Old 06-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Has anyone here ever ordered anything from Evine? (ShopNBC/ShopHQ)
Old 06-05-2015, 08:27 PM
Purchased one item from the Skinn line.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Were you pretty satisfied? Shipping speed ok? Etc? I'm a bit of a jewelry fancier and have been thinking of ordering from them. Some of the stuff they were having on earlier today was nice. They had some unusual stones that I have yet to have in my collection.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:43 PM
Been a while but recall shipping was somewhat slow. Packaging was nothing fancy. Others, who shopped at the same time (TTV event), were receiving their items in couple days and mine took over week (MN > CA). But I've seen reviews which mentioned many getting their purchases very quickly. Hopefully others, with more buying experience, will reply
Old 06-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by govgirl View Post
A couple of people said LR was shallow, and should be doing more with her life than posting pics of her vacations, food, etc. It was quite a lengthy debate, with half the posters agreeing and the other half (her tribe) running down those that said anything negative about the former beauty queen. Then shots were fired against the tribe telling them they were such idiots for wanting to be like their queen and that they too should "get a life" which naturally brought return fire to those negative posters that if they didn't like LR, they certainly had their nerve to be following her on FB, and that these terrible people should be banned from her page. And now the negative comments have been removed and we're back to only praise for our dear Duchess. Could it be that maybe some of her frenemies from the Q are stirring up the dust on LR's FB page, ha, ha?
Thanks for the update. She is getting nailed again for those ridiculous shoes she posted earlier. Some of the comments are hysterical. I love the comment about her feet being orange.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Charter Member
I posted this to her FB page:

"You need to be more careful with the sunless tanner. Your feet are orange. And you're too old for those shoes. I'm sure your leg-humpers will come and attack me now. Dog forbid, I said something bad about their queen."

Let the nasty comments begin.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 PM
I don't like the agism inherent in the statement that she shouldn't wear those shoes because of her age. At what age do we have to stop wearing high heels? What else can we not do? Wear makeup? Can I still have sex at my age? I hear a lot of people expressing disgust that people over 40 still have active sex lives. Can you give me a list of things I'm still permitted to do and at what age I have to stop? I somehow missed the memo.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 PM
I get the feeling that Lisa might be working with HSN on a future endeavor. She's always in Tampa, and she's there again, so I'm wondering if she's working on a line of clothing and accessories and that she'll be the OAP.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:57 AM
I had to check out the shoes, wow she doesn't disappoint. The espadrille sandal version of the ridiculous clod hoppers she'd wear and clomp around the set in. I love a beautiful espadrille wedge during the warmer months but if I wore anything with a heel that high I'd break my ankle walking across the parking lot. They look exaggerated and ridiculous.

Last edited by EmilyNewhart; 06-06-2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:23 AM
Klovestoshop....I think it was mentioned, upthread, that LR, having to 'lower' herself to OAP, would never fly. Too much of a diva and can't see her deferring to someone else, on set. When she did GILI, she was both host and OAP, but could never see her, now, in Jill Martin's role.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Haven't ordered from EVINE lately, but before the last 2 name changes, I ordered several pieces of jewelry. Nice stuff, but had problems with a few of the pieces breaking. Was coming here to post that those of you who watched Charla Rhines about 2 name changes ago -- she's back as a rep for Isomers! She was a host who pretty much had no filter and was let go when the host sweep took place. Interesting how a lot of the former hosts are returning to Evine, and won't be surprised if Wes McCoy doesn't show up at some point.

But back to your point -- have my eye on some Kate & Mallory fashion pieces that I'll probably order. IMO, prices at Evine on fashions are much, much better than the Q's.

Last edited by govgirl; 06-06-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phèdre nó Delaunay View Post
I don't like the agism inherent in the statement that she shouldn't wear those shoes because of her age. At what age do we have to stop wearing high heels? What else can we not do? Wear makeup? Can I still have sex at my age? I hear a lot of people expressing disgust that people over 40 still have active sex lives. Can you give me a list of things I'm still permitted to do and at what age I have to stop? I somehow missed the memo.
Yeah, you're right. I'm 50 and I still wear rather young clothes. I think I was really just trying to annoy her minions. You should wear whatever makes you feel good.

I wouldn't want my mother wearing those shoes though. If she fell off them, she may break a hip.

Last edited by Honey; 06-06-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
Yeah, you're right. I'm 50 and I still wear rather young clothes. I think I was really just trying to annoy her minions. You should wear whatever makes you feel good.

I wouldn't want my mother wearing those shoes though. If she fell off them, she may break a hip.
I just want people to wear what makes them happy! (Except pajamas in public! That's just wrong! )
Old 06-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Haven't ordered from EVINE lately, but before the last 2 name changes, I ordered several pieces of jewelry. Nice stuff, but had problems with a few of the pieces breaking...

But back to your point -- have my eye on some Kate & Mallory fashion pieces that I'll probably order. IMO, prices at Evine on fashions are much, much better than the Q's.
Hmmm, maybe I won't dive in to the jewelry. They have some unusual stones I haven't seen anywhere else. *sigh*

Agreed about the fashions, I've seen some cute stuff. I may take the plunge one of these days. Also they carry a handbag line that looks nice when they present it: Madi Claire. Also Anushchka! Gorgeous! On the higher end price wise, but so pretty.

Uhhhh...snark: I was taking a peek at JTV. Honestly I just can't watch too much. Vicarious embarrassment. It's like they are using a home video camera in someone's garage and they drove over the the local trailer park to see if anyone wanted to be on the TEE Vee to talk about jewelry. Ugh. Doesn't inspire me to hand them my money.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:43 PM
I started watching evine just before it's most recent name change so have little history with them. But their jewelry pieces, which I have no need for, and thus, won't be buying, are definitely more interesting and unique than anything on the Q or HSN. I'm not a fan of bugs, dead or alive, but there was a recent neckline, in the vein if JoanR's bees, which had large winged somethings, and it was appealing in a quirky way. Workmanship appeared clean, sturdy, and it was priced very reasonably. Might fall apart after one wearing but takes a lot for jewelry to even get a second look from me and that was kind of intriguing.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Speaking of jewelry with winged things, has anyone seen Kirk's Folly lately? Have they been discontinued? I used to enjoy watching their shows. I never ordered, but it was fun watching them blow all that glitter around. It would be a shame if they discontinued such a long running line.
Old 06-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Kirk's Folly went out of business. Never watched the shows, but seem to remember that Judy Crowell dressed up like a fairy or some such character. Am I right about that? (TM Isaac)
Old 06-06-2015, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Kirk's Folly went out of business. Never watched the shows, but seem to remember that Judy Crowell dressed up like a fairy or some such character. Am I right about that? (TM Isaac)
Awww I hate to hear it. I guess most viewers were like me, watching but not buying. She used to dress up her granddaughters in wings and things like that. She'd blow glitter around the set at the callers as if it would go through the camera and out their TV sets. Very kitchy, but fun and silly at the same time. The jewelry was cheap costume stuff, but pretty in an over-the-top sort of way. The clothing was boho, hippy sort of things. Flow-y chiffon. Drapey. That sort of thing.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Lisa has a new selfie posted on her FB page and you have to read the comments from her tribe. I doubt if cult leaders get that kind of adoration. Checked out some of the comments posted from her shoe story and one tribal gal actually wrote that nothing negative is allowed to be posted about LR. Some of these people need some serious therapy.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Speaking of jewelry with winged things, has anyone seen Kirk's Folly lately? Have they been discontinued? I used to enjoy watching their shows. I never ordered, but it was fun watching them blow all that glitter around. It would be a shame if they discontinued such a long running line.
I used to sit and watch the Kirks shows for hours. I loved that whimsical stuff.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
I used to sit and watch the Kirks shows for hours. I loved that whimsical stuff.
Same. I always thought I'd eventually order one of those moons. Now I'm kicking myself
Old 06-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Hmmm, maybe I won't dive in to the jewelry. They have some unusual stones I haven't seen anywhere else. *sigh*

Agreed about the fashions, I've seen some cute stuff. I may take the plunge one of these days. Also they carry a handbag line that looks nice when they present it: Madi Claire. Also Anushchka! Gorgeous! On the higher end price wise, but so pretty.

Uhhhh...snark: I was taking a peek at JTV. Honestly I just can't watch too much. Vicarious embarrassment. It's like they are using a home video camera in someone's garage and they drove over the the local trailer park to see if anyone wanted to be on the TEE Vee to talk about jewelry. Ugh. Doesn't inspire me to hand them my money.
About shopping at Evine: I've shopped there for years, since way back before the recession when their name was ValueVision. (Their next two names were ShopNBC and ShopHQ.) The jewelry has always been very good. I never had to return anything. Haven't shopped a lot there since they became Evine, just because I was cutting back on shopping, but got some nice earrings from them last December, and ordered a couple of rings on sale today. In my experience their shipping time is good, not better or worse than other places I order from.

I'm a big fan of JTV. Don't be put off by their unsophisticated shows or Southern accents. (I'm a Southerner myself and I probably sound exactly like them.) You can save a lot of money there. They have great prices on jewelry, and I've gotten some wonderful things. If you don't like watching the TV shows, you can browse the website for specific things you are interested in. They have many items on the website that you seldom or never see on TV (like "Web only" specials), including 14K jewelry.

JTV has a large inventory of loose gemstones too. I enjoy watching their loose gemstone shows for the educational value. I've only ordered one loose stone from them, an orange Mexican fire opal, and it was excellent quality. I had it set in a ring.

As much as I like JTV, I do feel snarky about the hosts sometimes. Some of them wear way too much contouring makeup, heavy eyeliner and hair extensions. And they all spend too much time urging us to post on their Facebook pages. They need to understand that some of us choose not to have Facebook accounts.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 AM
Just to let all of you know.....Lisa's ugly ass clodhopper shoes are on sale at Neiman Marcus for $476.00!!! Regular price is $595.00. What a deal!!! Feel free to buy more than one pair!!! Lisa is totally insane!!! I'm no psychologist but there is something missing in Lisa's life and she is trying to feel that void with material objects. She really needs to use her money to see a shrink so that she can figure out why she is so insecure. PS and BTW....the shoes are by Jimmy Choo just in case you want to find/buy them online! LOL
Old 06-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Same. I always thought I'd eventually order one of those moons. Now I'm kicking myself
Check Ebay. I remember seeing some stuff for sale there.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:51 AM
About Kirk's Folly: They are still in business. They have a Facebook page, and they said they are on QVC in the U.K. They posted that you can watch their next shows online at qvcuk.com on June 8 at 12 noon and 11 p.m. U.K. time. That would be 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. U.S. time, according to their post.
https://facebook.com/KirksFolly

Amazon has a lot of KF jewelry. There is also some available on Etsy and eBay. KF has a website, kirksfolly.com, but they don't have a store on the site.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:05 PM
OMG, now LR is promoting a MLM protein powder on Facebook. I wonder how many of her tribe will get involved in this pyramid scheme?
Old 06-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecup View Post
About Kirk's Folly: They are still in business. They have a Facebook page, and they said they are on QVC in the U.K. They posted that you can watch their next shows online at qvcuk.com on June 8 at 12 noon and 11 p.m. U.K. time. That would be 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. U.S. time, according to their post.

Amazon has a lot of KF jewelry. There is also some available on Etsy and eBay. KF has a website, kirksfolly.com, but they don't have a store on the site.
I wonder why their website is basically a "Goodbye, thank you for your business"?
Old 06-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
OMG, now LR is promoting a MLM protein powder on Facebook. I wonder how many of her tribe will get involved in this pyramid scheme?
everyone is buying this product! if you click the link on the bottom it says this store is owned by Eric mcgee
Old 06-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecup View Post

Nope, sadly they've retired. I can't find the specific announcement but this post is from Oct. 29 last year and it's pretty clear from this and especially the comments that they've retired.

https://facebook.com/KirksFolly/...53758903783539

Here's another where someone was asking what's up and they respond that they've closed. https://facebook.com/KirksFolly/...54047861888539

So sad.
Old 06-08-2015, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Nope, sadly they've retired. I can't find the specific announcement but this post is from Oct. 29 last year and it's pretty clear from this and especially the comments that they've retired.

https://facebook.com/KirksFolly/...53758903783539

Here's another where someone was asking what's up and they respond that they've closed. https://facebook.com/KirksFolly/...54047861888539

So sad.
Thanks for the information. I had the impression they were still operating in a downsized way. I was wrong about that.

I wasn't a KF customer, but I enjoyed watching their shows on QVC. So much fun! I know many people loved their jewelry.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:27 AM
Lisa is promoting Eric's pyramid scheme so that he can earn some extra cash so maybe he can pickup the tab for some of their activities. I bet she gets pissed off having to pay every time they go out.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Way to treat you loyal "tribe" by sucking them into a MLM scheme
Old 06-09-2015, 10:23 AM
In case you all missed the big announcement on PMS last night: Aussie Liam and blonde model Stacey (the one whose leg he draws on for Vionic) are expecting a baby boy together. And Shawn is off on another vacation this weekend; said her head is already there. Won't get an argument from me about that!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:14 PM
Quote:
And Shawn is off on another vacation this weekend
Maybe she'll just STAY there. #in my dreams
Old 06-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj View Post
everyone is buying this product! if you click the link on the bottom it says this store is owned by Eric mcgee
WTF!?!? That tribe needs some serious counseling. Everything LR owns or does the tribe follows suit. LR posted a pic of a blouse she's been wearing and now all tribe members are ordering it. Even her biggest fan Lois Fenton who is 80 years old bought one online (Saks $250). LR is going to send the entire tribe into bankruptcy. I have to admit I am highly entertained reading LR's FB page.
Old 06-09-2015, 06:48 PM
AND, why do LR's eyes always look so f'd up in her pics?? Makes her look so creepy.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:12 PM
She just posted a pic in her new sunglasses and someone posted that everyone in the tribe should get a pair!
Old 06-11-2015, 01:26 PM
La Lisa is off on a road trip with Courtney tomorrow. Does this woman ever stay home? And I would shoot myself if I had to take a road trip with Courtney. That whiny voice of hers irritates me to no end. I would have to shove her out of the moving car going 80 mph down the interstate.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipLiner View Post
La Lisa is off on a road trip with Courtney tomorrow. Does this woman ever stay home? And I would shoot myself if I had to take a road trip with Courtney. That whiny voice of hers irritates me to no end. I would have to shove her out of the moving car going 80 mph down the interstate.
Maybe that's the plan!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:21 PM
You folks will appreciate this.

I was just now reading an article about bad beauty trends of the 2000s and one of the top ten was chunky highlights in your hair. The article's author roundly condemned it, saying it had never flattered anyone and was so glaringly out of style that it would age you immediately.

Yoo hoosie, Shawnie Sue??? You listening???
Old 06-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillownedbysetters View Post
You folks will appreciate this.

I was just now reading an article about bad beauty trends of the 2000s and one of the top ten was chunky highlights in your hair. The article's author roundly condemned it, saying it had never flattered anyone and was so glaringly out of style that it would age you immediately.

Yoo hoosie, Shawnie Sue??? You listening???
You should totally post it to thawn's FB page!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Mary Beth posted on her Q Beauty Forum blog pics from her son's wedding reception. It's probably killing LR that she wasn't able to touch-up these pics and erase the bags and wrinkles under her eyes.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingersmama View Post
Mary Beth posted on her Q Beauty Forum blog pics from her son's wedding reception. It's probably killing LR that she wasn't able to touch-up these pics and erase the bags and wrinkles under her eyes.
I think that's some bad, BAD lighting. They all look like hell in those pictures. Thawn looks even more horrible than usual, and that's saying something! I think Gabrielle is the only one in those pix that doesn't look over 100 years old.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:36 PM
It looks like a couple of the pics were touched up with an app. Especially the one of Erika & Maria McCool. I thought most of the ladies looked pretty good.
The one of LR is scary-looking with the gummy smile and hideous lip liner.
Pat's daughter needs a root touch up big time ��
Old 06-12-2015, 09:20 PM
New post from David T. Cole on the other board. Basically you can't talk about anyone or anything . I posted the following: Hello, How are you? I am fine? I'll probably get busted for it.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntCarol View Post
New post from David T. Cole on the other board. Basically you can't talk about anyone or anything . I posted the following: Hello, How are you? I am fine? I'll probably get busted for it.
I replied to you there. We may get banned together.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:04 PM
Quote:
New post from David T. Cole on the other board.
I'm confused. From what I saw, a poster named ShopHawk, who's not a Mod, just quoted Moderator's frenchtoast's stickied post from the top of the forum. I'm not seeing anything new or updated or any comment from a Mod.

Didn't connect the 'Hello, how are you?' to that. Someone clue me in as I'm obviously missing something.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:20 PM
Well, this helps clear up my confusion. (For those who've not yet received notice of latest PTV posts...)

ShopHawk:

Quote:
Sorry for reposting French toast post above!!! Idk what the hell I did! ��
Old 06-13-2015, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntCarol View Post
I saw those posts.

If you think the mods are overbearing on the shopping channel thread, go look at the "Shows" threads for the Duggars' show, 19 Kids and Counting. They posted a list of rules on what you cannot say in your posts. No speculation about Josh Duggar's psychological issues, and about a dozen other no-nos, all of which are the EXACT things people most want to discuss! I don't see why they even have those threads if nobody is allowed to say anything except bland stuff like "Gee, what an awful situation, I hope the girls will be all right."

Anybody notice the irony in DC's post about the new forum layout? It was a long complicated post about how they need to find new placement on the screen for the ads, and they need to have a certain number of posts on the threads for the ads to be effective, or something like that. So if they need for people to make all these posts in order for their ad strategy to work, then why drive people away with such heavy-handed moderation?
Old 06-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Tunics

I purchased two similar tunics. Both white with embroidery around the neck. One from Lands End and one from Louis del Olio on QVC. QVC one was $45.00. Lands End $59.00.

Boy, what a difference. Louis' tee was hands down the favorite. It was so well made. Had pockets. I love pockets . The material was substantial. Almost so much I wondered if it would be too warm for central CA. The Lands End tunic was so thin..bordering on Logo thin.

I've complained before that the Lands End polo shirts have gotten progressively thinner over the years. But I was totally surprised how much better the QVC tunic was. I own a Louis del Olio jacket and it is so well made. I'm going to have to watch his shows more often.