Old 01-04-2007, 04:41 AM
Mainly men: Does leg stubble on women bother you?

This thread got me wondering: if your woman hasn't shaved her legs in a day or so, or her hair just grows quickly like mine, does the stubble bother you?

One of the reasons I shave frequently when I'm seeing a guy is that I fret over the possibility that it might be a turn off for him. Naturally, of course, I never think to actually ask the fellows I'm with.

So what say you: is it bothersome? A huge turn off? A turn ON? Do you just not care either way?
Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 AM
I notice in your linked thread you say your hair is blonde - that does make a difference. If hair is fine/light in color, honestly I'd prefer it natural than stubbly. Stubble is rough to the touch, and that's kind of opposite the point of removing the hair in the first place, right?
Old 01-04-2007, 05:44 AM
My friend's 4-year-old said, "Dad! Look! Mom's wearing her 'picky socks'" when she skipped a few days.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:05 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorny Platypus
A huge turn off? A turn ON? Do you just not care either way?
Like most things, this one matters only if it's a close call anyway. I've been with stubbly women and not cared a damn, even found it sexy, because I really enjoyed being with them overall, but when I haven't especially wanted to be with a women, even if she had the smoothest legs, it didn't make her a tiny bit more attractive to me. The last time I was with a women I found totally gorgeous (yes, it was this decade!) I couldn't keep my hands off her soft, close-shaven legs--that's practically my favorite memory of her, us sitting in bed and talking and me stroking her legs.

Now, thorns! That would be a turn-off.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Mainly men: Does leg stubble on women bother you?

Not as much as seeing it on men.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Just one more perfect symbiosis of name and thread title....

To answer the question: prickly stubble can be mildly annoying sometimes. I don't mind leg hair, although tropical rainforest (even on men, not just on women) is not something I wish to inspect at close quarters. Smooth is good, hair is fine; stubble, as Rigmarole noted, isn't very pleasant to run your hands along.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Yes it does bother me. My wife generally doesn't go that long between shaves where it becomes an issue, but when it does it's a turnoff.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato
I couldn't give a damn. Long, short, or stubble it seems something I shouldn't get upset about. And it's not like I shave every day either. If she can live with that I can live with her shaving choices.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:17 AM
It's totally a non-issue for me. Not long before we first met and started dating, my fiancee decided to "go natural" for a bit. Whether smooth, stubbly or furry, I didn't really care about her leg hairs.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Personally speaking, I don't mind when my gf takes a couple days off. She's usually very good about it, and I really can't blame her since she has to put up with me. I'm a terribly hairy bastard, by the time I'm an old man I will be a bear (I'm 25 now). So stubble doesn't bother me a whole lot, but it is definately different from man to man.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 AM
For me, stubble is a definitely a bit of a turn off. Hairy is a show stopper.

[doyle hargrave voice]I'm not saying it's right, it's just the damn truth.[/doyle hargrave voice]

Jammer
Old 01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance
I couldn't give a damn. Long, short, or stubble it seems something I shouldn't get upset about. And it's not like I shave every day either. If she can live with that I can live with her shaving choices.
Ditto. Now if she's hairier than I am down there, it might be a problem. Back hair on a woman is right out, however.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:07 PM
My ex's brother's girlfriend once expressed great horror that his wife didn't shave her legs, and turned to him with an incredulous, "And you don't mind?"

He sort of stared at her in bafflement for a moment and then said, "Well, I don't shave mine either."
Old 01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
I would never sleep with a woman who wasn't freshly shaven/waxed, etc. It's just so... disgusting and... natural. If offered the opportunity, I would quickly refuse sex with a woman who had even the slightest hint of body hair below the neck.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Doesn’t bother me at all. When I was stationed in Germany I got used to women with the more “natural” look and discovered that it didn’t take away from their beauty. If my wife gets a little stubbly, I don’t mind that my face gets scratched.
Of course, heavy mustaches and beards are deal breakers!
Old 01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
It's a minor turn off. My last girlfriend didn't shave her legs, just trimmed the hair. So she wasn't stubbly, but her legs weren't hairless, either. It's not how I'd have chosen to style her body, but it's certainly not a big deal.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:07 PM
It's definitely a turn-off for me. I love the smooth feel when I run my hands along her legs. The stubbly feel is not nearly as sexy. It's not gonna make me kick her out of bed or anything, and obviously everyone is going to be stubbly sometimes. But it's more fun when she has recently shaved, and I'm more likely to go down on her.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys. It's comforting to see that a lot of guys aren't too bothered by it. I realize that means nothing with regards to my own boyfriend's tastes, but it's still nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudotriton ruber ruber
Like most things, this one matters only if it's a close call anyway. I've been with stubbly women and not cared a damn, even found it sexy, because I really enjoyed being with them overall, but when I haven't especially wanted to be with a women, even if she had the smoothest legs, it didn't make her a tiny bit more attractive to me. The last time I was with a women I found totally gorgeous (yes, it was this decade!) I couldn't keep my hands off her soft, close-shaven legs--that's practically my favorite memory of her, us sitting in bed and talking and me stroking her legs.

Now, thorns! That would be a turn-off.
One of my favorite things to do is lounge around with a fella and have my legs stroked, which is honestly the main reason I shave. I mean, yeah, I fret over whether he'd have a problem with it anyway, but it's especially for lounging leg strokes.

And what's wrong with thorns?
Old 01-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy Rugger
I would never sleep with a woman who wasn't freshly shaven/waxed, etc. It's just so... disgusting and... natural. If offered the opportunity, I would quickly refuse sex with a woman who had even the slightest hint of body hair below the neck.
If you're not kidding, then Darwin had your number, my friend.

As for myself, it don't bother me none. It's not half the turnoff that bad grammar is.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Ammoniac
If you're not kidding, then Darwin had your number, my friend.
Let's just say, under the heading "Looking for:" on my facebook profile, I checked the box "Whatever I can get."
Old 01-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieReynolds
I love the smooth feel when I run my hands along her legs. The stubbly feel is not nearly as sexy. It's not gonna make me kick her out of bed or anything, and obviously everyone is going to be stubbly sometimes. But it's more fun when she has recently shaved
Ditto.

Mmmm, legs... [/drool]
Old 01-04-2007, 05:13 PM
I would say it isn't a huge deal. It's never been something I thought about until I started dating Mrs. Small. Usually, when I was around a girl I was dating, she shaved. Mrs. Small did the same for the first bit, when I was living in Kentucky, but once we moved in, she and I talked about it. She only shaves every few days (and for her, that is enough) but she doesn't like to go longer because the longer hair bugs her. I understand that she doesn't want to shave everyday, as I don't want to shave everyday. I usually think it's nice if a girl is freshly shaven, but if it's been a few days, not a big deal at all...

Brendon
Old 01-04-2007, 05:15 PM
It's great! I get hot lovin', and I'm I doing my job right I get a great facial exfoliation at the same time.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erie774
When I was stationed in Germany I got used to women with the more “natural” look and discovered that it didn’t take away from their beauty.
I admit I was a bit put off when the waitress fraulein wearing a sleeveless shirt reached way out to place a platter of food on the table, and her armpits looked like Einstein having a bad hair day.

As for German hairy legs...I saw a couple of examples of hairy female legs enclosed in panty hose or stockings. Made for some pretty neat swirly patterns.

Amusing, but not attractive.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Stubble bothers me. Worse is leg hair under pantyhose (nobody wears stockings anymore, right?). But leg hair without pantyhose doesn't bother me at all. Neither do hairy pits.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
By the time I reach the point where it matters, a gorilla suit wouldn't much bother me.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:04 PM
I have to be honest, my wife does not shave often and I do not mind it at all. But I consider it a big turn on whenever she does shave her legs. I do not know why, but I love her freshly shaven legs.

Jim
Old 01-04-2007, 10:25 PM
There is a huge difference between stubble and not shaving at all, imo. I can imagine being turned off by stubble, but guys with issues with natural hair should grow up. Trimming, yes, that's good, but hair is just hair. But feeling hair and feeling prickly rough stubble is quite different.

I shave my legs whenever there is any chance that anyone will see them or feel them, because I get stubble by the second day. In the summer or when I am dating, I pretty much shave every day (except a lazy weekend or something). Single and wintertime, every few days at least. I would let it grow out completely but I do wear dressing and stockings in the wintertime.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't know how we got into the idealized status of shaved legs but unfortunately I like it. I think of women as smooth and sleek. It's getting worse because there appears to be a trend toward equatorial deforestation. I have to draw the line at the bikini's edge.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm a MAN here and I shave my legs. It does get stubble sometimes since my leg hair grows pretty fast. Does this bother anyone? Man or women, feel free to chime in. BTW, I'm perfectly straight as an arrow.

On a related topic, I bought a waxing kit and am thinking about the best way to use it. I realize that in order to use the waxing kit, your leg hair should be about 1 cm long so the wax can grab it. But, does this mean that there will always be a few days each month that I am hairy? I would like to be smooth all the time and having my legs hairy for even a few days in unacceptable.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I'd find it unusual to be with a man that shaved his legs. I prefer hairy guys, but I'd adapt.

I finally found my boyfriend and asked his opinion.

Me: Is it a problem if a gal hasn't shaved her legs?
Him: Kinda yeah. After awhile.

So it seems day-old stubble isn't too big a problem, as long as hairiness isn't a constant thing. Ah well, not a big deal I guess. I'll just take slightly longer showers and shave then.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmy Rugger
Need some help pulling that big ol' tongue outta that cheek?

I'm with the Pyg on this issue. I've often noticed girllegstubble either by physical or visual contact. Noticed it, made a mental note of it as in, "Gee, stubble." and never seemed to give a damn about it after that.

Ladies, no guy (who won't eventually drive you nuts with the rest of his OCD lifestyle) who spurns you is doing so because of leg hair/stubble. Might be because you're ugly or you smell bad or both, but if you are otherwise stoking his fire you could have snakes coming off...ok, maybe not snakes, that'd be weird...but some hair? No. It's gonna be something else turns him off.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilairen
My ex's brother's girlfriend once expressed great horror that his wife didn't shave her legs, and turned to him with an incredulous, "And you don't mind?"

He sort of stared at her in bafflement for a moment and then said, "Well, I don't shave mine either."
Bingo. Given that just about every last inch of me is covered in hair, I can't imagine the hypocricy necessary to insist that my wife shaved anything on a regular basis. To be fair, she'd like me to shave, but that's a different issue. I think...
Old 01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
It's one of those things where freshly shaven is sexy, but non-shaven isn't non-sexy. Not as nice, but not really worse.

Plus, I think it's kind of bizarre that half the population is expected to shave half of their bodies. Who the hell thought that up?!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure SF
It's one of those things where freshly shaven is sexy, but non-shaven isn't non-sexy. Not as nice, but not really worse.

Plus, I think it's kind of bizarre that half the population is expected to shave half of their bodies. Who the hell thought that up?!
Why men of course.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Hmm...at first glance, I thought the OP was seeking the opinions of manly men. *flex* *grunt*

Oh well, I'll chip in anyway. I do prefer smooth legs. In this, I was utterly spoiled by my dear ex-wife, who shaves every single day in all seasons.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Charter Member
Leg stubble bothers me. Never-been shaved female leg hairs do not bother me. Freshly-shaved no-stubble female legs are a significant improvement over leg stubble, but not really an improvement over never-been-shaved female leg hairs.

I don't know who they're doing it for but I sincerely hope none of them have ever done it thinking they were doing it for me. Just leave it be.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Either way, but not "in between"

i don't mind hairy and I don't mind smooth, but fer christ sake, don't give me sandpaper/prickly!"

regards

FML
Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Elephant Whisperer
I had forgotten all about leg hair on women. Thai women have none. Many Thai men, too.

But I'll tell ya something that IS disgusting, and that is: Skin-whitening creams. You may never have heard of them there in the West, but Western companies like Pond's and Nivea and others all sell and aggressively advertise skin-whitening creams to women in Thailand and other countries around the region. Lighter skin meaning you are wealthy enough to stay indoors and not have to work in the fields. Except this stuff NEVER works. The television ads always show a dark-skinned model becoming lighter in increments after using the product in question, but any fool can see it's done with makeup and trick lighting. We Westerners are constantly scratching our heads about this. I can imagine the protests these companies would have to endure if they ever introduced these products into Western markets, let alone advertised them there. It's really bizarre.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:37 AM
At my cousin's bachelor party, the strippers were shaved, and one had what can only be called: Pubic Five O'Clock shadow.
NOT attractive
Shaved= great
Hairy=great
5 o'clock shadow=ew eww eww
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Leg stubble? No, it doesn't bother me. Sleeping with a woman who has leg stubble who then insists on rasping her sandpaper legs all over me — well, let's just say that's a problem I'd like to have at this point, but I'd much rather have the problem of a woman with silky smooth legs doing the same thing.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
It's been said before on this thread, but for me it isn't a major turn off but freshly shaven legs are definitely a turn on. Mrs. Theater has great legs and I just love the way they feel when they're all silky smooth just after a shave and shower.
I will never, ever complain again when they get stubbly, however. About a year ago I made what I thought was a fairly innocent comment about how I wish she'd shave a little more often. This started a major argument that included a long and detailed explanation of how much she hates to shave her legs, how much extra time it takes in the shower, how hard it is to do it without getting nicked, etc. She then suggested that if I thought it was so important I should try shaving mine and stormed out of the room.
In an effort to make up to her by totally cracking her up, I actually got up early the following morning, got in the shower and shaved my extremely hairy legs until they were baby butt smooth (except for the 101 places that I cut myself in the process).
I paraded into the bedroom wearing just my boxers and announced myself. After she managed to get back up off the floor where she had fallen into a heap laughing she just looked at me and said "Told ya so". I promised to never hassle her about it again.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
You can get electric hair pullers that are a lot more effective than shaving.

They work like waxing without the wax

A g/f of mine called them 'Saders' after sadism.

As far as I am concerned, I am the only one who should have long black hairs on legs in the household. I don't mind blond leg hair (intrigueingly a lass I know bleaches hers, rather neat) but long black hairs or a 5 O'Clock stubble ... not ideal.

As for the equatorial bit, well let that get too long and it can be as painful as sand on a beach - ever cut cheese with a cheese wire ?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:34 AM
My husband hates stubble. So while I wax, I also shave every few days until he goes away long enough that I can grow it out for waxing. I'm not particularly hairy, it's just that waxing breaks a lot of hair before it can be ripped out by the roots. I'm more diligent about the "bikini area" IYKWIM.

I'm lucky enough to stay home with the kids while he works so if he wants my pubic hair dyed green and shaved into a heart, I'd be more than happy to oblige. His thinking I take the time for him is a lot more important than my laziness. And I AM lazy. If he was indifferent, I'd be a hairy, lazy beast.

I have no idea how women take so much time and get so many cuts when they shave their legs; I shave mine, ankle to hip, in about three minutes with no cuts. One wonders if the reason for all the trauma is a lack of expertise or a lack of will.