Old 10-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Charter Member
Yahoo mail on iPhone: how to de-flag?

Every now and then, an e/mail on Yahoo shows up in a "flagged" category, with a little orange flag, on a different line from the in-box.

What's up with that? How can I remove the flag and get it back into the in-box?
Old 10-02-2014, 06:02 PM
If you're on iOS 8
From the inbox, swipe the email to the left. Tap the orange "Unflag" button.
Flagged emails should appear in both the inbox of the account they were sent to and the inbox called "Flagged" (I'm pretty sure, anyway), so your flagged emails should still be in their account inboxes.

If don't want to have a Flagged inbox at all go to Mailboxes > Edit (at the top right) > uncheck the blue circle next to "Flagged."
Old 10-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Charter Member
Hmm. I don't get an "unflag" option if I swipe it, just "delete". If I delete from the "flagged" box, it also deletes from the inbox.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Charter Member
Ah, but the "unmark" option does work. I don't have a "flagged" inbox anymore. Where did it come from in the first place, I wonder?
Old 10-03-2014, 02:05 AM
You might have accidentally flagged it yourself originally without realizing it.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:47 AM
Charter Member
How would I have done that?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Just by accidentally tapping the flag button somehow. For example, in iOS 8, the "Flag" button is right next to the "Trash" button, so you could easily flag an email instead of deleting it particularly if you're in a rush or just quickly going through a lot of emails and you might not even notice it.

I'm fairly sure flagging can only be done by the recipient. In other words, I couldn't send you a pre-flagged email.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Charter Member
Got it! Thanks for your help.