Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Fuck off, neighborhood busybody

We own a corner lot with a double sidewalk, one of which is almost overrun with Boston ivy. I admit and take responsibility for this situation but have finally taken action to get it back under control (and anyone who has a green thumb can tell you the evils of this weed).

This week our landscaper came by to remove the Boston ivy off the sidewalk. While there, he told us some 30something bitty came over and joked "Boy I hope they paid you a lot of money to do that hard work, hahahaha it's about time they removed that ivy, it's become really hard for people to walk their dogs on that sidewalk, why many of my neighbors were thinking about calling the city to complain blah blah blah"

Dear Bitch,

1. My wife and I both work long hours, and yes, while we make sure our lawn is cut and trimmed, sidewalks emptied of snow, and tree branches trimmed, yes, at times those things make it harder for us to get to fucking ivy covering our sidewalk. We feel badly we don't live up to YOUR high standards of how we maintain our plantings.

2. The neighbor across the street from the ivy covered sidewalk has NO sidewalk whatsoever. As a matter of fact, about half the neighborhood streets have no sidewalks at all on either side. Perhaps you should spend your busybody energy complaining to the city about that.

3. I don't give a flying fuck about anyone's dogs. Great, I tear out all this ivy off my sidewalk so your stupid fucking dogs can shit and piss all over the sidewalk. No room for your mutts? Let them shit somewhere else.

4. I don't believe for one second any of the neighbors have complained. I think it is just you. But, just for the record, I DARE I BEG any of my neighbors to complain about my yard to the city. I guarantee I can visit EVERY neighbor within one mile of me and find at least one violation. Wanna play that game? Everyone goes down.

5. I have a PRETTY good idea who you are. Ive seen YOUR house. You have a tiny sidewalk and no driveway so there's obviously less work and maintenance involved with your house. Not that it's not a nice little property and cute little house. But even with a lot half our size and a house about four times the size of my shed YOUR landscaping is nothing special, just a bunch of overgrown bushes and trees that cover up 90 percent of your lawn. Oh, and the plastic furniture I have to look at while trimming my backyard, THAT'S classy. I really don't care--- just don't start spreading gossip about us.

6. Lets say you are 100pct right. We are white trash who bought a big lot and don't landscape it properly. We finally saved enough money to hire a landscaper to make the property meet your very high standards. Why say ANYTHING at all? You are getting what you want. Just shut the fuck up, there's no reason to insult US.

BTW, who else in our neighborhood are you gossiping about from your little hut? The neighbor to our back and across from you with a 2 story modular (a replacement for a home that burned down in a fire)with an above ground swimming pool, foster children, uncut grass and a motorhome in their backyard?

They don't bother me, but I'm sure you complain to the whole neighborhood about them.

The house across from our street where mentally disadvantaged live and at times make a loud ruckus? We welcome them, and hats off to the workers who have to care for them on a day to day basis. But I bet they get under your sanctimonious skin.

In closing, Twat, keep making the smartass remarks. This is our second house, and while we love it and our neighborhood (until now) we can easily afford to move to much nicer neighborhood than this one. If we get irritated enough with you to do so, hopefully someone will buy our house and landscape it PERFECTLY according to your standards. But if not, be careful for what you wish for.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Charter Member
Sorry, can't get behind this rant. If you have let your ivy cover the sidewalk that the city holds you responsible for, you're in the wrong here.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:46 AM
You know, it sounds to me like your landscaper likes to stir up shit. You've got a full blown hate-on for one particular woman because she might be the one that said something like what someone else told you.

And yeah, keeping your sidewalk clear is a bigger deal than having an attractive lawn. I push a stroller a great deal, and a blocked sidewalk is a tremendous pain in the ass.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:06 AM
I give this rant 1/10. You try to stir up a lot of rage over one small thing that you heard through your gossiping landscaper. Yes she was dumb in the way she worded it but your response is over the top for something so small (and honestly should have been taken care of a long time ago from the sounds of it.)
Old 07-31-2013, 07:22 AM
Keeping the sidewalk clear is your responsibility, which you accept. You admit that, due to your lack of action, the sidewalk has become overrun with ivy. Someone comments that they are glad the sidewalk is finally being cleared. And your response is this angry rant? Pfft.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 AM
BANNED
Maybe it never happened, and the landscaper was playing up the public shaming angle to talk you into an upgrade. It is an ancient advertising tactic
Old 07-31-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian heel View Post
I guarantee I can visit EVERY neighbor within one mile of me and find at least one violation. Wanna play that game? Everyone goes down.
Thank you Lord for another day
Help my brother along his way
And please bring peace to the Neighborhood
Grant us all peace and serenity
Old 07-31-2013, 09:13 AM
There's really no sense in turning Boston ivy into poison ivy. Why do you give two shits what some little biddy you never talk to thinks?
Old 07-31-2013, 09:15 AM
Keeping the sidewalk clear might be our/my responsibility but I HATE neighbors who do these passive aggressive sort of swipes. Call the city over it? Did it occur to you to knock on the door first, or leave a note? "Hi, just wanted to let you know the sidewalk is really blocked and nobody can get by"? Nope, we're going right to calling the city.

People just care too much about shit that's not in their yard, is all. I don't pick up my leaves, I rent, so the landlord comes around with his leaf-sucking machine. He's told me to leave the leaves where they are as it's easier to suck them up - but I know there was a busybody who complained about the leaves. Fuck you, and fuck everyone who obviously doesn't have enough to do in their lives and needs to be a busybody.

Some of us have lives, and busy ones at that. And if I start on this, like russian heel says, I can find something wrong with everyone, and Number One would be the assholes who let their dogs shit and pee all over everyone else's yard.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't understand why anyone who isn't disabled would need to hire a gardener to come out and yank some ivy. Seems like about 30 seconds of work every could of weeks would keep it under control.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaamika View Post

People just care too much about shit that's not in their yard, is all. I don't pick up my leaves, I rent, so the landlord comes around with his leaf-sucking machine. He's told me to leave the leaves where they are as it's easier to suck them up - but I know there was a busybody who complained about the leaves. Fuck you, and fuck everyone who obviously doesn't have enough to do in their lives and needs to be a busybody.

Some of us have lives, and busy ones at that. And if I start on this, like russian heel says, I can find something wrong with everyone,
I would like to add one more "fucks" to this statement. Right fucking on.

Quote:
and Number One would be the assholes who let their dogs shit and pee all over everyone else's yard.
Where I live, it's rare for dog owners to allow this. My problem is with cats that are left to roam. They cause tons of damage.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
1. My wife and I both work long hours, and yes, while we make sure our lawn is cut and trimmed, sidewalks emptied of snow, and tree branches trimmed, yes, at times those things make it harder for us to get to fucking ivy covering our sidewalk.
You have ivy, lawn mowing AND snow at the same time? Weird.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
I would like to add one more "fucks" to this statement. Right fucking on.
Thanks, I am feeling a little grouchy about this whole thing today.

Quote:

Where I live, it's rare for dog owners to allow this. My problem is with cats that are left to roam. They cause tons of damage.
I have two problems. One, I rent, as I said, from a club. Behind me is the club property. Dog owners walk by my house (thankfully!) and walk right onto the club property and let their stupid dogs shit all over the place. And then just walk out. The club cares, and it bothers them, but they are not around enough to do anything, and they are not apparently tough enough to put up signs saying "Curb your dogs". They have signs that say "Do not enter, private property", which people walk right by.

Even then at least twice there's been dog poop right in front of my house, once in front of my mailbox. I am stating this very calmly but the ire rises and I want to murder people.

And then, yes, the cats. I hate outdoor cats. I've complained about this often before. They wander! I think you are a bad cat owner if you let your cat wander in my neighborhood; it's really close to two 40 mph roads. Also they pee in my bushes and scare the birds in my yard, and it's realy really cold in the winter, so why would you let your damn strays roam?

Aargh! I'm getting upset again. Let it go, let it go. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. * meditates *
Old 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM
For someone who is too busy to take care of shit, you sure found time to right a long, involved OP.

Actually, I hate these NBs, too. I have one, and she drives everyone crazy. Fortunately, I live about a block away, so I don't get anywhere near the amount of grief my goods friends get who live right across the street.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Two of the points you make jump out at me: you and your wife are too busy to keep up your corner-lot property, while Ms. Bitchy has a smaller, lower-maintenance house.

Everywhere I've lived has had one long-hours couple whose house is somewhere between an eyesore and a hazard (like your overgrown sidewalk, although I do sympathize about the ivy). My conclusion is that such proto-yuppies moved out of their apartment a few years too early, and that there are a lot of us who wish they either had the time to maintain their property or the money to hire someone to do it properly, and not a lack of both because they jumped into an overly-large house on marginal income.

Just sayin'.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member
Quote:
Keeping the sidewalk clear might be our/my responsibility but I HATE neighbors who do these passive aggressive sort of swipes. Call the city over it? Did it occur to you to knock on the door first, or leave a note? "Hi, just wanted to let you know the sidewalk is really blocked and nobody can get by"? Nope, we're going right to calling the city.
But if the neighbor knocked on this guy's door she would have gotten a face full of "MY WIFE AND I WORK LONG HOURS AND MY LAWN IS TRIMMED YOUR HOUSE IS SMALL GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!" She didn't actually call the city or talk to the guy and he's already busting a gasket.

If she called the city the city would probably come take care of it then send the guy a bill, probably around the same as what he paid a landscaper.

Last edited by ZipperJJ; 07-31-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM
Charter Member
The biggest eyesores in my neighbourhood from people who aren't keeping their property up to neighbourhood standards are the renters. If the homeowner doesn't live there, they really don't seem to care much if the grass is mowed regularly or the dandelions are kept under control or the sidewalk is cleared of snow promptly (in the appropriate seasons, of course). That might be the problem your neighbours are having, Anaamika - your landlord might not be as quick on the draw as homeowners who live in the neighbourhood are. I know the landlord across the street from me will get to the dandelion explosion eventually - but not until my yard has been thoroughly seeded with their dandelion fluff. I spend hours every summer pulling out dandelions because that landlord is negligent, and I don't much care for it.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperJJ View Post
But if the neighbor knocked on this guy's door she would have gotten a face full of "MY WIFE AND I WORK LONG HOURS AND MY LAWN IS TRIMMED YOUR HOUSE IS SMALL GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!" She didn't actually call the city or talk to the guy and he's already busting a gasket.

Right. IMHO, in a significant number of cases, people who don't want others to "go behind their back" or "talk about them behind their back" seem to be ready to verbally bully anyone who talks "to their face." I sometimes get the vibe that the real reason they're angry someone wouldn't confront them, but "went behind their back," is that they missed the chance to deter that person entirely by intimidating them.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperJJ View Post
. . .
If she called the city the city would probably come take care of it then send the guy a bill, probably around the same as what he paid a landscaper.
Around here, they leave a notice first with a set number of weeks before they come do it. If you get it done within those weeks, no charge.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 PM
is your landscaper good looking? Maybe she was trying to flirt.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Wait.

So, you have a sidewalk which you are supposed to clear, but you've allowed it to be blocked by ivy for a substantial amount of time. Then you finally manage to pay someone to do this little job (which refutes your argument that you were "too busy") and during this process the neighbor casually and jokingly tells your landscaper she's glad she sidewalk is going to be clear.

Note: She never called the city. She never complained to you.

And for this, you say she's a busybody bitch and you pit her?

Someone in this story is an asshole. Someone in this story is WAY too concerned abut what their neighbor is up to. But that someone isn't your neighbor-- it's you.

And, side note, you call her out for having a nice yard she maintains because it's smaller than yours? What is your fucking problem?? She was smart enough to buy property she can maintain, and you aren't. How is that her problem?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:59 PM
What's with the inconsistent sidewalk sizing? I live in BFE, and know nothing about them, but when I lived in LA, they were all pretty much the same everywhere you went. What gives?
Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 PM
Charter Member
Quote:

Some of us have lives, and busy ones at that. And if I start on this, like russian heel says, I can find something wrong with everyone, and Number One would be the assholes who let their dogs shit and pee all over everyone else's yard.

This post is full of awesome.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss elizabeth View Post
Wait.

So, you have a sidewalk which you are supposed to clear, but you've allowed it to be blocked by ivy for a substantial amount of time. Then you finally manage to pay someone to do this little job (which refutes your argument that you were "too busy") and during this process the neighbor casually and jokingly tells your landscaper she's glad she sidewalk is going to be clear.

Note: She never called the city. She never complained to you.

And for this, you say she's a busybody bitch and you pit her?

Someone in this story is an asshole. Someone in this story is WAY too concerned abut what their neighbor is up to. But that someone isn't your neighbor-- it's you.

And, side note, you call her out for having a nice yard she maintains because it's smaller than yours? What is your fucking problem?? She was smart enough to buy property she can maintain, and you aren't. How is that her problem?
+1
Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer View Post
The biggest eyesores in my neighbourhood from people who aren't keeping their property up to neighbourhood standards are the renters. If the homeowner doesn't live there, they really don't seem to care much if the grass is mowed regularly or the dandelions are kept under control or the sidewalk is cleared of snow promptly (in the appropriate seasons, of course). That might be the problem your neighbours are having, Anaamika - your landlord might not be as quick on the draw as homeowners who live in the neighbourhood are. I know the landlord across the street from me will get to the dandelion explosion eventually - but not until my yard has been thoroughly seeded with their dandelion fluff. I spend hours every summer pulling out dandelions because that landlord is negligent, and I don't much care for it.
I live in the upper of a two-flat. Your rant doesn't apply to me much, since our landlord is actually damn good at keeping on top of mowing/raking/whatever*. BUT even if it did, I'd shrug my shoulders and pppppppbbbbbbbbttttttt: to ya.

Lawn/outdoor maintenance is included in our lease, which means we pay for it already. Being renters, it's not like we happen to have our own lawn mower (et al) or a place to store it. If a neighbor has an issue with the frequency of outdoor maintenance, they need to take it up with the landlord.

* Seriously, we love our landlords. It's an older husband and wife team who own several houses and two-flats. The wife is also a realtor so she's great with handling contracts and the husband is retired from GM and can do TONS of repair work, maintenance and so on. They're really friendly, too, and even gave us a deal on the rent (I know what prices are in my city).
Old 08-01-2013, 12:54 PM
It sounds like they were just saying it in jest, due to the "hahahahaha". Recommend switch to decaf
Old 08-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Charter Member
I don't blame the tenants for not looking after the places they rent; I blame the landlords. They don't live here, so they don't care if they look after the properties properly or not. This might not be universal, but it's pretty universal where I live - nice yard, nice yard, nice yard, shithole because it's a rental, nice yard, nice yard.

This might be a little bit of a hot-button issue with me.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
Right. IMHO, in a significant number of cases, people who don't want others to "go behind their back" or "talk about them behind their back" seem to be ready to verbally bully anyone who talks "to their face." I sometimes get the vibe that the real reason they're angry someone wouldn't confront them, but "went behind their back," is that they missed the chance to deter that person entirely by intimidating them.
Worth repeating.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Your neighborhood busybody is also the person who is going to call 911 when she sees a burglar breaking into your house or smoke pouring out of it when you are not at home.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastTense View Post
Your neighborhood busybody is also the person who is going to call 911 when she sees a burglar breaking into your house or smoke pouring out of it when you are not at home.
Or stop your rhubarb from being stolen.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
I This might not be universal, but it's pretty universal where I live - nice yard, nice yard, nice yard, shithole because it's a rental, nice yard, nice yard.
Why does your personal happiness depend on making everyone on your block conform to your personal preferences?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Why does your personal happiness depend on making everyone on your block conform to your personal preferences?
Are you serious, or are you parodying some sort of stoned college kid discussing politics at 3am kinda thing?
Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Charter Member
I'm dead serious. As Anaamika said, "people care too much about shit that is not in their yard."
Old 08-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
I'm dead serious. As Anaamika said, "people care too much about shit that is not in their yard."
Ok.

Don't forget, it's puff puff pass, dude.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Charter Member
I don't share my asthma medication.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
I don't know if I actually mentioned any personal preferences; I've only been talking about things that are required of homeowners by Calgary's bylaws.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
We finally saved enough money to hire a landscaper to make the property meet your very high standards.
<snip>
we can easily afford to move to much nicer neighborhood than this one.
Somehow these don't go together. Are you scrimping by or not?
Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 PM
BANNED
Some people really need to go fuck themselves.

This is why I'll never own a town or city house. Give me my god damned space, and keep your useless shitty opinions out of my life.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Some people really need to go fuck themselves.

This is why I'll never own a town or city house. Give me my god damned space, and keep your useless shitty opinions out of my life.
She did! She just made a crack to the landscaper.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:

This week our landscaper came by to remove the Boston ivy off the sidewalk. While there, he told us some 30something bitty came over and joked "Boy I hope they paid you a lot of money to do that hard work, hahahaha it's about time they removed that ivy, it's become really hard for people to walk their dogs on that sidewalk, why many of my neighbors were thinking about calling the city to complain blah blah blah"
Your landscaper is a shit-stirrer. She probably did make a comment or two about the sidewalk, but it's probable he embellished what and how she said it.

Quote:
2. The neighbor across the street from the ivy covered sidewalk has NO sidewalk whatsoever. As a matter of fact, about half the neighborhood streets have no sidewalks at all on either side. Perhaps you should spend your busybody energy complaining to the city about that.
This is just a WAG, but I'm guessing the lack of sidewalk on the other side of the street means everyone appreciates your sidewalk that much more.

Sidewalks are a funny thing. They are really easy to take for granted until you get to a section that's all fucked up. Recently my mother came to visit and I had to push someone around in a wheelchair for the first time in my life. It was fun when the path was all clear and there were no objects, cracks, or areas of unevenness. Otherwise, she'd get hitched up, which made her feel guilty for being unable to walk and made me feel ashamed for not being a good wheelchair-pusher. The experience made me really appreciate good sidewalks, lemme tell you.

I don't like yardwork either. I'm just now getting the hang of weekend lawn mowing, Sometimes I let the grass out front get a little shaggy because it's so hot and buggy and I just want to relax on the weekends. I'd probably feel a little bent out of shape if someone complained about it. But complaining about neighbors is no more illegal than letting the grass grow a little tall. Both are harmless but a bit impolite.

We live and we learn. At least now you're more mindful about keeping the sidewalk free and clear.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
When it affects the rest of us? Yeah, I do.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Charter Member
It affects you only because you choose to be affected.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
It's the affect effect.

And it's infectious.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Charter Member
Ah, feck it.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Oh, I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure the contractor trying to sell the newly constructed house behind me would prefer that my place doesn't look like a shithole*, but that's their tough luck, isn't it**? I mean, how could the fact that 85% of my 1.5-acre property is in dirt and dead weeds be hurting the price they might get for that house? Surely the potential buyers can divine whether or not I plan to get my property into shape eventually. I suppose potential buyers could come over and ask me why my property looks crappy and if I plan to improve it. Or if they can count on me for all their future dandelion, morning glory, and thistle needs. They should probably count on the latter at this stage in the game, to protect themselves from future disappointment***.

I think my crappy-looking property might negatively impact the sale. I think another neighbor's wood fencing might positively impact the sale. At the same time, I think that buyers should consider the neighborhood's agriculture nature and not be expecting to have a weed-free yard. I certainly thought of those things when I bought this place.

Every area is different. If all the yards are nice except the one across the street from you, it can be really annoying. If you just built a $300-500k home in a neighborhood of manufactured housing/old farmworker houses, then I think you should suck it up and not complain when things aren't perfect (my neighborhood represent!). If there are HOAs, covenants, or bylaws, may you enjoy living under and complying with what you sign up for.

In other news, I used to be married to a neighborhood busybody. That is a terrible position to be in if you are unobservant or don't give a shit about what your neighbors are doing. The things he would try to get me excited about were petty, stupid, and seemingly endless. It gets really old listening to someone complain about the neighbors when you simply do not notice or care that they have not mowed their lawn, pulled the weeds, swept the sidewalk. That's part of why I moved here, where it at least appears nobody cared about that stuff.

There may have been a point in my post, but I got distracted and am no longer sure. Hitting submit anyway...

*It looks better than when I moved here in some ways, but I went without irrigation for 3 fucking years in a long story that nobody wants to hear. The contractor knows the story and probably tells potential buyers that I am a very nice person that is going to make my place look fantastic now that I have water. We'll see how that goes!
**I actually feel bad that they are trying to sell while my place looks so shabby, but it looked shabby when they started, so they knew what they were getting into.
***I have plans, but lack funding.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
I don't blame the tenants for not looking after the places they rent; I blame the landlords. They don't live here, so they don't care if they look after the properties properly or not. This might not be universal, but it's pretty universal where I live - nice yard, nice yard, nice yard, shithole because it's a rental, nice yard, nice yard.

This might be a little bit of a hot-button issue with me.
We rent because we can't afford a mortgage, and don't qualify for a home loan due to revolving student loan debt. Lawn maintenance is the farthest thing from our minds when we are paying for child care, food, gas, rent, etc. Luckily we have a few entrepreneurial teenagers in our neighborhood who will mow your lawn for $20 bucks when my husband can't get to it since he is pulling long hours in pharmacy school and hospital rotations. But the weed trimming and landscaping can go to shit, I am not paying for that. That is my property manager's job, and if they don't care I don't care.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
When it affects the rest of us? Yeah, I do.
But what kind of "shitty yard" are we talking about, here? A yard with big bare patches and grass/weeds over a foot tall with a rusted out car on cinder blocks is not the same as a yard that has untreated dandelions or a front yard used as a food garden. But I've heard rants about yards of the dandelion/garden type that, by their level of vehemence, you'd think were talking about the cinder block car lawn.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:40 PM
They said the ivy is growing over the sidewalk.

Quote:
So if I want to take a walk, but I can't because my neighbors let their goddamn plants grow all over the sidewalk, making it near impossible to get by? If someone wants to push a stroller, but can't, they're "choosing" to be affected"?
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
They said the ivy is growing over the sidewalk.

So if I want to take a walk, but I can't because my neighbors let their goddamn plants grow all over the sidewalk, making it near impossible to get by? If someone wants to push a stroller, but can't, they're "choosing" to be affected"?
Shhh Guin, you're going to harsh his buzz.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Yeah, but you do this and the next thing you know these assholes who won't keep up their yard are slashing your tires or egging your house/car. It's a no-win situation when you go to the neighbor.