Old 01-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Suspended
Why Wear Jodhpur pants?

Those funny pants with the wing-like projections at the thighs? What purpose does this serve? They seem to be favored by the horsey set-anybody know how these weird garments originated?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Charter Member
They are designed with tight calves to tuck into knee-high riding boots, and loose thighs that don't bind up when you're riding. The loose thighs look silly when you're walking around the country club sipping your gin and tonic, but they're comfortable when you're out on the polo ponies.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Why Wear Jodhpur pants?
Well, you wear em if you are Doc Savage, Man of Bronze.

http://paulcook-sci-fi.com/SouthPoleTerror.jpg
Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Because you paid $300 for them, and the sales lady repeatedly informed you that they were very flattering.

Well, that's the only reason I can see outside of attending a costume party or actually, you know, riding a horse.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:39 PM
People wear them outside of polo?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kythereia
People wear them outside of polo?
I have a book that shows jodhpurs worn by German pilots in WWII.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
They're also worn by Hollywood directors with ascots and monocles. And cigarette holders. And a megaphone. And a pencil moustache.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 AM
For fucks sake Ralph!

When she says does my bum look big in this?

Then its your cue to say yes ....but its only because you're wearing Jodphurs,all fat bitches look like they've got big fat arses when they're wearing them,mostly because they've got big fat arses.

I'm still only halfway through my diplomacy course,but I think that I'm getting there soon.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Because you want to show how very different you are?