Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 AM
Ever bought books from textbooks.com?

We need to buy my wife's law school textbooks and we're suffering sticker shock. Having run across textbooks.com, where the prices are better, we're interested but wonder if it's reputable, trustworthy, etc. Who knows, maybe everyone & their siblings are using it these days...we've been out of college awhile.

Any experiences you can relate, good or bad, would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
E.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Thorp
We need to buy my wife's law school textbooks and we're suffering sticker shock. Having run across textbooks.com, where the prices are better, we're interested but wonder if it's reputable, trustworthy, etc. Who knows, maybe everyone & their siblings are using it these days...we've been out of college awhile.

Any experiences you can relate, good or bad, would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
E.
I haven't used that particular site but I buy textbooks online all the time. I wish I started earlier. The site bigwords.com will search for your book at several different bookseller websites and give you the best price. Usually the cheapest are at half.com. I've never had a problem with receiving the wrong book or no book. I hope that helped.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I've always bought and sold books through Books 4 Exchange for years and never had problems yet. Often, I'll buy or sell to someone local so I can just meet downtown for the exchange, but I've shipped to Vancouver before, and most people do ship if you don't mind paying for it.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I used textbooks.com to get my behavioral genetics text. They had the book, for a good price. The only complaint I have is that I thought they sent out my book the next day (Saturday), but they didn't ship it until the following Monday. The book was later than I expected, but everything else was good.

I'd use them again.