Old 01-21-2006, 04:12 AM
Recommend some Sims 2 movies and stories!

One of the many things you can do with The Sims 2 is make movies or illustrate stories with your Sims. Most of the movies out there seem to be made by angsty teenage girls, who awkwardly jam together clips they've recorded in the game of two Sims frantically dry-humping on the sofa and set it all to some pop song about broken hearts and baby-daddies. The stories aren't necessarily better for not being backed up by Kelly Clarkson. But there are some really good movies and stories out there: sophisticated, clever, dramatic. The Sims 2 can be the base for some very creative work.

Here are some of my favorites, no particular order.

Movies
1. Gayliens and Number 9 Take 5 by ninhead1011. Gayliens is one guy's take on what happens when your Sim is abducted at the telescope. It has manymany green transvestites and the aforementioned dry-humping, so you probably don't want to watch it at work. Number 9 Take 5 is one of the most visually clever Sims movies I've seen. Ninhead's Life with Goopy series is also entertaining.

2. The Picard Song, found via GoogleVideo. A music video of the song/remix by Dark Materia. Featuring the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation. They get down with their bad selves.

3. The Strangerhood. Made by the same folk (Rooster Teeth Productions) who do Red Vs. Blue, this is probably one of the most well-produced stories using The Sims 2 out there. It's a parody of popular sitcoms and reality TV. Not quite as good as Red Vs. Blue, but it has its moments.

Stories
1. Deception Pass. Vampires! Rockstars! Voodoo! Boobies! This, I will admit, is pure soap opera. It's strongly inspired by Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and Anne Rice, but it's not derivative. It begins here. And alternate site is http://deception-pass.com/here. It's slow in the beginning, but it picks up around episode three or four.

That's all I got. Anybody want to recommend some more?
Old 01-21-2006, 04:15 AM
And of course I messed up that last link. The alternate site for DP is here.

I'd also like to expand this to include movies/stories made with other games, a la RvB.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, bumpity bump bump. Anyone care to respond now that the weekend's rolled by and a new week's here?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Charter Member
I'm a fan of the Sims 2, but I've never watched videos others have made. Too much fun toying with my own sims. I watch a few when I get home tonight.

If I only watch a single one, which would you recommend?
Old 01-23-2006, 02:10 PM
On the story front, this guy has made Harry Potter and the Philosopher's/Sorceror's Stone in the Sims 2, and is currently partway through book two. Plus there's a lot of extra stuff that (if you've read the books) is damn funny.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleonast
I'm a fan of the Sims 2, but I've never watched videos others have made. Too much fun toying with my own sims. I watch a few when I get home tonight.

If I only watch a single one, which would you recommend?
If you have dial-up, I'd go with Number 9 Take 5, because it's the smallest file size. If you have a high speed connection, and aren't afraid to be un-PC, then I'd watch Gayliens.