number will facilitate them ordering it for you if you don't want to buy it online.
Old 08-04-2000, 10:11 PM
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Posts: 3,230
Well piss me off. I was in that site too! Jerks. I tried everything but rubber. Urghhh.
Old 08-04-2000, 10:15 PM
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,475
Chas, where do you live that Radio Shack doesn't have what you want?

Here are the product numbers for the three sizes/styles of rubber feet/bumbers they carry:

1. #64-2346 - round, black

2. #64-2365 - round, clear

3. #64-2342 - square, black
Old 08-05-2000, 03:46 PM
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,664
Thanks go to CnoteChris for the info.. The surplus place looks good.

Somehow the world seems a better place now that I know there's a German industriegehaeuse producing millions of precisely engineered Little Rubber Feet, and presenting their precision diagrams on a web page. Now that I see this, I can actually think of a few sculptural projects I could do with 1 or 2000 Little Rubber Feet.
Old 08-05-2000, 04:06 PM
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Posts: 3,230
Well, you did seem to be in crisis mode. Just trying to help.

Seriously, I'd go or order them from the shack. Meep has a good link.
Old 08-05-2000, 07:29 PM
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Sto Lat
Posts: 1,420
3M calls them "Bump Ons." You can order some at this site - or you might try an office supply store. They're frequently used in picture framing, too, so a large craft store could have them.

Heck, Chas, if you have trouble getting them, I can send you a few sheets - Mr. Mayo used to sell 3M products a long time ago and I've still got some samples hanging around here somewhere. Probably not enough for any major artwork, but I think I've got different sizes, at least. I can't guarantee the adhesive, though - they are a bit elderly.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 38,277
Get 'em by the box on Amazon.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:17 PM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 19,698
Moderator Action

Thread raised by spammer (who has since been disappeared). Closed due to extreme zombification.

Last edited by engineer_comp_geek; 10-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: average pie boytoy meaning the others ending ectomy vs otomy i hate traveling joshing you origin pregnant midget flatliners plot broken cv axle sick leave messages posturepedic meaning drano in dishwasher soused hogs face crab lungs tangerine lifesavers sonic boom gun sphere film explanation schmaltzy music corp pronunciation punjabi mc knightrider weathertech return colgate university toothpaste bleach and pee teenage or teenaged scantron alternatives professor frink quotes police support stickers sinus crackling noise double handshake squealing girl bigelow stash portland strip clubs per capita lowes scrap wood pieces if our grandfathers are brothers what are we why did gimli not know about moria 87 yamaha virago 700 innovative performance chips review how much does it cost to replace an airbag i want a lawyer does sonic chili have beans how long does it take for flomax to start working freedom just another word haven't seen you in a coon's age do i need to play baldur's gate 1 if you taze someone touching you what do safety deposit keys look like what animal screeches at night therapy is a con skin flap under tongue wasp nest in window frame funny jokes about tall guys gases that put you to sleep wet subfloor dry out when does dope come out on dvd how does the process of hearing differ between a person who is awake and a person who is asleep? top 6 friends on facebook were putting cum inside m&ms touch your ear with your pinkie finger circle below the waist cell phone ring amplifier jackson browne the load out stay hear no evil see no evil tattoo phi beta kappa secret handshake wash shower curtain in salt water high mileage oil worth it