Old 04-30-2001, 01:03 PM
I know that sin^2(theta) = 1 - cos 2Xtheta. Is there a similar formula relating sin^3(theta) to sin(3Xtheta) or cos(3Xtheta)?
Old 04-30-2001, 01:54 PM
Christopher:

You left off a factor of 1/2 in your formula for sin^2. Your right hand side gives twice the value of sin^2.

The formulas you're looking for are:

sin^3(A)=(3/4)sin(A)-(1/4)sin(3A)

cos^3(A)=(3/4) cos(A)+(1/4)cos(3A)

You can find these formulas in Fundamental Formulas of Physics Donald Menzel, ed. Dover Books section 2.5. It's also in Table of Integral, Series, and Products ed. I.S. Gradshteyn and I.M. Ryzhik, Academic Press, section 1.31.

Or you can write the mutiple angle out in complex form and extract the real and imaginary parts.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: bok choy stems nickelodeon meaning horizontal electrical outlet drink vampire blood spiderman vs firelord liberty movie reheat chicken wings dog attacking leg driving without muffler wenis elbow zweihander sheath i trust him pollock derogatory stoney island il tequilla mixers tattoo design commission angus young teeth guy etymology iocane powder gopher smoke bomb light mayo packets mongoose bikes review catalina earl reddit tdi vampires invitation unusual christmas movies spherical spaceship cat cowering ss ship names dope ass cars mackerel snapper orgy porgy ford and fun difference between malt beverage and beer how to install tires tangle free telephone cord devil and angel on shoulder cartoon how to cut metal wire without wire cutters why vitamins make you nauseous skin cyst on penis wood chippers home depot home depot key machine what does a final divorce decree look like is my favorite things a christmas song what is the weather like in portland oregon what is mode select transmission kleen-out sulfuric acid drain opener how to keep a leg cast dry in the shower what is the song solsbury hill about what does baba booey mean filmed in front of a live studio audience propane tank won't open slept for 16 hours how long does it take for a skin tag to fall off after tying what kind of creature is yoda can spicy food cause diarrhea what happens when you microwave a pickle camel toe urban dictionary size of olympic size pool 6 x8 pressure treated landscape timbers do presidential candidates vote for themselves unlimited music download subscription nausea from iron pills real clear politics make your own map how to throw your voice