Old 11-04-2000, 03:13 PM
Charter Member
Hello everybody!

Does Dr. Nick have a discernable accent? To me, it sounds like a mix of eastern European and Latin American. Sort of like a Bulgarian who received their medical training in South America. Where's it sound like he's from to you?
Old 11-04-2000, 04:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Am I correct in assuming you refer to Dr. Nick Riviera of The Simpsons? His accent comes from Azaria. There is a site dedicated to him, but it doesn't seem to answer the question.
Old 11-04-2000, 04:49 PM
I always assumed Dr. Nick (Riviera) was filipino.
Old 11-04-2000, 06:01 PM
Charter Member
I always thought South American. Like he was one of those doctors you went to if you wanted to hide from people who were chasing you and needed to change your appearance (like when Moe had the plastic surgery)
Old 11-04-2000, 06:58 PM
BANNED
This question has been asked here befrore. Hank himself provided the answer on the Jay Leno show.

He said that Dr Nick is him doing a bad Ricky Ricardo impression.

I would reckon his is latino
Old 11-04-2000, 07:57 PM
I thought he just haa a generic foreign comedy accent
Old 11-04-2000, 09:47 PM
Charter Member
Thank you everybody!

I like the idea that he is a quasi Ricki Ricardo. I still think there is a mix of Eastern European in there, but whose to say.