Old 01-04-2001, 12:17 AM
Charter Member
.....powdered parmesan cheese up your nose?
I mean, could it be harmful?

The reason I ask is, about 20 some odd years ago, I was at a drunken brawl of a frat party, and some guy laid out several lines of cheese, scraping in with a razor blade as if it were cocaine.There wasn't a flake of coke in the entire town, so this meatball does this and says "this will do". This seemed hillarious at the time

Then the s.o.b took a straw and snorted it up! Like 3 thick lines of it!

I didn't know who exactly he was, and haven't seen him since.

So what kind of damage could a weird stunt like that cause? Couldn't it have really damaged his lungs? Is he in the nursing home now suffering from emphacheesma.
Old 01-04-2001, 12:20 AM
What would happen?
You mean besides your stupidity becoming common knowledge and everyone laughing at you and telling this story to strangers years later?
I suppose that eventually it would drain down the back of your throat. But it COULD give you one hellacious sinus infection that I, for one, would NOT like to explain to my doctor.
Old 01-04-2001, 11:05 AM
Charter Member
One thing's sure. He's now a Green Bay Packers fan, and has one of those big triangular hats.
Old 01-04-2001, 11:52 AM
BANNED
Why don't you try it pk & get back to us?
Old 01-04-2001, 12:04 PM
Not Cheese but...

A Friend of mine (no it wasn't me!) snorted flour at a party I was at a few years back. Why he did this I don't know but he has been known to do a few weird things - one of those stick on transfer tatoos of a rocket on his manhood is another example that springs to mind. Anyway it didn't seem to do him any damage.
Old 01-04-2001, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by pkbites
So what kind of damage could a weird stunt like that cause? Couldn't it have really damaged his lungs? Is he in the nursing home now suffering from emphacheesma.
Probably not, but he's probably Darwinized himself in another macheesemo-justifying way.
Old 01-04-2001, 12:34 PM
I'll admit it...

I've not smorted Parmesan cheese, but I have snorted Pixy Stix. You know what I'm talking about: what Pete Abrams (of Sluggy Freelance) once called "the most concentrated form of free-based sugar known to man."

Lovely stuff. It burns your mucous membranes ever so slightly, and gives you an immediate sugar rush which sends one message to your brain:

"Why the FUCK did you do that?"

Needless to say, I've only done this once.

(And before you ask, no, I don't remember which flavor it was.)

LL
Old 01-04-2001, 12:36 PM
Some of my friends have snorted tequila... all have come out alive, even if slightly reeling.

Don't ask me why because I will not be able to respond. If you ask them, it's "for the experience".

*sighs*
Old 01-04-2001, 12:40 PM
As a small child, I once snorted salt. Talk about burning mucous membranes! Ok, maybe I did twice, but never again

I think it may have been due to dares, or triple dares, or. . .triple dog dares! I would not do it now.
Old 01-04-2001, 01:00 PM
There was a guy I knew in highschool that norted Pixy Stix in class one time, and then he asked the teacher if she wanted to try some. It was funny as hell.
Old 01-04-2001, 03:17 PM
Re: I'll admit it...

Quote:
Originally posted by LazarusLong42
I've not smorted Parmesan cheese, but I have snorted Pixy Stix. You know what I'm talking about: what Pete Abrams (of Sluggy Freelance) once called "the most concentrated form of free-based sugar known to man."

Lovely stuff. It burns your mucous membranes ever so slightly, and gives you an immediate sugar rush which sends one message to your brain:

"Why the FUCK did you do that?"

Needless to say, I've only done this once.

(And before you ask, no, I don't remember which flavor it was.)

LL
Ouch I've tried that too, with the orange flavored kind.

it burns...
Old 01-04-2001, 03:34 PM
However it doesn't burn as much as E. That experience we like to call flossing the ole brain with Barb Wire. I've grown rather fond of the feeling myself, strange duck that I am.

There are several questions that must be addressed for this or any other snortable substance.

1. What can the mucus membranes absorb. Can they absorb cheese?

2. What happens to the non-absorbed substances. We all know about PND from coke, with that lovely taste.

3. What causes the pain in snorting. Absorbing the substance, or the mere passage of the substance through the nose.

If we can answer these rationally and scientificly, we should have many of the answers.
Old 01-04-2001, 06:16 PM
Sort of along the same lines, Ernest Hemingway claimed to have invented a new way of drinking alcohol called "carboration" (like the carborator cars used to have).

You take straight liquor, toss shots in your mouth, slosh them around a lot, swallow, and then inhale the fumes in your mouth deeply. Apparently you get very drunk very fast on a small amount of alcohol.