Old 10-01-2011, 10:19 PM
My neighbors are naked

And they don't know that I can see them.

The neighbors are new renters who are sitting in their hot tub on their back deck. I'm pretty sure they don't know that I can see them from my porch. They have a privacy fence and trees, and due to the way the houses are built on the side of a hill have probably not considered that the neighbor up the hill from them can see over everything.

So...should I tell them? Not now, of course. In the morning when everyone is wearing clothes.

The view is nice, I'm not upset or offended. One of the men has an amazing package and a very nice butt.

I'm thinking that I shouldn't tell them and just enjoy the view.

What thinks you folks?
Old 10-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Charter Member
Neighbors with benefits!
Old 10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Behavioral Darwinism. If they figure out that their neighbors can see into their backyard, they'll adjust their behavior so they aren't nakedly exposed to neighboring eyes. Otherwise, just enjoy the "natural selection." I mean, don't break out the binoculars or telephoto lens or anything...
Old 10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
Go outside and light your grill. Look over nonchalantly and wave at them, then go on about your business. They'll either get the message, or they're exhibitionists.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 PM
BANNED
Who the Hell Carls? Not your business. IMO. If they have an IQ over 50, they know exactly what's going on. Put up a higher fence, Is MHO.
'ETA also go grill some impressive Gruebenschnitzen, and ask if fifteen is their limit/

And also ETA ask them if they want to come screw your little doggie, the one that died crossin' the street

Last edited by Jaledin; 10-01-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Charter Member
They probably already know, and they don't care.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaledin View Post
Who the Hell Carls?
This is going to be my catchphrase on the sitcom of my life.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Charter Member
At first I thought it said 'Who the Hell Hot Carls?'
Old 10-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlined View Post
? Not now, of course. In the morning when everyone is wearing clothes.

The view is nice, I'm not upset or offended. One of the men has an amazing package and a very nice butt.
Wait, till then I was picturing a (presumably straight) couple, now there seems to be several guys naked in the tub at the same time?
Old 10-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I Carl.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Zombie View Post
Wait, till then I was picturing a (presumably straight) couple, now there seems to be several guys naked in the tub at the same time?
And their names are Carl.
Old 10-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
The butcher-- he brings the nice meat to events like this. The baker-- no party would be the same without his hot buns. The candlestick maker-- he's just there to dip his wick.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:15 AM
BANNED
nm(had todo it)

Last edited by Jaledin; 10-02-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Charter Member
Rename your wifi to ICUnakedhottub?

If you don't think they'd be upset if they found out later that they'd been seen, and if you don't mind seeing them, no need to say anything.

Shining a laser pointer on them would be rude, right?
Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
So go introduce yourself to them, maybe they'll invite you to join them!
(And if all else fails, invite yourself to join them!)

Last edited by Senegoid; 10-02-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
The butcher-- he brings the nice meat to events like this. The baker-- no party would be the same without his hot buns. The candlestick maker-- he's just there to dip his wick.
I so laughed at this.

Yes, I do have a Renn Faire sense of humor, what can I say?

To Jaledin, I see no reason that I should pay money to put up a higher fence because the neighbors don't know that I can see their porch. I'm really not offended by anything that is happening down there. I was just asking if I should tell them that I can see them.

Capitaine Zombie, they seem to be a traditonal couple. Both of them moving their stuff in together, they share their cars and put their trash out together in the same bin. They weren't having wild sex with mormans or anything.

The Carls (and yes, I'm going to use this irl) seem to be nice neighbors. I don't want to upset people, but hey, one of them is really hawt and worth looking at.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Moderator Note - Jaledin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaledin View Post
And also ETA ask them if they want to come screw your little doggie, the one that died crossin' the street
I don't know what your issue is with the OP, but don't bring it up in this forum again.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Capitaine Zombie, they seem to be a traditonal couple. Both of them moving their stuff in together, they share their cars and put their trash out together in the same bin. They weren't having wild sex with mormans or anything.
Too bad. But why did you say "One of the men" then..., implying there were several men? Which would be odd for a "traditional couple".

ETA: btw, flatlined, I dont know if you're a gal or a guy, butI just want to add, in the name of all Malekind, that an amazing package in rest mode is just promises. Not that I'm jealous at all here. Cause Im' certainly not. Of guys with great packages and amazing butts. I really really couldnt care less. It's not like my ETA is longer than my actual post. So, it proves my serenity over such matters.

Last edited by Capitaine Zombie; 10-02-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Spectre, I thought that Jaledins response was odd as well. I'm a crazy cat lady, I don't have dogs and I've never interacted with Jaledin before. Thank you for the good moderation.

For the people who are reading this thread, I spend a lot of time outside. I see things that people probably think are private. I pay attention to what is happening around me.

I was only asking for opinions about telling someone that I could see his partner naked. In my eyes, its like asking if I should tell someone that his favorite pants are transparent in the strong sunlight.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:30 AM
This thread is useless without pics.

No, I would not tell them. The most I might do would be to bang around on my patio and make some noise to draw their attention to the fact that hey, if I can see that guy up there, maybe he can see us...

Otherwise, just enjoy the view. Although I will agree with Capitaine Zombie that a package at rest don't say nothin' about whether you've got a grower or a shower there.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Charter Member
Two guys in a tub. Next thing you know one wakes up and one is dead.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:42 AM
laser pointer
Old 10-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Flatlined, when I let you borrow my binoculars, it wasn't for this.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Cite for pix?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:37 AM
Charter Member
Never mind him- is she a good sort?

Carl.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AskNott View Post
They probably already know, and they don't care.
Are they masturbating like motherfucks and/or loudly proclaiming this fact?

'Cause that would be the tipoff for me.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Charter Member
flatlined--now, how tall is the box you are standing on to see this, again?

Old 10-02-2011, 07:32 AM
(In your opinion.) Does it look like you're the only one, that could possibly see this? If they're assuming that no one else can see their <ahem> 'activities', then it's reasonable to assume that they think they're hidden from casual view. Maybe they just didn't fully observe all of the different "lines of sight" that were possible. (Then again, maybe they did!)
Old 10-02-2011, 08:41 AM
If you feel the need to let them know, you could invite them over and show them your yard, which includes the view. Hopefully they catch on.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDivmstr View Post
(In your opinion.) Does it look like you're the only one, that could possibly see this? If they're assuming that no one else can see their <ahem> 'activities', then it's reasonable to assume that they think they're hidden from casual view. Maybe they just didn't fully observe all of the different "lines of sight" that were possible. (Then again, maybe they did!)
That's the vibe I got from the OP. It appears to her that they are trying to be private but just failing due to someone being overly observant.

I also would say that, if I, as a guy, did this, I would be considered a horrible pervert. Even if they want to expose themselves, the fact that I'm watching in secret would be enough for most people. And I heavily dislike different standards for men and women.

So while I don't care whether you tell or not, if you don't. I would say you should stop watching. If you want to keep watching, then come up with some way to let them know, even if it's less direct than flat out telling them.

Here's one idea: In casual conversation at some point, talk about that their deck looks really neat, thus indicating you can see it. (If they don't get it, mention seeing happening to notice you can see it from your front porch.) It sounds like you have enough of an acquaintanceship to pull that off.

Last edited by BigT; 10-02-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:48 PM
They didn't have any idea that I could see them. It was really cute.

This morning, I noticed that the not so amazing, but still very nice, Carl was out working in their yard. I ambled down the street and struck up a conversation with him. We discussed what he was doing, the work I need to do on my roses, how nice their deck looks with the plant racks by the hot tub. He was telling me that he thinks the steam from the hot tub really helps the plants when he suddenly got it.

He stopped talking, looked at his deck, looked up at my house and blushed. I told him that in the future, when I saw the tub lights on that I'd smoke on my front deck. He asked if he could come up and look off my back deck and I agreed. He called in the door to the amazing Carl and they both came up to my place. When the amazing Carl looked down at their deck from mine, he blushed as well.

They are doing something with shade cloth and 2X4s now. I'm guessing that the "neighbor's with benefits" thing is going away. Once they are finished, I'll invite them back up to look down at their work.

Just to add to the fun, my crazy neighbor came out to give us the glare of death and they both smiled and waved at her and wished her a wonderful day. She went inside and slammed the door.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Charter Member
Oh, so you let them in on that too?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
They didn't have any idea that I could see them. It was really cute.

This morning, I noticed that the not so amazing, but still very nice, Carl was out working in their yard. I ambled down the street and struck up a conversation with him. We discussed what he was doing, the work I need to do on my roses, how nice their deck looks with the plant racks by the hot tub. He was telling me that he thinks the steam from the hot tub really helps the plants when he suddenly got it.

He stopped talking, looked at his deck, looked up at my house and blushed. I told him that in the future, when I saw the tub lights on that I'd smoke on my front deck. He asked if he could come up and look off my back deck and I agreed. He called in the door to the amazing Carl and they both came up to my place. When the amazing Carl looked down at their deck from mine, he blushed as well.

They are doing something with shade cloth and 2X4s now. I'm guessing that the "neighbor's with benefits" thing is going away. Once they are finished, I'll invite them back up to look down at their work.

Just to add to the fun, my crazy neighbor came out to give us the glare of death and they both smiled and waved at her and wished her a wonderful day. She went inside and slammed the door.
Nicely done, flatlined!
You go, girlfriend! <said with a finger snap / wave>
Old 10-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I hate it when a story ends and I still am totally confused as to the plot or the characters.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
I hate it when a story ends and I still am totally confused as to the plot or the characters.
I thought that was normal when the plot centres around naked people?
Old 10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Am I a bad person in that, if there were attractive ladies having naked hot tub time and I could see, I wouldn't tell a damn soul?

Old 10-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysto View Post
I thought that was normal when the plot centres around naked people?
Nice

But I still dont understand why is there a Carl couple. I still cant figure out if flatlined was talking about a gay couple all along, or a straight one but with several men in it.

Last edited by Capitaine Zombie; 10-02-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:44 PM
"Superstar"
I assume a gay couple, as in the OP she refers to "one of the men" and has only referred to two people at all in the (very entertaining) story.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Quote:
they seem to be a traditonal couple.
The definition of "traditional couple" has shifted a lot then.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:59 PM
"Superstar"
Yes, that threw me for a bit of a loop, but contextually, gay couple made most sense. Traditional may mean here not nudists or exhibitionists etc.

Last edited by IvoryTowerDenizen; 10-02-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Is Carl the name of one of the guys or a verb or what? I'm confused.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian Slit View Post
Is Carl the name of one of the guys or a verb or what? I'm confused.
Check post #5.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I noticed that post. That's why I'm confused. "Who the hell Carls" makes it sound like it's a verb, but then later on the OP refers to one of the neighbors as Carl. But he never mentioned a Carl in the OP so how would the poster in post 5 know his name was Carl?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
My life has no plot, but lots of characters

tl/dr version: flatlined goes out on her back deck to smoke. She hears the neighbors splashing in their hot tub, looks and gets some eye candy. She then posts here and gets suggestions from the smartest people in the world. She uses some of the advice and now the neighbors are busy fixing the problem.

(confession here: When you were saying "traditional couple" I thought you were talking about the difference between committed couples and swinging couples. It wasn't until this morning that I realized that I was confusing you because they are both men )

I'm thinking that the Carls aren't from around here. Shade cloth will only last about 3 months and what they are doing involves climbing on their roof and lots of moving ladders around. Even if the shade cloth doesn't fall apart from our intense sun, the wind is going to destroy it.

I'm not going back down there to tell them that I think they are wasting time and money, though. They will figure it out in a few months.

The Vorlon I didn't tell them to wave to CNL. I only told the teenagers across the street. Thats why I was so entertained to see the Carls do it.

The teenagers are doing much better backing out of their driveway now, btw. They haven't gotten stuck in my culvert since I last posted about it. No new dents in their truck and I think they have gotten the clutch figured out.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
"Superstar"
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that post. That's why I'm confused. "Who the hell Carls" makes it sound like it's a verb, but then later on the OP refers to one of the neighbors as Carl. But he never mentioned a Carl in the OP so how would the poster in post 5 know his name was Carl?
It was a typo that became a joke. (Carls=cares in post 5)

Last edited by IvoryTowerDenizen; 10-02-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Ah, thanks. I kept reading "Carls" as some weird lingo, like to voyeuristically stare at your neighbors.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:18 PM
"Superstar"
Quote:
Ah, thanks. I kept reading "Carls" as some weird lingo, like to voyeuristically stare at your neighbors.
Well, that's what it means now! . You started an Internet thing!

Last edited by IvoryTowerDenizen; 10-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Hey, that's what I had written (adding the underline):

Quote:
And you responded with:

Quote:
Capitaine Zombie, they seem to be a traditonal couple.
Hard to understand from this that they are gay. Ok, cool, you cleared it all up for me. Sorry but I can really go on AR mode when someone starts telling me a story, and then ends it but leave me in total confusion over what happened (especially when there's nakedness and hot tubs involved).
Old 10-02-2011, 06:27 PM
nm

Last edited by flatlined; 10-02-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: double post, sorry
Old 10-02-2011, 06:28 PM
"Superstar"
Ah, not swingers. She knew it was two gay guys, so when you asked if there were more men (thinking it was a guy-girl couple to start) she replied traditional (that the gay couple wouldn't be all nekkid with more guys).

Whee!