Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
#1
Old 04-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
Have you ever really KNOWN a crackhead?

The question is pretty straightforward. Crack is a drug everyone has heard of and everyone knows about; to some extent. It's a drug that is well-known for it's devastating effects on the user and many cliches and stereotypes abound today when the word "crackhead" is used. But, for most people, very little (if anything) is known about just how this drug affects those who use it, as well as the lifestyle that is part and parcel of the addiction.

I have been away from the board for quite a while. In that time, I learned that someone I had known for more than three years was in fact addicted to crack cocaine. This was someone who I previously thought was "only" struggling with a heroin addiction. If I only knew just how much that heroin addiction paled in comparison to the unmitigated evil that is crack addiction.

There is drug addiction and then there is crack addiction. Crack is a unique drug. I thought I knew a whole lot about drugs and what goes on in the drug culture-but I was blown away when I began to peer below the surface and research this drug. I knew NOTHING about crack. And I bet most here don't either.

Crack is cocaine but it's more pure and because it's smoked it hits the brain much more quickly than powdered coke. When a person takes that first hit, they are immediately engulfed in the most intense, pleasurable, orgasmic wave that has ever been experienced. And it only lasts five minutes. The combination of the intensity of the high with the short duration is what makes crack crack. The user is quickly left just wanting more, and then more and more...

The long-term recovery rate for crack addiction (being 15+years) is 3 %. That is lower than any other drug. And it's because of the lifestyle/drug combination. Crack and sex are inseparable. Not only is sex a primary payment method for many addicts, but sex itself is the main activity taking place when users smoke. The high makes them hypersexual and horny; they lose all inhibitions and will have sex with anybody. So a big part of the reason treatment fails is it is only treating half the addiction: crack addicts are often suffering dual addictions-drug addiction and sex addiction.

And crackheads are not all like the toothless whore with scabs on her lips giving blowjobs for $5 on the corner. I was fooled for three years. And this person's family was fooled to. I was the bearer of bad news to the family. It wasn't fun. If a crackhead has someone to leech off of, someone who is taking care of them, they can keep up the appearance of normalcy for quite some time. And crackheads are very good manipulators and exceptional liars; they have to be because absolutely every single word out of a crackhead's mouth is a lie.

Now this was not someone I was particularly close to, but it still was an unbelievably sad experience for me. However, what I have learned about the world has been a remarkable thing. Life is a humbling experience.


http://crackreality.com/discussi...d248d305371b1d

That link is for anyone who would like to read more about the life. Just from an academic point of view, it's fascinating stuff. In a dark way.
#2
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Yes, I have. And scabs are usually correlated with opiates.
#3
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 26,908
Yes, I have known a few of them although they aren't all stereotypical. One was a black guy a worked with in high school. He and his girlfriend turned up missing for some time. Both of them were eventually found. He killed her and then fled and is doing life for it.

Another was a very imposing black lady. She was a true crack whore at many points by any definition of the word. She somehow got her act cleaned up enough to go to college and become a motivational speaker on drug issues. She is very persuasive and talented.

Another one is a 50 something white upper-midldle class guy. He lost his family and his CFO job when he got busted for buying crack in the projects and it made the news. I don't know how he is doing these days but he was a true crackhead and didn't fit the profile at all.
#4
Old 04-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
I think that "crackhead" implies addiction when, despite the highly addictive nature of the drug, use is not abuse is not dependence/addiction.
#5
Old 04-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Yes, I have. And scabs are usually correlated with opiates.
Not really. Crackheads burn their lips on the pipe, causing scabs. Cokeheads and crystal meth users both pick at their skin, causing scabs. And yes, I have known a couple of crackheads. They would sell their grandmother into white slavery for 20 bucks.

Last edited by Alice The Goon; 04-30-2012 at 10:11 PM.
#6
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TX
Posts: 13,386
Professionally, yes, lots. Lots and lots and lots.
#7
Old 04-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Huh. Weird--I don't think I've ever seen lip burns. Only the face picking of opiate users...but true re meth.
#8
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,566
Okay cool, so living_in_hell is apparently our resident expert on the physical cues and symptoms of someone being addicted to crack. If I knew any crackheads this would be good to know.

He also seems to be an expert in the usage of the term crackhead, so I hope I'm using it correctly.
#9
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covered_In_Bees! View Post
Okay cool, so living_in_hell is apparently our resident expert on the physical cues and symptoms of someone being addicted to crack. If I knew any crackheads this would be good to know.

He also seems to be an expert in the usage of the term crackhead, so I hope I'm using it correctly.

You're being sarcastic, right? Because everything he has said about crackheads is wrong (okay, both things). Including that use does not mean addiction. It's pretty commonly known that crack can be devastatingly addicting with just one use- if you're using it regularly, you are surely a crackhead.

Last edited by Alice The Goon; 04-30-2012 at 10:31 PM.
#10
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Huh. Weird--I don't think I've ever seen lip burns. Only the face picking of opiate users...but true re meth.
You are a shining example of the ignorance out there regarding this drug. You know nothing.
#11
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 37,221
I knew some crackheads. There were telltale signs:

A. Smoking crack
B. Getting arrested and convicted for possession of crack cocaine
C. Getting out of jail after being convicted of possesion of crack cocaine and smoking crack again.
#12
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
I live in Tucson, Arizona, where there's a crackhead on every corner. I can spot one from a half mile away. I detest them.
#13
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 7,532
The little girl who lived across the street from us grew up to be a crack whore. We moved in when she was 8 yrs old. We've lived here 17 yrs. About 5 years ago, I realized I never saw her around. I saw the other kids from time to time. Two had moved out, but this girl and her youngest sister still lived at home. Then one day she was back home and had a baby. Her mom seemed pretty excited about a grandbaby and was showing her off.

After a while, I didn't see the girl anymore, but I still saw the baby. About a year or so went by. Then one day I saw her mom out with the sister and the baby. She told me she and her husband were getting ready to go to court to have her daughter's parental rights terminated and get full custody of the baby. Up until this point I didn't really know what was going on, so I asked and the mom replied, "She's a crack whore and she only wants the baby when she thinks it will help her get money." She went on far longer and in far more detail than I ever needed to know, but she seemed like once she started talking she couldn't stop. I felt so awful for her. The older two were having careers and buying homes and stuff, the youngest was doing well in high school. She was just like, "I guess 3 for 4 isn't that bad, is it?" I could tell she was angry and in pain. I didn't know what to say.
#14
Old 04-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
You are a shining example of the ignorance out there regarding this drug. You know nothing.
I am pretty sure that just because I've never seen lip burns doesn't mean I know nothing. Perhaps you could communicate in a way that doesn't belong in the pit.
#15
Old 04-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice The Goon View Post
I live in Tucson, Arizona, where there's a crackhead on every corner. I can spot one from a half mile away. I detest them.
That's pretty harsh, Alice. You're speaking in a general and hateful way about a group of people who struggle with a powerful disease.
#16
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon8404 View Post
The little girl who lived across the street from us grew up to be a crack whore. We moved in when she was 8 yrs old. We've lived here 17 yrs. About 5 years ago, I realized I never saw her around. I saw the other kids from time to time. Two had moved out, but this girl and her youngest sister still lived at home. Then one day she was back home and had a baby. Her mom seemed pretty excited about a grandbaby and was showing her off.

After a while, I didn't see the girl anymore, but I still saw the baby. About a year or so went by. Then one day I saw her mom out with the sister and the baby. She told me she and her husband were getting ready to go to court to have her daughter's parental rights terminated and get full custody of the baby. Up until this point I didn't really know what was going on, so I asked and the mom replied, "She's a crack whore and she only wants the baby when she thinks it will help her get money." She went on far longer and in far more detail than I ever needed to know, but she seemed like once she started talking she couldn't stop. I felt so awful for her. The older two were having careers and buying homes and stuff, the youngest was doing well in high school. She was just like, "I guess 3 for 4 isn't that bad, is it?" I could tell she was angry and in pain. I didn't know what to say.
Maybe you could start by not saying things like "crack whore"? She is a human being.
#17
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
That's pretty harsh, Alice. You're speaking in a general and hateful way about a group of people who struggle with a powerful disease.
I don't give a fuck. I've had them knock on my door at 10 pm wanting to sell broken VCRs and at midnight wanting to sell me used movies. I've had one kick my car off a jack in the driveway when I went to get the tire patched, because I wouldn't buy their shit. I've had them test my doorknob in the middle of the night to see if it might be unlocked. I've had them offer my teenaged sons hits off their pipes for money. I've had one throw a rock through my boyfriend's window when I was spending the night. I've heard so many sob stories about broken down cars and babies not having food, could I just spare a few bucks? Shit gets old. I don't know where you live- Nebraska? But crackheads can be dangerous and real assholes, and I'm the sole protector of my family. You're damn right I detest them.
#18
Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Maybe you could start by not saying things like "crack whore"? She is a human being.
Is chickenhead better?
#19
Old 04-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
No, Im asking if you've known them personally, known them as friends or family. Because it is only then that you can truly understand this drug and how it changes a person. It sucks every single ounce of humanity out of the person. It's difficult to communicate the magnitude of this concept but a person who smokes crack is gone-that's it. Sure, there are exceptions (and I have theories about that) but by and large those who develop a crack habit are forever lost. And to witness it before your very eyes, it is disturbing.

And the thing that is difficult to understand, at least one of the things, is that crackheads enjoy this life; a life of filth and depravity. It's where they can be free and unfeeling. Sure, when they are 'down' they are consumed with shame, guilt and crashing depression thinking about the things that they did to get the crack and the things that went on while high; all that does is fuel their motivation to find more crack to alleviate the pain.

And it was only after I realized this friend had a crack addiction did I piece together the truth that she was using heroin in order to make these "down times" more bearable and easier. I come to find out this is not uncommon among crack addicts.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 04-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.
#20
Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
I will concede that I may have misspoken earlier when I said that they'd sell their grandmother into white slavery for 20 bucks- I believe they might take 5. And yes, I have personally known a couple of them, although obviously, we weren't close.

Last edited by Alice The Goon; 04-30-2012 at 10:53 PM.
#21
Old 04-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Wow. Just wow.
#22
Old 04-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Guest
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Anyone But Obama Country
Posts: 2,349
Yes I have. I didn't know it at first but I eventually put two and two together by listening to her on her cell phone late at night (she always talked outside on her front porch; she was my next door neighbor).

Unfortunately I didn't put two and two together BEFORE she broke into my house while I was at church and made off with a ton of our DVDs and part of MrPanda's sword collection and also some of his tools. (Stupid me had invited her to go to church with me - just a low key Friday night ladies thing - she said yes, then when it was time to go was nowhere to be found ... she knew the house would be empty and made her move while I was gone.)

I get mad at myself just thinking about it. I should have known.

Last edited by PandaBear77; 04-30-2012 at 10:58 PM.
#23
Old 04-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
..

Last edited by Ambivalid; 04-30-2012 at 11:00 PM.
#24
Old 04-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Maybe you could start by not saying things like "crack whore"? She is a human being.
You absolutely know nothing about this topic. That's just the thing; She's not human. Not any more. She is a crack whore. Nothing more, nothing le...
#25
Old 04-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
You absolutely know nothing about this topic. That's just the thing; She's not human. Not any more. She is a crack whore. Nothing more, nothing le...
Wow.
#26
Old 04-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
You absolutely know nothing about this topic. That's just the thing; She's not human. Not any more. She is a crack whore. Nothing more, nothing le...
True- they are subhuman. I associate them with those darkseekers in the movie I Am Legend- soulless, seeking, creepy.

I've lived in this city for 16 years. Yeah, I'm a little bitter.

Wait til one of them's after your kid, your stuff, your livelihood. You'll change your tune.

Last edited by Alice The Goon; 04-30-2012 at 11:06 PM.
#27
Old 04-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Yikes. Well, I will leave you two to your very strong feelings.
#28
Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 26,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Yikes. Well, I will leave you two to your very strong feelings.
Not just those two. Most people that have known crackheads and other addicts of drugs like heroin feel the same way and justifiably so. They were once real people and there is a remote chance that they will be again someday but you are basically fighting the zombie wars while they are addicted. I have no idea why somebody would think otherwise. They are not their former selves and shouldn't be treated as such.

Crack whore is a very apt term BTW. What else do you call someone who stands by the street to give $10 blow jobs solely to buy the next crack rock? The reformed lady that I described earlier is one of the most imposing people I ever met and she freely described her former self that way.
#29
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: rhode island
Posts: 37,221
I've known several crackheads, a couple of them pretty well. They were a group of people who tried it, and unlike most others, kept using it. Some of them after jail or rehab, stopped. Not totally right away, I knew they were still doing it, but it didn't consume their lives anymore. I haven't seen them for some time now, so any or all of them could have flushed their lives down the toilet by now. The rest never stopped unless they were in jail or rehab, and then jumped right back in the gutter again when they got out.

They were not sub-human, or non-human, and they didn't really have a disease by my definition. They were just addicts, and addicted to an insidious mind and soul warping drug. In every case they were from the beginning on the fringe of society. Problems with the law, school, family, minimal job skills, living on the edge of disaster, all before they turned their brains to mush with crack. The only difference I saw between them and the coke heads was the coke heads had money, and a sympathetic support structure after they got out of rehab.

Last edited by TriPolar; 04-30-2012 at 11:26 PM.
#30
Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagnasty View Post
Not just those two. Most people that have known crackheads and other addicts of drugs like heroin feel the same way and justifiably so. They were once real people and there is a remote chance that they will be again someday but you are basically fighting the zombie wars while they are addicted. I have no idea why somebody would think otherwise. They are not their former selves and shouldn't be treated as such.

Crack whore is a very apt term BTW. What else do you call someone who stands by the street to give $10 blow jobs solely to buy the next crack rock? The reformed lady that I described earlier is one of the most imposing people I ever met and she freely described her former self that way.
I know people who have struggled with this addiction. Many people. We can agree to disagree that everyone deserves to be treated as a human being, regardless of their character flaws.
#31
Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
You are a shining example of the ignorance out there regarding this drug. You know nothing.
No shit I have known tons of opiate addicts and not one had ever had facial sores or picked their face, they sometimes had track marks and healed abscesses if they were a IV user but not facial sores.
#32
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice The Goon View Post
Wait til one of them's after your kid, your stuff, your livelihood. You'll change your tune.
Your kid is made out of crack? Interesting......

I knew a guy who said he was always depressed as long as he could remember, had tried all sorts of recreational drugs and one day he tried meth and wow he said it was like the depression lifted and he could now think normally and live like a human being. He managed to convince a psychiatrist to RX him some variety of amphetamine(I don't know if he told the truth or not) and was taking it daily and said it was a godsend as it finally let him live life not in a depressed shell.

I sometimes wonder how many coke, meth, and crackheads could live a decent life if they were only medicated instead of having to chase down street drugs and get put in cages.
#33
Old 04-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
My son takes Adderall- generic name amphetamine. It's now being used not only for AD(H)D, but to treat depression, as well, in some.
#34
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
@grude:

Jesus. I'm not a total idiot. I'm just sharing my experiences. Just because I don't know everything doesn't mean I don't know something.

Far be it from me to point out the chemical similarities between cocaine and Ritalin...for that diagnosis of "ADD" which doesn't even exist. Oh whoops I'm stoopit an don kno nuttin.

Last edited by living_in_hell; 04-30-2012 at 11:53 PM.
#35
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
@grude:

Jesus. I'm not a total idiot. I'm just sharing my experiences. Just because I don't know everything doesn't mean I don't know something.

Far be it from me to point out the chemical similarities between cocaine and Ritalin...for that diagnosis of "ADD" which doesn't even exist. Oh whoops I'm stoopit an don kno nuttin.
Don't start. I live with a boy with severe ADD that affects him to an extreme. Do not start.
#36
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Do not start with what? Oh! Are you talking about me saying ADD doesn't exist? It doesnt. According to the DSMIVTR it's all ADHD.

Last edited by living_in_hell; 05-01-2012 at 12:18 AM.
#37
Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
You've become tiresome.
#38
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 AM
BANNED
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 4,331
FTB

Last edited by MPB in Salt Lake; 05-01-2012 at 12:24 AM.
#39
Old 05-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Huh? Because I corrected the language to proper diagnostic terminology? Hey don't hate the player, hate the game..."inadequate personality disorder" used to be a formal diagnosis too.

Go get some sleep Alice. Life's too short to get so angry at an Internet stranger.
#40
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB in Salt Lake View Post
Is that the same son who you were asking Dopers for advice on the best way to have him declared a Ward of the State, so you wouldn't have to care for him any longer?
Holy crap! Really?!

That makes me sad.

This thread makes me sad. Everybody struggles with something and someone. I wish people would remember that.

Last edited by living_in_hell; 05-01-2012 at 12:28 AM.
#41
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB in Salt Lake View Post
Is that the same son who you were asking Dopers for advice on the best way to have him declared a Ward of the State, so you wouldn't have to care for him any longer?
No, actually. I was considering entering him into a group home because of the depression and violent behaviors that he was suffering at the time. I also stated quite openly that I had decided not to pursue that, and to keep him at home. (And yes, he's much better now and doing well, thanks for asking.) Why throw that up in my face now? What's your point?
#42
Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 18,978
Alice is fine.
#43
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Huh? Because I corrected the language to proper diagnostic terminology? Hey don't hate the player, hate the game..."inadequate personality disorder" used to be a formal diagnosis too.

Go get some sleep Alice. Life's too short to get so angry at an Internet stranger.
You sound like a ladies man. You've got the "gift" my dearly departed friend Yakuza spoke so longingly of...
#44
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice The Goon View Post
You're being sarcastic, right? Because everything he has said about crackheads is wrong (okay, both things). Including that use does not mean addiction. It's pretty commonly known that crack can be devastatingly addicting with just one use- if you're using it regularly, you are surely a crackhead.
Sorry for not responding earlier. It is moot now though, as you can plainly see I was indeed being sarcastic about living_in_hell being an expert on much of anything.
#45
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: in a handbasket
Posts: 749
Good night all. Sleep well.
#46
Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 9,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covered_In_Bees! View Post
Sorry for not responding earlier. It is moot now though, as you can plainly see I was indeed being sarcastic about living_in_hell being an expert on much of anything.
I did know that- just checking.
#47
Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Member
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 7,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by living_in_hell View Post
Maybe you could start by not saying things like "crack whore"? She is a human being.
I said it because that is the exact phrase her mother used when she told me the situation. The girl had literally turned to prostitution to pay for her habit. She cared far more for the crack than she did for her child. So much so, the courts gave the child to her parents.

Last edited by Rhiannon8404; 05-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.
#48
Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In my head
Posts: 12,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon8404 View Post
I said it because that is the exact phrase her mother used when she told me the situation. The girl had literally turned to prostitution to pay for her habit.
And it's not simply that they turn to prostitution-other addicts do this as well; heroin, etc. What is different, and what makes other prostitutes look down on crackwhores (who are both men and women, make no mistake) is the demeaning, anything-goes whoring of one's body for the tiniest bit of money or of the drug. They will do anything; with anybody. And for those who think they knew of someone who used crack but wasn't "like that"; trust me: THEY WERE. You just didn't know about it.

Last edited by Ambivalid; 05-01-2012 at 01:11 AM.
#49
Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 3,376
My mother was once on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine.
#50
Old 05-01-2012, 02:27 AM
BANNED
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washoe View Post
My mother was once on the cover of Crack Whore Magazine.
If it turns out there really exists such a magazine.........I would have my mind blown :O
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: best penetrating oil cat peeing excessively fragrance reddit whats hentai x37b launch legal anywhere wigger definition antique wholesale funny house names tow sticker warning classic porn music dope gamertags eric mcgee everfit people from switzerland vietnam fragging two drivers license 1400 baud modem excessively curbed tube brazilians switchblade legality kosher gelatin means lightning computer two headed nickels mr snakes lasko ion mode deadliest warrior ira mexican crema uses coiled ethernet cable pentecostal denim skirts arestin ripoff beatles kookookachoo handprint scanner before the watershed dick nickname nylon underwear trump kitten hot snot nuts slang kirkland signature american vodka everything old is new again origin me chinese me play joke origin how to reheat fried fish and keep it crispy sell house pay off mortgage average heart rate when walking remove concrete post footing does getting a mole removed hurt scat singing refers to how to detect propane leak how did people use chamber pots does skippy peanut butter need to be refrigerated ugly people with glasses why do cats like fish chicken cacciatore sauce in a jar oil light flashes on and off one bright day in the middle of the night long version busch beer vs budweiser if i don't have a mailbox where does my mail go average of standard deviations navy boot camp shower how to pop a blister without a needle clotrimazole vs terbinafine hydrochloride my dog ate my multivitamin how to fix sticky vinyl windows bernice christmas tree skirt all in the family the draft dodger black dragon chrono cross financial advisor message boards fewest possible moves in solitaire lightning rods for houses