Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Absentia plot question (major spoilers in OP)

Major spoiler to follow.

I'm trying to figure out how much sense can be made of the creature's actions as a series of trades. The way I reas it, it goes like this:

Callie offers food, the creature returns jewelry in trade.

Callie returns the jewelry, apparently rejecting the trade, so the creature offers a larger pile of jewelry in her bed.

That trade is apparently accepted.

Now the creature offers Daniel. But nothing is ever offered in exchange so the creature takes Daniel back--and maybe? is miffed.

The creature offers Walter, now dead. (Is he dead because the creature is miffed?) Nothing is ever given in exchange so the creature takes Tricia.

Callie offers herself for trade, the creature offers the fetus in exchange, Callie renegs, and in retaliation the creature takes both her and the fetus back.

Did I miss anything? Read too much into anything?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: ammonia chlorine sine cubed safety deposit key navy hat name oil of vitrol ubox alternative toaster tattoo air abacus buy cyanide pills hobby lobby cars rat balls buying alligators jaime gleicher airborne aids letterlinker online kiss cards 1978 religious thing prefix for middle pvc joint repair cows humping crossdressing laws recovery from starvation wet willy meaning tricia toyota dilbert series men wearing tampon non polarized adapter multiplication wheel welding oxygen how freon works cat scratch itchy hitler switzerland best epoxy glue for metal who bought cellular one what weighs 15 tons can you pay for a car with a check can i freeze parmesan cheese st augustine travel quote does rid x work for septic systems windows can't find printer fallout 2 pip boy is it a good time to sell silver why does ear wax taste bitter shark vacuum stopped working are men's pant sizes in inches plea bargain traffic ticket buying cyanide pills online how long do fingerprints last on paper change rotors with pads how to play taps black sweater khaki pants old country buffet vs golden corral avia dental fee schedule cost to euthanize cat jos a bank fit guide probability of a intersect b motorcycles use extreme caution sign rusty gas tank repair my car squeals when i start it what engines fit in my car deliver phone books for money where do you get chloroform