Old 01-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Did Linus ever name his blanket?

My daughter received a soft blanket that she has taken to carrying around the house, as well as sleeping with it.
"Daddy, I left Fluffy my blanket in the kitchen. Would you get it for me," she asked.
"OK Linus, I'll get it," I replied.
"Linus never named his blanket," she quipped.
This got me to thinking. I could have sworn he had, but could not be sure. My wife is in agreement with me, but cannot think of what it was. Wikipedia did not answer anything for me.
So I turn to the teaming millions.
Did Linus ever name his blanket?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Charter Member
I don't remember him ever doing so and I've read all of Peanuts from the beginning.

My memory is no longer a guarantee of much of anything, though.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:46 PM
As far as I can remember he didn't. He did make a sport jacket out of it once, though.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdwarning View Post
As far as I can remember he didn't. He did make a sport jacket out of it once, though.
Actually, Snoopy did that. And it was two sport jackets since he made a miniature one for Woodstock.

Last FM Library Thing
Old 01-06-2009, 12:08 AM
I have it on good authority that Linus named his blanket Prince Michael Jackson II.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:48 AM
Not up to 1966 he didn't. I haven't gotten the most recent box set yet.

--Cliffy
Old 01-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Charter Member
Linus never named his blanket. He was psychologically dependent on it, not weird.

Uhhh, no offense intended toward Young Mistress -jacob.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Linus referred to it as a "security blanket," but never actually named it.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Charter Member
Believe me, as a kid, I devoured the Peanuts cartoon books, if Linus ever named his blanket, I'd know.

He didn't.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobo85 View Post
Linus referred to it as a "security blanket," but never actually named it.
A phrase that crept into our lexicon. No, Linus was dependant, but not that dependant.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Xmas View Post
A phrase that crept into our lexicon. No, Linus was dependant, but not that dependant.
True. In fact, as the strip went on, you increasingly saw him without his blanket (although I think in one strip he revealed he had it folded into his coat pocket).

Last FM Library Thing
Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 PM
after further inspection, and the help found here, it is concluded that he did not name his blanket. Maybe I was thinking of the "Woobie" from Mr. Mom.
Thank you everyone.
-Jacob
Old 01-08-2009, 01:05 AM
BANNED
If your kid is naming her blanket that means she's ready for the next step, having a baby...

Ah I mean a kitty or puppy