Old 04-23-2006, 06:50 PM
What movies have used this song?

Teenage Wasteland by The Who

I was listening to it yesterday after a long while of not hearing it and I could almost remember a movie I have seen which used the song pretty well. I just can'ttttt put my finger on it.

So, it's probably gonna be more then a couple movies, but which ones have used this song?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:59 PM
American Beauty is the most recent that I can recall (I only remember it form the trailer, not the actual movie, though it is on the sdtk).
Old 04-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I just googled "movie soundtrack: baba o'reilley"...(The song is really called Baba O'Reilly) and came up with the 1997 movie Prefontaine, for one. I'm sure there are others, too.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Not a movie, but the TV series CSI: NY uses the song in its opening titles.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail
I just googled "movie soundtrack: baba o'reilley"...(The song is really called Baba O'Reilly) and came up with the 1997 movie Prefontaine, for one. I'm sure there are others, too.
This works better when spelled "Baba O'Riley". I'm looking at a Who album, and this is the spelling it gives. A googlefight provides more evidence in favor of this spelling.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Speaks!
This works better when spelled "Baba O'Riley". I'm looking at a Who album, and this is the spelling it gives. A googlefight provides more evidence in favor of this spelling.
O'Riley is indeed correct; the song was partly (musically) inspired by composer Terry Riley (and Pete Townshend's guru Meher Baba).