Old 09-18-2006, 03:14 PM
H2Ocean, fake, right?

Here it is. You're supposed to be able to spray it onto a piercing, and it'll clean it for you and everything... with just a spray. No wiping, just spray on, and it fixes things.

Bogus? Yes? No?

(Also:
H2Ocean! Apply directly to the piercing!
H2Ocean! Apply directly to the piercing!
H2Ocean! Apply directly to the piercing!)
Old 09-18-2006, 03:22 PM
That's what it says on their website...

"The ingredients of H2Ocean Spray are Purified Water, Sea Salt, Lysozyme and Sodium Benzoate which are found in the body's own metabolism. "

"Just spray 3 to 6 times per day or as needed to the desired skin area. For best results, spray on skin area and let the solution completely dry. Do not wipe it off. The 360 degree non-aerosol dry-mist sprayer is ozone friendly and the formula remains sterile from start to finish. "

Note for those of you at work: The h2ocean website starts out innocously enough but rapidly becomes NSFW.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist
The ingredients of H2Ocean Spray are Purified Water, Sea Salt, Lysozyme and Sodium Benzoate which are found in the body's own metabolism. "
Bolding mine

That's the key ingrediant to H2Ocean. Lysozyme has natural antibiotic properties.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:51 PM
and you don't want to wipe it off, cause Lysozyme probably needs the buffer in order to function correctly.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Eh. Why bother?

A drop or two of Dial antibacterial mixed up in a small dish of water, twice a day. Maybe a warm salt water rinse once a week. Did the job perfectly, on a notoriously hard-to-heal piercing (my belly button).
Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
Charter Member
You're paying $1.50 (plus shipping) per ounce for salty water. It's not totally bogus, but it has a lot of bogusity to it. They claim it's salty water with a trace of an antibiotic, and that is probably what it is. It is not the best way to heal a piercing, and it's overpriced. It's a solution looking for a problem.