Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 PM
BANNED
Do identical twins have identical genitalia?

Do they have identical genitalia
Old 07-27-2006, 12:02 AM
If you eat all your vegetables and grow up big and strong, will, um, it grow too? If so, the answer is no.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:08 AM
BANNED
cite?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 AM
Charter Member
To the extent that appearance of genitalia is genetic, yes. To the extent that they can be modified by environmental influences, no. As an example, if one of two male twins is circumcized, and the other is not, then their genitalia are going to look significantly different.

Could you perhaps provide a bit more context? As it is, the answer seems too obvious.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:17 AM
BANNED
Do two identical females have identical looking vulvas? Meaning, they can't be told apart if you were to take a picture of each. Would the two look exactly alike?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:18 AM
SD Curator of Critters
Identical twins, while genetically identical, are not necessarily completely identical physically. Development can affect their physical appearance. For example, identical twins have different fingerprints.

Generally, their genitalia should be just as similar, on average, as any other part of their anatomies. However, in some cases identical twins would be expected to differ in this, just as they would in any other aspect.

Why do you ask? Are you dating a twin, and wondering if they are pulling a fast one on you?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:26 AM
BANNED
ha, I wish I was dating a twin. I've just always wondered this and have never really had the pleasure of finding out on my own yet.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
SD Curator of Critters
Apply for a grant.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:39 AM
Isn't genital size (and presumably other characteristics, like luminosity) determined largely by hormonal changes at adolescence? I wouldn't expect twins to automatically undergo these changes at precisely the same rate because of environmental factors too numerous to track.

This PDF file shows that height is also slightly variable between twins, with a correlation for identical males at 0.91 ± 0.01 and identical females at 0.92 ± 0.01. High, but not perfect. It's not implausible that genitalia show similar variation, though you might have to break out the calipers to verify it.

And if you are dating a twin, you can always surreptitiously use a magic marker to place a dot in some unobvious place, if you think the ol' switcheroo is being pulled. Personally, I'd try to get them both at once.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:12 AM
The Turtle Moves!
Charter Member
Luminosity? Like, glow-in-the-dark balls? żQue?
Old 07-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus
Oh. Maybe it's just me.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus
*cough*

Quote:
I have received in the mail a Christmas Catalogue from a company called Faux Ballons. This supplier is the Major Player in the Plastic Testicle arena, and has just revamped its product range to reflect the changing nature of the marketplace.

Customers can now buy Faux Ballons products with an option to have one inserted into the Scrotal Sac in the usual way, or they can have an Orb which attaches to the Ear as a fashion accessory (warning: Ears must be pierced first).

The Ballons are sold either singly or in a boxed set of 3 and, in an exciting new development, they are now available in the colours of your favourite football team.

With Christmas just around the corner, it's worth mentioning that there is no need to use expensive wrapping paper on these products. They can be attached to any Christmas Tree so as to be indistinguishable from other ornamentation, especially if covered with a light coating of Glitter.

The piece de resistance in the Faux Ballon range is the Illuminated Testicle (batteries not included) which flashes on and off in time with the Christmas Tree lights.

If the fortunate recipient of this item chooses to have it installed in the Scrotum, it should prove extremely useful when walking home in the dark naked, since oncoming traffic will be alerted to the recipient's presence thus preventing Nasty Accidents.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos
... As an example, if one of two male twins is circumcized, and the other is not, then their genitalia are going to look significantly different...
I knew a set of twins in high school who's parents did just that! Apparntly they wanted a easy foolproof way of telling them apart.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:45 AM
Charter Member
I asked my wife, whose tales of her family have often been shocking to my delicate Mormon-raised ears with their forthrightness about bodily and sexual matters ("Your MOM bought you guys a PLAYGIRL when you told her neither of you had ever seen a PENIS?!", etc.), if she and her twin sister have identical vulva/labia/vaginal areas. She said "Um, I don't know." I said "But your family has no problem with nudity. You must have seen hers!" And she looked at me and said "Yeah, uh, sadly, you're mistaken if you think that walking to our bedroom after a shower meant that we sat around spreading our legs and looking at each others genitals."

So clearly I'll need to have an videotaped affair with her sister to answer this question. It's rough work, but somebody has to get reliable documentation on these things for science.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri
Apply for a grant.
Best scientist answer, ever.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
SD Curator of Critters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance
Best scientist answer, ever.
Yes, I feel certain this is an open area for investigation.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggleblop
Do two identical females have identical looking vulvas?
Not at all. In fact, given identical female twins, one of them will have a penis. But you should have asked about fraternal twins of different sexes; they have identical genitalia.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Not at all. In fact, given identical female twins, one of them will have a penis. But you should have asked about fraternal twins of different sexes; they have identical genitalia.
The fuck?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Plastic Testicle arena
Well, we now have a place for all those "Band name!" groups to perform in...
Old 07-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867
I knew a set of twins in high school who's parents did just that! Apparntly they wanted a easy foolproof way of telling them apart.
wonder how they decided who got the <ahem>.... short straw
Old 07-27-2006, 03:41 PM
SDSAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867
Dear Og! How often would the parents decide they wanted to ensure they were speaking to the right twin? How often would they do "spot checks"? The mind boggles.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:19 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervaise

What?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by yBeayf
The fuck?
Proof that loneliness, cheeseburgers and genitalia identification are a dangerous mix.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:03 AM
They can be genetically identical, but not genitally identical. At least the sisters I dated weren't.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:16 PM
From what I saw in Playboy, The Dahm triplets look about as identical as you can get. I'll be happy to advise further, based upon the success of this grant application.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:25 PM
This is the new millenium, it is not unheard of to tatoo ones son/daughter. What to tattoo them however remains a mystery

WoW MoM WoW
Old 08-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Reminds me of when I was a kid in the 70s finding a stash of dirty magazines....

A friend and I were looking at the "pussy quiz" where they'd show pictures of five or ten vaginas, and then pictures of the women's faces, and you had to match them up. The stranges part of all was not only was it fun, but it was fun in an intellectual sense, and we got right into it, and there was no sense of "looking at rude photos" titillation about it.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Thinking I might be married to a twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
Identical twins, while genetically identical, are not necessarily completely identical physically. Development can affect their physical appearance. For example, identical twins have different fingerprints.

Generally, their genitalia should be just as similar, on average, as any other part of their anatomies. However, in some cases identical twins would be expected to differ in this, just as they would in any other aspect.

Why do you ask? Are you dating a twin, and wondering if they are pulling a fast one on you?
Ok,so this has been on my mind for YEARS. I think I am married to a twin and they are pulling a fast one on me. Sorry to be so graphic,but is it possible for the same man to have a longer and curved to the left penis one day and a straight shorter penis on a different day (both times the penis is erect)? My common sense tells me "no". No one seems to believe what I vividly see going on in my own home,andmaybe it is because I have identical triplets in my family and I am clearly able to tell the difference between them (personality and minute differences in looks). For me,it is so obvious. But when I question this, people think I am nuts. (And I have to admit, it does sound crazy.) I think there has to be an explanation for vastly different penis' and personalities, right???
Old 07-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlnamedsuess View Post
Ok,so this has been on my mind for YEARS. I think I am married to a twin and they are pulling a fast one on me. . .
Is your husband that magician that does the New Transported Man act?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
I think I am married to a twin
You think you're married to a twin? Can you elaborate on that?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Ok,so this has been on my mind for YEARS [snip]
*** Insert obligatory zombie joke here***

About 6 years if you go by this thread.

And I too want to know why you {Think} that you are married to a twin.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
zombie or no

do you consume enough food for 3 adults? at mealtime does he eat like he has skipped a meal?

is he able to start having sex within a minute, like a teenage guy?

do you hear noises under the bed?

do his personality change at the same time and synchronized with penis change?

Last edited by johnpost; 07-27-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qadgop the Mercotan View Post
You think you're married to a twin? Can you elaborate on that?
I THINK what she's saying is that to her knowledge her husband does not have a twin brother but at times it seems as if he's been replaced by his doppelganger and demonstrates slightly differing physical and emotional characteristics.

Do I have that correct agirlnamedsuess?
Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Quote:
Ok,so this has been on my mind for YEARS. I think I am married to a twin and they are pulling a fast one on me. Sorry to be so graphic,but is it possible for the same man to have a longer and curved to the left penis one day and a straight shorter penis on a different day (both times the penis is erect)? My common sense tells me "no". No one seems to believe what I vividly see going on in my own home,andmaybe it is because I have identical triplets in my family and I am clearly able to tell the difference between them (personality and minute differences in looks). For me,it is so obvious. But when I question this, people think I am nuts. (And I have to admit, it does sound crazy.) I think there has to be an explanation for vastly different penis' and personalities, right???
On a related note I have this condition where my left leg is just a bit too long, and I was wondering if you would mind pulling the other one.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
I THINK what she's saying is that to her knowledge her husband does not have a twin brother but at times it seems as if he's been replaced by his doppelganger and demonstrates slightly differing physical and emotional characteristics.

Do I have that correct agirlnamedsuess?
I thought she just wasn't sure if she was married or not.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficer67 View Post
This is the new millenium, it is not unheard of to tatoo ones son/daughter. What to tattoo them however remains a mystery

WoW MoM WoW
Clearly you tattoo one of them with a goatee and just hope it turns out to be the right one.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
zombie or no

give him a dick hickey.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Here's what you do. Every time you have sex with the curved one, do it on the left side of the bed. When you have sex with the smaller one, do ti on the right side. Don't mention to him what you're doing.

In a couple years when you're about to have sex with the curved one say "Hey, do you think it would be weird if we had sex on the right side?" If he says "What are you talking about, we do it over there all the time" then you have your answer.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfusciatrist View Post
Here's what you do. Every time you have sex with the curved one, do it on the left side of the bed. When you have sex with the smaller one, do ti on the right side. Don't mention to him what you're doing.

In a couple years when you're about to have sex with the curved one say "Hey, do you think it would be weird if we had sex on the right side?" If he says "What are you talking about, we do it over there all the time" then you have your answer.

(On the off chance the the 'op' is for real...
How about just making a mark on one of them. Magic marker on the back of one of their necks with a casual touch shouldn't be too hard.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Need answer fast?
Old 07-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Dear Og! How often would the parents decide they wanted to ensure they were speaking to the right twin? How often would they do "spot checks"? The mind boggles.
I know this is a zombie thread, but I'll answer that anyway. Apparently their parents overestimated how big a problem not being able to tell them apart would be. I don't know exactly when they stopped needing to check their penises, but by the time I met them (1st grade) their parents didn't have any problem telling them apart fully clothed. They did pull the occasionaly switchero up tru high school, always fooled the teachers, but not most of their classmates.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Charter Member
Some anectodal evidence. My sisters are identical twins. One sister has a tiny bump on the top of her left ear, like a tiny little elf-nubbin. The other sister does not.

So, despite their identical genomes, their ears are not identical.

You can draw your own conclusions about other parts of their anatomy.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceswithcats View Post
From what I saw in Playboy, The Dahm triplets look about as identical as you can get. I'll be happy to advise further, based upon the success of this grant application.
Some of us, ahem, read Playboy for the articles.

I seem to remember them being asked something along this line, maybe it wasn't in the magazine but on Howard Stern, but they responded that they had never really compared their hey-nani-nanis to each others' before, but now they said they felt they did resemble each others.

Boy, talk about a first world issue...
Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur866 View Post
My sisters are identical twins.
How they doin'?

Last edited by John Mace; 07-27-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Ants View Post
Boy, talk about a first world issue...
Actually, I suspect that there's plenty of Third World folk who would be happy to engage in field research on this issue.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaboi867 View Post
They did pull the occasionaly switchero up tru high school, always fooled the teachers, but not most of their classmates.
They at least managed to fool everyone until gym class was over, right?
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
On a related note I have this condition where my left leg is just a bit too long, and I was wondering if you would mind pulling the other one.
Snort
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM
I clicked on this thread just to see the snark...

perhaps a bad choice of words
Old 07-27-2012, 08:51 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Have you ever heard of Capgras (sp?) syndrome?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Capgras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Linctus View Post
Have you ever heard of Capgras (sp?) syndrome?
She doesn't fit the characteristics of Capgras Syndrome. People with Capgras KNOW that the people in their lives LOOK IDENTICAL, but are convinced they are different people. She is saying that her husband (and his penis) look and act different.