Old 01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Charter Member
Is Invicta a decent watch? Need Answer Fast

I have a deal from Groupon to get an Invicta watch (Product Number: Invicta-1276) for $90.
The deal says it retails for $695.
Too good to be true? Is Invicta a decent watch? I know it's made in China - deal breaker?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Charter Member
Meh - I just found them on Amazon for the same price.
No need to jump at the offer.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Suspended
Invictas are very good. IMO, the leather bands are not very good though-if you buy one with a SS bracelet, you will be fine.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Invictas are a fair deal in the sub $100 price category, especially their classic automatic divers. Beyond that price point is more questionable as Invicta tends to load a lot of effort into pimping up the case and band while the movements are fairly basic and inexpensive, bordering on rough. I have a few Invicta divers but would not pay more than the 60-80 bucks I laid out for them or for any other Invictas.

The wild inflation of the "asking prices" is a silly affectation and iMO tends to cheapen the brand as it is such a transparently silly ploy.

The main hit I have seen across Invicta customer reviews is the extremely unresponsive and laggard service if problems develop. They do not seem to prioritize service responsiveness.

Less than 100 dollars it's worth rolling the dice. More than that i would look to more solid name brands.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Here's the rose gold 1277 for $ 75.00. You don't need to jump on a groupon deal to get a sale priced Invicta.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Charter Member
Yeah, you guys are right.
I didn't really think I'd be getting a $700 watch for $100, but I thought it just might be a $200 piece.
Oh well.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:04 PM
I bought an Invicta automatic diver a year or so ago. It looks nice and the watch is substantial, but I hate the bracelet. It feels really light and cheap and I don't like the watch enough to replace the bracelet. I've hardly worn it at all, and not at all recently. If anyone wants it, they can have it. First claim in this thread gets it. Follow up with a PM and I'll send it to you. It's a pretty big watch. 48mm diameter x 16mm thick.

Invicta 2301
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Jones View Post
I bought an Invicta automatic diver a year or so ago. It looks nice and the watch is substantial, but I hate the bracelet. It feels really light and cheap and I don't like the watch enough to replace the bracelet. I've hardly worn it at all, and not at all recently. If anyone wants it, they can have it. First claim in this thread gets it. Follow up with a PM and I'll send it to you. It's a pretty big watch. 48mm diameter x 16mm thick.

Invicta 2301
Free? i'll take it.

I emailed you my address. Let me know shipping cost.

Last edited by astro; 01-13-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Invictas have passable movements. I think the quartz models are Ronda 50XX movements and their automatics are typically Miyota 8125 workhorses. Some of the higher-end cases even house ETA/Sellita movements.

Nevertheless, Invictas just have such a chintzy vibe about them, and the taint of the Home Shopping Network pretty much ensures that watch aficionados will never take them seriously.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro View Post
Free? i'll take it.

I emailed you my address. Let me know shipping cost.
Got it. No worries about shipping cost. I'd rather give it to someone who wants it than keep looking at a watch on my winder that I'll never wear. I'll ship it this week.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:50 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno_xzx View Post
Hah, got a chuckle from this thread. But they seem pretty great to me, though ultimately you do get what you pay for. I'm looking to buy this watch myself.
If you must buy something as tasteless as that, at least save your money. you can get it on Ebay for ~80.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Invicta is a high volume low quality brand of automatic watch.

This forum is hardly the place to seek watch advice. Try watchuseek.com
Old 08-21-2014, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno_xzx View Post
Hah, got a chuckle from this thread. But they seem pretty great to me, though ultimately you do get what you pay for. I'm looking to buy this watch myself.
I would say never buy anything from a website that can't be bothered to proof its tab title.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:47 AM
The Central Scrutinizer
On our last vacation I was looking to get a nice watch. I never really had a grown up watch. There was a big display of Invictas. They looked cheap and gaudy to me.