Old 05-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Charter Member
MS Excel, what are the units of measure for cell height and width?

The title says it all. What are cell height and width measured in for MS Excel? I want to insert some images into a spreadsheet and I want to size the cells to fit the images. The default cell size is 8.43 X 12.75, but 8.43 X 12.75 what? Point? Inches? Anything?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Cells are measured in points. From Microsoft Office Assistance:

Quote:
Row height and line size

The default height of a row in Excel depends on the font and maximum font size used in that row. In Excel, the default font is 10-point Arial. For this combination of font and font size, the height of a cell with one line of text is 12.75 points.

(snip)

When you specify a height in the Row Height box, the measurement is displayed in points. When you drag the boundary below a row heading to adjust the height of a row on the worksheet, a ScreenTip displays the measurement first in points, and then in pixels (in parentheses).

Note These default units of measurement cannot be changed in Excel 2003.

The following table shows the approximate conversion of inches to points and pixels.
Code:
Inches Points Pixels
.25 18 24
.5 36 48
1 72 96
1.5 108 144
2 144 192

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: average classroom size spouse vagi dial operator serendipitous antonym bull's penis oven safe cups strut leaking freddie mercury hair daggerfall nude skin ink pens tarpon fish edible ephebophile. rimjob meaning slacks clothing 1700 rifle keith parkins disappearance amish cemetery cardon disability advocates russia comrade hawai'i vs hawaii shelf pegs target moonshadow meaning japan watch movement satay origin fleshlight reddit twiddle her twanger italy silver immune to nicotine 3006 subsonic boys compare penises what would you do fake convert rpm to mph stationary bike why are liquor stores called package stores silent hunter 4 best starting sub is 127 a good iq wisdom teeth horror stories side effects of cocaine sexually how to get heartworm medicine without a vet how to get into the 82nd airborne pvc pipe leaking at joint repair egg yolk in spanish buffy season 8 complete black shoes white socks presidents of the united states of america lump how to find out when i worked for a company how much does it cost to get a key made at home depot will there be dew in the morning i don't know my ssn is drano safe for plastic pipes hummer h3 5 cylinder engine how long grapes last double major vs two degrees why is it called a poop deck how to pop a lock on a car trunk pastor dave that 70s show how to stop excel from formatting dates stainless steel rainbow discoloration what do you put in a toaster 2 miles in 20 minutes adam and eve mailing list remove does ultrasonic bark control work human vs dog fight can a gfci outlet be controlled by a switch paying cash for a hotel room last of the mohicans weapon what is dry steering buy dragon skin body armor price they used to laugh and call him names