Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
MLB Scoring: A Backwards "K"?

I know a "K" means strikeout, but I just noticed TBS sometimes uses a backwards K instead of a normal "K". Does anyone know what the backward "K" might mean? (This appears in the upper left of your TV screen in lieu of the count for a brief moment after a strikeout.)

Last edited by Jinx; 10-08-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Strikeout looking.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktep View Post
Strikeout looking.
And just in case you don't know what that means and don't feel like googling it, that's a when the umpire calls a strikeout when the batter doesn't swing when the ball is in the strike zone on the last strike.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:34 AM
I have heard it is because MLB doesn't want to spell out KKK on the scoreboard.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagundathar View Post
I have heard it is because MLB doesn't want to spell out KKK on the scoreboard.
Too bad that's what's up there after three swinging strikeouts then! (Easily disproven)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off