Old 09-25-2014, 04:53 PM
Where can I get a stapler for dartboards?

My dartboards would last a lot longer if I could staple the spider back on after the staples pop out. They are special staples and I can't seem to find a stapler that takes them. I have checked Ebay, Amazon, Rakuten, Sports Authority, and a local game room supply store.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boffking View Post
My dartboards would last a lot longer if I could staple the spider back on after the staples pop out. They are special staples and I can't seem to find a stapler that takes them. I have checked Ebay, Amazon, Rakuten, Sports Authority, and a local game room supply store.
Try an air stapler.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:28 PM
I suspect a narrow crown stapler or an upholstery stapler is what you are looking for.

A tool store is the place to look. Most will be air tools but you can find electric models as well.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:29 PM
Why do you need a stapler to install staples ? Just hammer them in.

Staplers are for speed -if you have the time you can go it manually with common tools..
eg a hammer.

A staple that is merely two nails joined by a bridge. The bridge is there to spread the load over the larger area .. or length..or cross sectional area... however you want to measure it. Spreading the load is required to ensure an easily torn (or stretched) material doesn't just tear or stretch at the nail point. How to install a nail ? with a hammer. How to install two nails ? With one hammer ! Maybe fashion a staple holder out of wood to help the hammer hit the staple square .. so as it doesn't bend the bridge. But like, just hit the staple gently and it will go in without bending.

If there are serrations on the staples nail shafts, they are to help the staple grip into the dart board material. But you know with all the darts going in, the material starts to loosen up and the staples pop out anyway...

Oh yeah staples are designed to make it fast.. so its fast built.. how about buy better quality dart boards ?

Go to look at how better quality dart boars are made.
How about use longer staples and fold the tails over at the back. Or use wire to stitch it on. Tie the wire at the back to keep the front neat.

Last edited by Isilder; 09-25-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Oic ..the curved head staples to hold the wire lattice ("spider" in darts I see ) on. (I was thinking they were staples to hold the board together. )

The trouble is the front surface of the dart boat is made all soft by the darts, its too hard to get a new staple or nail to grip. Once the staples have started coming out, you have to go all the way through to the back .

Here's how someone else replaced the staples . He used wire stitch the spider back on.

He used extra metal (in his case, nails, but he didn't hammer them in, and the fact they were nails was not important. !) at the back to ensure spread the load..

http://dartsnutz.net/archive/ind...read-3132.html

Last edited by Isilder; 09-25-2014 at 09:41 PM.