Old 10-08-2008, 05:12 PM
"Weird Al" Yankovic on the economy- Whatever You Like

You can have whatever you like...as long as it's in within my budget. New official single from "Weird Al" Yankovic, satirizing the economic crisis and the hit single by T.I.. It's all about the Washingtons!

Also, an interesting interview/article from Wired about Al and his possible place as the father of modern Internet parody.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Hey, cool! Thanks for sharing!
After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbor was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Brilliant. He's still at the top of his game. Government cheese!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm doing the poor college student thing at the moment and this song describes my girlfriend and I.

Sad really.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Seriously. Has Wierd Al been watching me and taking notes?
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Is that a song parody, or an original? I'm going to guess parody, because the music is too bland and uninspired for an Al original.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah, it's a parody of T.I.
After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbor was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
One of my family's favorite recipies growing up was a concoction of my mom's called (creatively) "Stew Rice" consisting of, yes, Minute Rice and a can of Dinty Moore stew. I love this song with all my heart.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 PM
The parody rocks better than the actual song.

Weird Al rocks.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Rik View Post
Is that a song parody, or an original? I'm going to guess parody, because the music is too bland and uninspired for an Al original.
A parody curiously titled the same as the original- a "Weird Al" first.

"Whatever You Like" by "Weird Al" Yankovic
A Parody of
"Whatever You Like" by T.I.

Little bit confusing, but keeping the same title to deliver an exact opposite message is kinda a cool twist on Al's song parody formula.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks

But yeah, I'm done."
(El Goonish Shive)
Old 10-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley Ujest View Post
The parody rocks better than the actual song.
Al's parodies generally do.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 AM
I'll visit the hated iTunes store and buy it to support this experiment.