Old 05-21-2009, 01:41 PM
What is a REAC inspection?

Just got a notice on my door that they'll be doing annual REAC inspections next week and that will include inspecting a number of apartments picked at random by the inspector. Google turns up a bunch of certification info to become a REAC inspector, but I didn't see any actual explanations of what it is. Anyone?
Old 05-21-2009, 03:00 PM
According to this... http://hud.gov/offices/reac/

The Real Estate Assessment Center's (REAC) mission is to provide and promote the effective use of accurate, timely and reliable information assessing the condition of HUD's portfolio; to provide information to help ensure safe, decent and affordable housing; and to restore the public trust by identifying fraud, abuse and waste of HUD resources.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Charter Member
Real Estate Assessment Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUD
Nearly 4 million American families live in rental housing that is owned, insured or subsidized by HUD. To ensure that these families have housing that is decent, safe, sanitary and in good repair. REAC conducts approximately 20,000 physical inspections on properties each year.
http://hud.gov/offices/reac/aboutreac.cfm

Last edited by Nametag; 05-21-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Shakes fist at dolphinboy
Old 05-21-2009, 03:16 PM
And suddenly it becomes apparent why they've made so many repairs to the parking lot in the past few weeks...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off