Old 02-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Camel's hump.

In Rush Hour, Lee says he's eating a dish called camel's hump. Is this a real dish?
Old 02-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Charter Member
I Googled "'camel hump' food" and found this in one second.

Braised Camel Hump

By the way, I think it's quite rare. I lived in Tianjin/Beijing for 2 years and never saw it.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I remember seeing some poor camel tied up on the Great Wall outside of Beijing, posing for tourist pictures.

I'm pretty sure I've had camel meat in Australia. It was ground up into hamburger meat. There are wild camel herds descended from pack animals used in the 1800's.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Charter Member
Dunno about camel hump, but when we were in Libya last year our guide told us that camel meat was a common food there. If the hump is edible, I don't see why it wouldn't be consumed as well.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I had camel hump at a restaurant in Bei Hai park in Beijing that was supposed to be a recreation of the last Empress' dining hall. my wife keeps saying we had "camel toe" when she describes it and I have not had the heart to explain to her why that is so wrong.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Camel isn't Kosher because of the configuration of it's foot, but is it Halal?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBlather
I had camel hump at a restaurant in Bei Hai park in Beijing that was supposed to be a recreation of the last Empress' dining hall. my wife keeps saying we had "camel toe" when she describes it and I have not had the heart to explain to her why that is so wrong.
Post some pictures of your wife and we can be the judge if she had camel toe.