View Poll Results: Would you date a BBW?
Yes! 64 49.23%
Ugh, no. 66 50.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
#1
Old 03-14-2014, 03:39 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Would you date a BBW?

In the thread about women dating short guys, someone suggested we start a BBW thread, so I did. Would you date a BBW?

Personally, I wouldn't. I have in the past, based on a few misconceptions I had about people. See, I was raised to believe to not judge people based on appearances. A person that looks 'unattractive' might be a really amazing person deep down. So when I saw a woman that was fat, I assumed she must be really great to be around- she wouldn't be able to take advantage of all the ways a conventionally attractive woman might get a 'pass' in different situations, so she would have to focus much more on being actively great instead of just passively attractive. I assumed she would have to work harder in life to be taken as seriously/accepted, which would imply being more outgoing and driven.

In hindsight, I don't believe this to be true. Plenty of people are just as fugly on the inside. At least in my experience, the overweight women in their 20s and 30s had issues that directly tied to them being overweight. They weren't overachievers; in fact they were less likely to be so. They were fat because they ate too much and weren't active enough, but that issue blobbed to other aspects of their life; either they were just overall lazy, delusional, passive, dumb, etc. I'm sure a lot of people are going to come stampeding in here to say, "Oh that's not true, being fat has nothing to do with my personality, what about lazy/psycho/dumb skinny women?". Sure thin/conventionally attractive women can have the same flaws, but its not tied to their weight. And contrary to a lot of people's mistaken assumptions, I've met a ton of conventionally attractive women who were incredibly intelligent, assertive, outgoing, driven, and successful. Hell, I even married one!

So would you date a BBW? If you did, why? Is it because you don't care about weight (or appearance period)? or maybe you are specifically attracted to fat women? If you wouldn't date a BBW, is it because you're not attracted to the look of overweight women, or it because the hangups they might have or physical limitations (gasping for breath going up a flight of stairs, unable to get on a rock climbing wall, having to use two seats on an airplane) a turnoff?
#2
Old 03-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Southeast of something
Posts: 3,600
I would not date a BBW nor a Mercedes.
#3
Old 03-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,457
I wouldn't, but of course it doesn't say anything about a person's personality one way or another. That seems like a ludicrous expectation. On the other hand, I don't know of any way to battle my own sense of what's attractive.
#4
Old 03-14-2014, 04:09 PM
bup bup is offline
Guest
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: glenview,il,usa
Posts: 11,905
(What does BBW stand for?)
#5
Old 03-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
(What does BBW stand for?)
Big Black Woman, I believe.

And no, I would not, seeing as how I am a homosexual male.

Last edited by Calatin; 03-14-2014 at 04:11 PM.
#6
Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Guest
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 5,466
I thought it was just "Big Beautiful Woman".

And no, to answer the OP. It's simply not attractive. I can do better.
#7
Old 03-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 10,421
Married one, in fact. (Assuming that the second "B" is "beautiful", as my wife is white.)

Part of it may be that my tastes in women were once described (by my girlfriend at the time) as "female". That is, I don't really have a particular "type" to which I'm attracted. When I dated, I dated tall and short, curvy and thin.

My concern these days, as we've gotten older (my wife is 50, I'm nearly so) is that my lovely, curvy wife is still a big girl. She hasn't gotten particularly bigger as we've been together, but being heavier does tend to set you up for health issues as you get older, and she doesn't seem to have any interest in doing anything about that. Meanwhile, I've gotten serious about taking better care of myself, and have gotten back into shape, and that difference between the two of us worries me.
#8
Old 03-14-2014, 04:25 PM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,104
Although this thread didn't solicit opinions from people dating fat dudes, I'm dating a fat dude. I'm also a fat woman. We chose to date each other based on compatibility, the awesomeness of the other person, and looks. I think he's extraordinarily handsome, and he thinks I'm very attractive (all in the eye of the beholder, ymmv, blah blah blah). Neither of us has a fat fetish. I don't even have a preference when it comes to body size--I've dated skinny dudes, fat dudes, and in-between. It just depends on personality (and, I can't lie, facial attractiveness).

Fat people have lots of reasons for being fat. Not all of them are damaged, whiny, lazy, uncaring, bad in bed, or whatever you assume. Some fat people may be outgoing and driven for awhile, encounter nothing but negative responses, make no headway, and give up after awhile. Some fat people deal with chronic pain due to weight or persistent injuries, which tends to make a person less peppy. Maybe the pain caused them to overeat for comfort in the first place... unless you literally go out and meet every fat person on the planet, you just don't know.

P.S. I hate the term BBW. It's fetishistic and has bad connotations. Just call us fat, please.
#9
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,277
My mistake. I guess I was thinking how GWM means "Gay White Male" and whatnot...

No offense intended in not thinking the second B could stand for "Beautiful."
#10
Old 03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Guest
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 14,594
BBW stands for Big Beautiful Woman, a euphemism they commonly use to describe themselves.

The field abounds with stereotypes: That females won't date short males, therefore short males must "lower their standards" and date whatever female they can get. And that males won't date "plus-size" females, therefore plus-size females must "lower their standards" and date whatever male they can get.

So, short male + plus-size female = perfect match, right?

Well, no, that doesn't necessarily follow. Plus-size females won't date a short male any more than any other size female will (meaning, as seen in the other thread, there may be a few who will but mostly not). And the majority of responses above, so far (well, 3 out of the 4) seem to be males saying they won't date a BBW.
#11
Old 03-14-2014, 04:32 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 4,016
Of course I would. Honestly, if we want to get visceral, erotic technique trumps attractive looks any day.
#12
Old 03-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Member
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 20,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Would you date a BBW?
Sure. I'm not attracted to grotesquely obese women, but a woman who's weight is somewhere between "average" and "grotesquely obese"? Sure. Being overweight isn't an automatic dealbreaker to me.
#13
Old 03-14-2014, 04:35 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 7th Level of Hell, Ca
Posts: 16,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
I thought it was just "Big Beautiful Woman".
This is what it means.

Depends on how big we're talking about. I usually like a woman with a little meat on her bones. Chunky is just fine with me. Obese....not so much. But that's more because it seems so unhealthy.
#14
Old 03-14-2014, 04:36 PM
bup bup is offline
Guest
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: glenview,il,usa
Posts: 11,905
Thanks for the explanation. Never say never - sometimes love hits you unexpectedly - but probably not. I've dealt with enough health problems. If I date again, I'll be looking for somebody healthy.
#15
Old 03-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Guest
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: KS, US
Posts: 5,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo Negative View Post
This is what it means.

Depends on how big we're talking about. I usually like a woman with a little meat on her bones. Chunky is just fine with me. Obese....not so much. But that's more because it seems so unhealthy.
I'ver never seen a women describe herself as BBW who wasn't obese.

A little chunky sure. And that "plus-size supemodel", can't remember her name? Absolutely...but while she's "plus-size" her proportions are nowhere near normal.
#16
Old 03-14-2014, 04:38 PM
Guest
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 1,799
Certainly.

But, I'm currently "off the market."
I did, however, have a rule of not dating a woman more than 100lbs heavier than myself. At 225lbs, I rarely had to put that rule to the "test."
#17
Old 03-14-2014, 04:48 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
I'ver never seen a women describe herself as BBW who wasn't obese.
I agree. Typically I find that women <200lbs try to downplay their weight in descriptions. Once they get past, say, 250 lbs, they're more likely to call themselves a 'BBW' and go full bore in the other direction "I don't care that I'm fat" "weight doesn't matter" "I'm beautiful no matter what". Fine platitudes, but it always tends to sound a little delusional to me.
#18
Old 03-14-2014, 04:48 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,029
I am a big woman. I am fat. I am not lazy, stupid or whatever else the OP concluded about overweight people. Don't assume you know anything about me based on the numbers on my bathroom scales.

I am not offended when guys don't want to date me. We like what we like. In the short guys threads, I was pretty clear I'm not attracted to little guys. But don't assume that only desperate or weird guys would want to be with a large woman. Sexual attraction is what it is.

My current BF is the kind of guy who turns heads. He is intelligent, educated, tall, fit, muscular and very good looking. He likes my body as is. He could have anyone, he wants me.

He is far from an aberration. I have had lots of great guys interested in me. I am very choosy so most of them never made the cut.

Positive aspects of a fat woman who is comfortable in her skin? She doesn't obsess over what people think of her. She knows there are a lot of guys like the OP. Shallow and self absorbed. Being comfortable in my skin makes me comfortable with my guy. It's not for nothing that big girls have the reputation of being fun to mambo with.
#19
Old 03-14-2014, 04:53 PM
Guest
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Dairyland 'burbs
Posts: 472
I'm going to have to do a multi part answer.
1) The OP is wrong to call BBWs 'fat'. There is a difference - to a lot of people, though I now realize I don't know how common the distinction is. I think that would have to be defined for any definitive answers.
2) The OP made a bad assumption (is that an oxymoron??) about dating a fat/BBW (I'm not sure which he dated, as I don't assume), found out he was wrong and now, instead of learning of the woes of assuming he instead assumes again that all fat/BBWs are beneath him for other reasons.
3) Re; "conventionally attractive women who were incredibly intelligent, assertive, outgoing, driven, and successful" - I know a lot of guys that are hesitant to deal with one or more of those attributes in women. Each could have it's own 'would you date...' thread.
4) I am genuinely attracted to BBWs. Married one. Our divorce had nothing to do with weight or attractiveness. I have always appreciated 'rubenesque' women. My childhood heart throbs were Wendy Jo Sperber, Valerie Bertinelli and Delta Burke. Probably because my mom was considered attractive but was a self-centered b*otch.
5) I am not a 'chubby chaser' who considers bigger is always better. Fat ain't where it's at with me. But they're out there too. I went to some BBW dances after I got divorced. I've seen things I wish I could un-see...

Last edited by HipGnosis; 03-14-2014 at 04:56 PM.
#20
Old 03-14-2014, 04:54 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: 7th Level of Hell, Ca
Posts: 16,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
Never say never - sometimes love hits you unexpectedly -
True. Neither love nor attraction are a matter of choice.
#21
Old 03-14-2014, 04:55 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
I agree. Typically I find that women <200lbs try to downplay their weight in descriptions. Once they get past, say, 250 lbs, they're more likely to call themselves a 'BBW' and go full bore in the other direction "I don't care that I'm fat" "weight doesn't matter" "I'm beautiful no matter what". Fine platitudes, but it always tends to sound a little delusional to me.
I am beautiful. No qualifiers needed. And not the least delusional. That YOU don't like some body types does NOT mean that you get to declare their worth.
#22
Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Positive aspects of a fat woman who is comfortable in her skin? She doesn't obsess over what people think of her. She knows there are a lot of guys like the OP. Shallow and self absorbed. Being comfortable in my skin makes me comfortable with my guy. It's not for nothing that big girls have the reputation of being fun to mambo with.
You're under the misconception that human qualities are a zero-sum game and that fat women don't obsess over what people think of them (as opposed to what, a proportionally-thin woman magically being self-conscious because she's thin? ). Plenty of conventionally attractive women are self confident and fun to mambo with. So what does a fat woman offer that a conventionally attractive can't?

If I value overall intelligence and personality, wouldn't it make sense I would value it in a way that people are using it to take care of themselves?
#23
Old 03-14-2014, 04:59 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Lincoln, IL
Posts: 24,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
(What does BBW stand for?)
Bleach Blonde Widow

Beer-Bellied Welder

Blizzard-Braving Wisconsinite

Black Belt Wrestler

Beached Beluga Whale
#24
Old 03-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Guest
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,054
I'm sorry. I voted no, but I thought it stood for Bald-headed Bearded Woman.
#25
Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,305
No; over-weight is a deal-breaker for me. Not skinny and malnourished, either, but I like a woman to be lean, athletic and toned: Anna Ivanovic is probably the hottest woman on the planet.
#26
Old 03-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,933
Slim, butch (but, sometimes annoyingly, looks femme) lesbian weighing in here, no pun intended: I think I must not have a physical type, but only an intellectual, humor, and emotional type. I do tend to give BBW a second glance, though, because their bodies look sexy to me. But when I look back at my lovers (not that there were THAT many), I see that I'll date anyone who's sweet and will make me laugh. If they're curvy, then all the better.

Last edited by tapu; 03-14-2014 at 05:25 PM.
#27
Old 03-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Guest
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 9,335
No. Just as the majority of women (in Western society, anyhow) aren't attracted to men who are shorter than they are, I'm not attracted to women that are larger or bulkier than me.
#28
Old 03-14-2014, 05:26 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 15,111
Never say never, of course, but I doubt it because I'm just not attracted to that look. There are a lot of value judgments in the OP that aren't nearly universally true in my experience.
#29
Old 03-14-2014, 05:28 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfeather View Post
No; over-weight is a deal-breaker for me. Not skinny and malnourished, either, but I like a woman to be lean, athletic and toned: Anna Ivanovic is probably the hottest woman on the planet.
I agree she is quite attractive.
#30
Old 03-14-2014, 05:43 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmwood View Post
No. Just as the majority of women (in Western society, anyhow) aren't attracted to men who are shorter than they are, I'm not attracted to women that are larger or bulkier than me.
I'm not short, but I feel more sympathetic for short guys vs fat women because there's only so much a short guy could do to offset his appearance (wear lifts? get a hi-top fade? ). A person who is overweight can, if motivated, change their appearance. If a fat woman is complaining that society judges her for her weight and feels adversely affected by it, she can do more to rectify the situation than a short guy can.

Of course everyone has their preferences. But everyday people now are getting to the point (at least in the US) where they could pass off as circus attractions 150 years ago. A third of all americans are obese. It still carries a stigma, but I am a little curious if there is more or less of a stigma about obese women in other countries.

Many countries in Europe, for example, have far lower rates of obesity in women than the US does. Would you say people there are more or less into BBWs?
#31
Old 03-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venial Sin City
Posts: 12,443
This term is so loaded and vague as to mean nothing. It can mean from 140 lbs up to 400+ pounds. These "plus size models" that show in the news every few months in the "OMG they have a fat model" stories are usually skinny to average. Marilyn Monroe was skinny as hell. So not sure what people mean in these cases. In the porn world, it can range, just like "MILF" can mean that she's 28. Thus it depends. I agree with some above: anybody who actually calls themselves BBW (worse than being called that) is probably not my type, for all the physical and social implications (especially if paired with "sassy"). Same with "voluptuous."

I believe most guys have a huge disconnect between what they actually like and what they'd admit to your friends. If you reject a pretty woman who is 155 or even more then you're stupid. Christina Hendricks sometimes gets thrown about. Get your eyes checked if you kick her out of your bed.
#32
Old 03-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
This term is so loaded and vague as to mean nothing. It can mean from 140 lbs up to 400+ pounds. These "plus size models" that show in the news every few months in the "OMG they have a fat model" stories are usually skinny to average. Marilyn Monroe was skinny as hell. So not sure what people mean in these cases. In the porn world, it can range, just like "MILF" can mean that she's 28. Thus it depends. I agree with some above: anybody who actually calls themselves BBW (worse than being called that) is probably not my type, for all the physical and social implications (especially if paired with "sassy"). Same with "voluptuous."

I believe most guys have a huge disconnect between what they actually like and what they'd admit to your friends. If you reject a pretty woman who is 155 or even more then you're stupid. Christina Hendricks sometimes gets thrown about. Get your eyes checked if you kick her out of your bed.
Damn. Why so bitter? I like what I like and I have no problem "admitting" that to my friends if it ever came up in conversation. Christina Hendricks has a beautiful face and I love red hair but she's not my type at all. I am not attracted to her (not that she would even begin to give a shit) and my eyes are just fine.
#33
Old 03-14-2014, 06:07 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
This term is so loaded and vague as to mean nothing. It can mean from 140 lbs up to 400+ pounds. These "plus size models" that show in the news every few months in the "OMG they have a fat model" stories are usually skinny to average. Marilyn Monroe was skinny as hell. So not sure what people mean in these cases. In the porn world, it can range, just like "MILF" can mean that she's 28. Thus it depends. I agree with some above: anybody who actually calls themselves BBW (worse than being called that) is probably not my type, for all the physical and social implications (especially if paired with "sassy"). Same with "voluptuous."

I believe most guys have a huge disconnect between what they actually like and what they'd admit to your friends. If you reject a pretty woman who is 155 or even more then you're stupid. Christina Hendricks sometimes gets thrown about. Get your eyes checked if you kick her out of your bed.
In my personal observations, the women that tend to refer to themselves as 'BBW' tend to be very fat (as in 5'2" and 250 lbs, which basically 2x women of average BMI). I really doubt Christina Hendricks would consider herself a 'BBW'.

And the thread's question was, "Would you date a BBW?" as in, have an ongoing relationship. Not "Would you have sex with one". I'm sure a % of men that wouldn't date a BBW would be willing to have sex with one.
#34
Old 03-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 19,025
It seems like every fat/obese woman I know has a husband or boyfriend or recently had a husband or a boyfriend. Everywhere I go I see fat ladies hanging off the arms of guys. So obviously there are plenty of guys who love them some plus-sized ladies.
#35
Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 PM
Guest
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,812
I've dated and married fat women, but they certainly weren't proud of being fat and would have been offended to be called BBW.

Also, if you are into fat chicks because you think it will be easier to relax with them and be less threatened by hypergamy or whatever you want to call it, that hasn't been my experience. A fat chick will still cheat on you with vapid himbos and/or feel entitled to marry a prince or whatever standard thin chicks aspire to. And, of course, the opposite can hold true as well. I don't think there's anything you could generalize about the personality of a woman because of her body size. All the ranges of personalities of represented. Just as a fat slovenly dude can be just as much of a jerk as Bachelor Don Juan Pablo or whatever that guy's name is.
#36
Old 03-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
(What does BBW stand for?)
bounce back woman
#37
Old 03-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Guest
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Boondocks
Posts: 1,054
Engaged to one now and never been happier. She's the complete opposite of everything I've looked for in a woman.
#38
Old 03-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando
Posts: 3,927
Voted no, but without the ugh.
#39
Old 03-14-2014, 07:35 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Santa Barbara, California
Posts: 15,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstro View Post
It seems like every fat/obese woman I know has a husband or boyfriend or recently had a husband or a boyfriend. Everywhere I go I see fat ladies hanging off the arms of guys. So obviously there are plenty of guys who love them some plus-sized ladies.
Um, yeah. That's pretty fucking obvious given that at the time that I am writing this nearly half of the people in this thread have voted "Yes!".

Last edited by hajario; 03-14-2014 at 07:35 PM.
#40
Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Venial Sin City
Posts: 12,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by hajario View Post
Damn. Why so bitter? I like what I like and I have no problem "admitting" that to my friends if it ever came up in conversation. Christina Hendricks has a beautiful face and I love red hair but she's not my type at all. I am not attracted to her (not that she would even begin to give a shit) and my eyes are just fine.
What's this about you? You've never heard a guy(s), no big catch themselves, complain about some minor flaw in a woman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
In my personal observations, the women that tend to refer to themselves as 'BBW' tend to be very fat (as in 5'2" and 250 lbs, which basically 2x women of average BMI). I really doubt Christina Hendricks would consider herself a 'BBW'.
I've never heard a person use it in real life except on the internet, and rarely outside of porn or maybe dating sites. Lots of other self-deprecating or often-negative-but-proud-here terms, but not that one. And as this thread (anecdotally) indicates, it's not a widespread term. The point is: I don't believe there is much meaning to the terms that people use as it may vary drastically; for some many are synonymous, for some there might be categories.

Half the stories about Hendricks have to make it out to be how she's special for not conforming to Hollywood beauty. I'd she she weighs more than the average woman, but half her weight is in her chest.
#41
Old 03-14-2014, 07:52 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,933
I'm surprised at how many of you guys have an anti-fat thing. I don't think anyone can help what they're attracted to, though. ("There's no accounting for taste," in the original sense.)

This same concept has come up for me, though, elsewhere. Like, I find I'm really only attracted to someone from my own culture. No foreigners. Is that weird?
#42
Old 03-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Guest
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
I'm surprised at how many of you guys have an anti-fat thing. I don't think anyone can help what they're attracted to, though. ("There's no accounting for taste," in the original sense.)

This same concept has come up for me, though, elsewhere. Like, I find I'm really only attracted to someone from my own culture. No foreigners. Is that weird?
I just came to type that. I'm very surprised the results are so even.

In my experience BBW doesn't....generally....mean fat or obese. When I think of BBW, I think of say, large burlesque dancers. Women with pretty faces and features that are large but proportional to each other. Busty women with wide hips. That sort of thing.

Or maybe I'm just not even bothering to look at the fat ugly girls on BBW forums....ERRRRRRRR...I mean, in my younger days of internet research.
#43
Old 03-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Guest
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmwood View Post
No. Just as the majority of women (in Western society, anyhow) aren't attracted to men who are shorter than they are, I'm not attracted to women that are larger or bulkier than me.
Oddly enough though we see cute girls with fat guys* all the time. I think it's some kind of daddy issue.

* No I don't mean The King of Queens trope.
#44
Old 03-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Guest
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Emerald City South
Posts: 2,207
No, I could not date a fat gal. Fat turns me off. I have never seen a woman who was too skinny to appeal to me (a skinny gal might be unappealing to me in many ways, but being too skinny would not be one of them).
#45
Old 03-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: NJ, Exit #137
Posts: 11,871
I hate the term BBW. Loathe it. Despise it. It's obnoxious when people use it to describe themselves, and even more obnoxious when people use it as a euphemism for "fat." In the former case, it smacks of being defensive about being fat and it's just rude to call yourself "beautiful" anyway. In the latter case, it's a transparent attempt to butter up the fat women, or at least pander to their delusions in an attempt to be polite. "Beautiful" does not follow from "big." A woman may be big and beautiful, but it's much more likely that she's big and average-looking or big and ugly. And when a guy says to me "I just love BBWs," that means he sees me as a fat chick and not a chick who is fat. It's not a compliment.

Incubus - I know you were trying to be polite by phrasing the OP like that, but you obviously don't think big women are automatically beautiful. I liked your OP overall, by the way.

My preferred euphemism for myself would be plus-sized. It's pretty objective and value neutral. I shop in the plus-size section the store. That's a fact. But you can call me big, fat, overweight, heavy, clinically obese, whatever. It's all accurate, and as long as you're not using it as an insult I don't care. And you can call me beautiful if you think I am. But please don't call me a BBW.

Quote:
I'm sure a % of men that wouldn't date a BBW would be willing to have sex with one.
That's for sure. There's no shortage of guys who want to schtupp me, but fewer that try to get me to have real romantic relationships with them. Then again, that could be more because of my weird-ass personality than the size of my waistline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Accident View Post
Engaged to one now and never been happier. She's the complete opposite of everything I've looked for in a woman.
That's a top-notch username-post combo!
#46
Old 03-14-2014, 08:54 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
I'm surprised at how many of you guys have an anti-fat thing. I don't think anyone can help what they're attracted to, though. ("There's no accounting for taste," in the original sense.)

This same concept has come up for me, though, elsewhere. Like, I find I'm really only attracted to someone from my own culture. No foreigners. Is that weird?
You're right, people like what they like. Though in the case of BBWs, I often wonder the reason guys like them is different than the reason they think they like them.

Maybe a man is attracted to a BBW because he honestly thinks they are going to be an easy lay/relationship. He might assume a BBW is more 'desperate' than a conventionally attractive woman, and have a smaller dating pool. That guy has less other guys to compete for her interest, so its more likely he'll have sex or get into a relationship. But maybe the guy isn't consciously doing this- it would be embarassing for him to admit that he's only having sex with a fat woman because its 'easier'. So he concludes its because of her personality, or something he thinks fat women have over thin women (mass?)

Then there's the Silver Medal theory. This is the idea that if presented with a choice between two women who are more or less equal in personality, intelligence, kindness, motivation, etc, maybe he'll pick the conventionally attractive one. But if that woman is out of his league or simply not interested in him, he's willing to settle for option B(BW). Its not neccessarilly that the BBW was 'inferior', but, like the first example, more accessible to the guy. So she's his Silver Medal. But since nobody likes the idea of 'settling' or having someone else 'settle for' them, nobody wants to admit to themselves this is happening. Again, they rationalize it by coming up with some alternate theory.

How many politicians, celebrities, scholars, or atheletes are married to a BBW? Very few, I would guess; certainly fewer than the percentage of obese women in the population ( about 1/3 of all women in the US). If their size really wasn't an issue, don't you think you would see a more even distribution? Conversely, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a higher than average rate of men married to BBWs in lower income categories, since we do know there's a correlation between wealth and weight.
#47
Old 03-14-2014, 08:56 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 1,114
I thought the bigger than average women in the Dove advertising campaign were attractive. I also thought Wendy Jo Sperber was hot. I wouldn't date anyone now since I'm married, but I probably would have dated someone bigger than average but not obese. Btw, my wife is curvy but not overweight.
#48
Old 03-14-2014, 08:58 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
Green Bean, weren't you married for a little while? Obviously that guy was willing to have a relationship with you.

'Plus Size' is a much broader category. Isn't dress sizes at 14+ considered plus size?
#49
Old 03-14-2014, 09:06 PM
BANNED
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 5,891
The women in the Dove ads are conspicuously lacking stomach rolls, back boobs, floppy arm wings, cellulite, stretch marks, consicuous double chins, those little red spots chunky women seem to get on their upper arms, and dark patches around their armpits and inner thighs. The photos are obviously done in such a way to look as flattering as possible (not that conventionally attractive models don't have a lot of 'movie magic' done to them in ads)
#50
Old 03-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Evanstonia
Posts: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Maybe a man is attracted to a BBW because he honestly thinks they are going to be an easy lay/relationship. He might assume a BBW is more 'desperate' than a conventionally attractive woman, and have a smaller dating pool. That guy has less other guys to compete for her interest, so its more likely he'll have sex or get into a relationship. But maybe the guy isn't consciously doing this- it would be embarassing for him to admit that he's only having sex with a fat woman because its 'easier'. So he concludes its because of her personality, or something he thinks fat women have over thin women (mass?)
No, I like them because I like big tits and a big ass and those things usually come with bigger girl. Is that so hard to believe?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: oregon scratch tickets turey tekina freemasons benefits school strap diy sex stool kma-367 conflicting schedule duplicate title illinois xfinity vs dish lobster bib female fuhrer snorting water so hot that rusty brakes blonde monkeys kimchee pot halibut prices call mouse standard truss spacing water polo cap yellow-bellied ford taurus battery cat attacking rat monteagle grade tourneau return policy hour back pure price scion pdc phone books bloodborne message board greyhound bus safe eye wax spark plugs oily masters degree programs that do not require a bachelor degree blind and deaf dog quality of life dinah shore's black baby is propane safe to use indoors pour some shook up ramen koo koo ka choo knee brace over pants one bright day in the middle of the night meaning pre packaged bread mixes what if one conjoined twin dies what does do me a solid mean when do donna and josh get together how to get a deck of cards in a bottle funny names for homes what does fire for effect mean priests vow of poverty what does runny egg yolk taste like why are magazines curved windows media player sucks mica sheet home depot ambien show on drug test why are hospitals cold quitting smoking anxiety attacks use drano in dishwasher ac fan on or auto will mold die without moisture sharp pain in scalp are b cups small tub surrounds at home depot open garage door broken spring what does the cherry emoji mean what is a styptic pencil