Old 09-27-2007, 12:16 AM
NYC Dopers: Fastest way from Wall Street to Newark Airport?

I'm going to be on a tight schedule tomorrow. I have an afternoon appointment on Wall St., then I fly out of Newark Airport. Usually I just take a cab to the airport but I was wondering if it might be quicker (and less chance of a traffic jam at the Holland Tunnel) to take the PATH train to Newark, then take a cab.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Charter Member
Don't even need a cab. Take the PATH to Newark and there are shuttle buses going straight to the airport from the Newark PATH station.

Last edited by AHunter3; 09-27-2007 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Charter Member
If the building has a helipad, could you fly?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHunter3
Don't even need a cab. Take the PATH to Newark and there are shuttle buses going straight to the airport from the Newark PATH station.
Thanks. That helps a lot. It looked good on the web last night, wasn't sure about the reality part of it.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz
If the building has a helipad, could you fly?
Yes, but I'm not familliar with the building and it's not one of the taller ones, so I doubt it has a helipad. But I could if it did
Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Charter Member
You can also take PATH Train from World Trade Center to Newark Penn Station, take New Jersey Transit one stop to the Newark Airport Train Station, and take the monorail from there right to you terminal. Check the New Jersey Transit website for train schedules. You'll also likely be able to get a cab from Newark Penn as well.

Taking the PATH train from WTC to Newark Penn avoids the likely tunnel delays.

Good luck.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdo
You can also take PATH Train from World Trade Center to Newark Penn Station, take New Jersey Transit one stop to the Newark Airport Train Station, and take the monorail from there right to you terminal. Check the New Jersey Transit website for train schedules. You'll also likely be able to get a cab from Newark Penn as well.

Taking the PATH train from WTC to Newark Penn avoids the likely tunnel delays.

Good luck.
Is there a difference between taking PATH to Newark Path (seeAHunter3) and taking PATH to Newark Penn? If so, is either one better?
Old 09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan B
Is there a difference between taking PATH to Newark Path (seeAHunter3) and taking PATH to Newark Penn? If so, is either one better?
Totally the same animal.

========== PATH tracks

........................................PATH turnstile........

========== NJTransit and AmTrak tracks
Old 09-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Here's a helicopter service that might work. It looks as if the Downtown Manhattan Heliport is fairly close to Wall Street.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:06 PM
catapult?
Old 09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Practice!!!

No wait...that's from Wall Street to Carnegie Hall
Old 09-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xema
Here's a helicopter service that might work. It looks as if the Downtown Manhattan Heliport is fairly close to Wall Street.
Ten minutes, a departure every hour on the half hour, and a hundred bucks. Looks like it might be worth it.

Last edited by Sunspace; 09-27-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspace
Ten minutes, a departure every hour on the half hour, and a hundred bucks. Looks like it might be worth it.
I'll keep it in mind for the future, not much more than a cab, much cheaper than missing a flight or getting caught sneaking out early

Train to the train to the monorail worked very well! $9.25 total and about 55 minutes from WTC to American Airlines. Waiting to board right now. Thanks to all.