Old 04-26-2007, 12:54 PM
BANNED
Skunkweed = good or bad weed?

I have always used this term to designate bad quality weed, but the other day I was watching an old Strangers WIth Candy where Jerri Blank seems to nod affirmingly at some good pot and says mmm..skunkweed. Of course Jerri is slow, but she should know her pot, and maybe that's the joke, but was wondering how others view the term. Cheers!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Answer: Good Weed.

And I thought this was a thread about skunk cabbage.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 PM
The general rule is: the stinkier the better.

skunks = stinky.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Skunky = good

The really bad stuff was usually referred to as Ditch Weed in these parts.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalhoun
Skunky = good

The really bad stuff was usually referred to as Ditch Weed in these parts.
We always called it dirty weed. As in, the good stuff is grown in hydroponics, the bad stuff is grown in dirt.

The weird thing is that it really does smell just like skunks. If you've ever smoked good pot, and if you've also ever driven past a place where a skunk sprayed....the smells are really uncannily alike.

~Tasha
Old 04-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Another vote for good weed. It was always understood to be a specific kind of good weed. Not every good weed is skunk. Only the stuff that smells like a skunk.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tashabot
We always called it dirty weed. As in, the good stuff is grown in hydroponics, the bad stuff is grown in dirt.
I know [ahem] a few people who may not completely agree with that. Yes, Hydro can be and often is good [from what I gather] but there are some equally very nice cloned stuff grown in mineral rich, black as the night sky, Dirt.

Now the Ditch weed Kalhoun is refering to is usually likened to being grown in a ditch or the side of a highway or road, there for we call it ditch weed, or more nicely put, Brown Frown, or schwag.

Last edited by Phlosphr; 04-26-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM
BANNED
Not long ago I, I mean a friend, got a real shitty batch that has this really overpowering sickly sweet smell- what the hell was that? You could literally smell it from 10 feet away. And do dishonest purveyors of shit weed have a method of making it least smell like some sort of decent weed?

Last edited by Wee Bairn; 04-26-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlosphr
I know [ahem] a few people who may not completely agree with that. Yes, Hydro can be and often is good [from what I gather] but there are some equally very nice cloned stuff grown in mineral rich, black as the night sky, Dirt.

Now the Ditch weed Kalhoun is refering to is usually likened to being grown in a ditch or the side of a highway or road, there for we call it ditch weed, or more nicely put, Brown Frown, or schwag.
The ex had a couple bushels of it back in the day. It was good in a pinch.

Mostly, people would use it to stretch their better pot.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Quote:
The ex had a couple bushels of it back in the day.
This morning?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu
This morning?
Prolly not. He's been dead for 12 years.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlosphr
Hydro can be and often is good [from what I gather]...
And what do you gather?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Ooop... gosh Kal, I'm sorry. Obviously I'd no idea.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu
Ooop... gosh Kal, I'm sorry. Obviously I'd no idea.
No problem, my friend! We're cool. (Way cooler than me and the ex were!)
Old 04-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Charter Member
Skunk weed = Good

Skunk beer = bad

And back in my pot smoke'n days you could actually FIND skunk weed for about $25 a 1/4 ounce! Easily. (As opposed to what? about $50 or more these days?)

We used to refer to our bad weed as "Dirt weed" or "Downtown brown".
Old 04-26-2007, 06:19 PM
A few years back I went up to my mom's for a visit...ran into an old friend who had the KILLER skunk (aka KGB). I procured a small amount for future ummm therapeutic purposes. I forgot it was in my pocket and as soon as I walked in Mom asked if I had hit a skunk or stepped in fresh dog doo...I quickly returned to my car, left the buds and told mom I must have stepped in a pile...jeesss..Mid 40's and still hiding my pot from my mom, LOL.

tsfr
Old 04-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSpaceForRent
Mid 40's and still hiding my pot from my mom, LOL.
I occasionally blow a doobie with my 78 year old dad. Ya gotta love it.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Weekends at my parents' house are amusing. You've got my mom, the red-haired cheerful office worker, dad, the cantankerous old guy, my husband, the middle-aged teenager, me, the young angry political activist, my sister, the young angry redhead, and my sister's boyfriend, the only one out of all of us who actually looks like a pothead.

When friends pop in it's quite amusing to see the looks on their faces.

~Tasha
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisSpaceForRent
Mid 40's and still hiding my pot from my mom, LOL.
And here I thought adulthood was when you stop hiding your pot from your folks and start hiding it from your kids!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Charter Member
Skunk weed is good weed that smells skunky. Bad weed is Nebraska No-High.

Weed that smells sweet may have been grown in a fruit orchard, according to a friend of mine.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
I thought skunkweed was good stuff and skankweed was bad stuff.

Not that I have any experience with any of that.

The stuff with the red threads in it was the best. Or so I've heard.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Ditch weed is a common term, and is used to denote low THC plants. There are species of the cannabis or hemp plant that grow wild, and they're usually roadside weeds, hence the name.

Skunk is now a generic term for quality weed, and can be applied to many different strains of marijuana (both indica and sativa), as it has been extensively crossbred.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNot
And here I thought adulthood was when you stop hiding your pot from your folks and start hiding it from your kids!
"The War at Home" (a sitcom) did a show about exactly this. And people say it's a shit show. Go figure.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Yep, my uncles are all over 65 live in Vermont, and all grow their own. I love it. All of them Philosopher's, nothing like sitting on a huge open porch, lakeside sharing the pipe weed talking about everythig and nothing at the same time. Give me a stick to whittle and a glass of iced tea. I'm in heaven...
Old 04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Here in central Ohio, skunk weed is just what it sounds like: pot that smells like a skunk. It can be either good or bad. Me, I don't like the smell/taste of any of it. Spicy/piney for me, thankyaverymuch!

Did I say ME?? I meant....um....my friend. Yeah, that's it. My friend.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Shouting Grasshopper
If someone told me that they had some of the aforementioned skunk, I would have high expectations.