Old 11-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Can helicopters fly upside down?

I know planes can manage it, but can a helicopter?
Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Some can, some can't.

The old UH-1 that I grew up with could not. The rotors were attached to the hub in such a way that if you turned it upside down Bad Things would happen. The UH-60 Blackhawk can and does fly just fine upside down.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 AM
It depends on what you mean by "upside down". I don't know that it would be physically possible for a helicopter to fly upside down with negative g, that is, with the force of gravity acting toward the top of the rotor system. However, there are a number of helicopters that can perform loops and rolls and such manoeuvres that included inverted flight but the g forces are maintained toward the bottom of the helicopter due to centrifugal forces.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Well, RC Helicopters can. The video starts out a little slow, but then it really...uh... takes off.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: handicap motorcycle gymnast cameltoe houston stip club brake midas swarthy skin salvador dali eyeball cephalexin smell tivo hack roamio gimli hobbit 4x4 board hookah vs bong fandango unsubscribe langan iq hope diamond security bona fides pronounce girls athletic cup determining scale nurses giving blowjobs oil on velvet meaning of fitz l-seven screaming begins again metal house duffy strode facebook heavy gases list choking on ice sunoco decals scene chewing bursting ganglion cyst christopher nance website bill adama pirate ship figurehead jersey undershirt wax tailor genre 2000 silver bullion american eagle coin in full color can you buy alcohol with a minor present best alcohol to add to eggnog excel replace formula with value automatically screw extractor for tiny screws how to make wet dreams happen alcohol content vanilla extract chewing food on one side of your mouth does the godfather have subtitles for italian parts how to remove old toilet seat no reflexes in knees why do cats flop on their backs do bomb suits work quitting job after first day 24 things trump does better were the puritans puritanical step on my foot how to replace smoke detector battery on high ceiling men in black test scene product similar to proactive what did the tin man want cancel nytimes subscription online wrong height on drivers license can you grow beans from dried beans will home depot cut plywood for you american muscle vs ricer how many advils to take headache after being in the sun flight attendant message boards why am i craving tomatoes pain in nose when breathing freddy mercury long hair oly oly oxen free meaning