Old 10-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Charter Member
WTF is "Cinematech" on G4?

What is this show? As far as I can tell, it's just shots of games, both cut-scenes and in-game play that are edited together...for no actual point.

Are there supposed to be little movies that we follow a story in or is the idea of the show for the viewer to see some scenes from new games? Having said that, why is there no host or any "human" to set up or narrate anything?

I like the TechTV/G4 channel, but this show has always confused me. Does anyone watch this show?
Old 10-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth
What is this show? As far as I can tell, it's just shots of games, both cut-scenes and in-game play that are edited together...for no actual point.
It's just filler, or perhaps a show designed to train editors on the ins and outs of editing a program. It's one of the lamest programs on G4 and that's really saying something. Sometimes Cinematech stays on while I'm doing dishes but I can't say I really watch it.

Marc
Old 10-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth
That is it exactly. I must admit that I do like the show because it gives me ideas of what games to at least look at. The themed episodes are the best.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:26 PM
It shows trailers. I found it rather great last year when I was still living out in the country without high speed and couldn't see the newest, greatest video game trailers without waiting 3 hours for them to download.

Posting Rules