Old 11-15-2005, 01:26 AM
What's Tony Kornheiser's Canada fetish all about?

So I am a regular viewer of ESPN's Pardon the Interruption with Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheiser. Great show, and I think they have a great chemistry. However, at the end of virtually every show, Kornheiser says something like "Goodnight, Canada," or waves a Canadian flag. I know he's from New York, but is there a story to why he does this?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:28 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
PTI doesn't end at 6 anymore. It goes directly to SportsCenter, then they come back for The Big Finish. But Canada doesn't carry that last big of the show, so he bids them goodnight early.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 AM
Nice one Marley23. For some reason I checked Wikipedia after posting and found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The segment during SportsCenter is not shown in Canada, where the program airs on TSN, so when Mike makes the toss to Bristol, Connecticut, where ESPN's studios are located, Kornheiser always says, "Goodnight, Canada," waving a Canadian flag as he says so.
Thanks!
Old 11-15-2005, 01:36 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
Where do you think I got it? Sorry I didn't post the link.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:37 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
...which neither of us did, actually. Here's the link.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off