Old 02-09-2015, 01:52 AM
Ever get revenge on a bad neighbor?

I have seen postings where people talked about bad neighbors and talked about getting revenge on them. I have often heard suggestions, but I'd be interested in people saying what they did to seek revenge on a bad neighbor, what was the outcome and how did you feel about it? Was the revenge satisfactory to you? Or did it leave you feeling worse?

I'm not talking about anything dangerous or illegal.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:09 AM
(reported for forum change)
Old 02-09-2015, 03:47 AM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing
Moderator Action

Since this is informally polling for personal experiences and seeking opinions, let's move it to our opinion forum.

Moving thread from General Questions to In My Humble Opinion.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:59 AM
Not revenge exactly. Just a decent management company. There were a few calls to police regarding the couple living below me. Calls from me twice and at least one other by a different neighbor. I made sure management knew and that they were an ongoing nuisance at times that didn't necessitate police. Management disallowed lease renewal and told them to move. Bye bye bitches.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:35 AM
I was living in an apartment building with assigned parking spots. One day, my spot was taken. I knocked on every door in the building, and finally, on the top floor, my question, "Are you parked in spot #2?" was answered with a hostile, "So what?"

I cannot tell you what pleasure it gave me to be able to say, "Your lights are on."

(I was being truthful. He went sprinting downstairs (no elevator), and he was not the sprinting type.)

He didn't thank me, but he did move his car and never parked there again.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Years ago in my "previous life" my then-boyfriend and I moved into a townhouse. When I politely introduced myself to the next door neighbour she looked me up & down and sneered "You're just not going to fit in around here." (Mind you, this was a lower-income neighbourhood, certainly not upper class or anything.) She was just plain nasty to us for no reason. The day we moved out I drained my aquarium and aimed the hose into her garage.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:05 AM
born to be shunned
Around here, parking is tough and in the winter it gets worse. Pittsburgh even has a fine tradition of "parking chairs" - old chairs you put out to save the spot you just cleared.

Several winters back when we got one of our really heavy snows (12+ inches) I cleared a spot in front of my house so I could get the car out of the garage (located on the street behind my house) and pick up some rock salt for myself and my inlaws. I wanted the spot in front so I didn't have to carry the heavy bags through the yard and up our steeper rear steps. Made myself a lovely spot with a pile of snow behind and most of it piled in the front yard. I did NOT in this case put out parking chairs.

Got back to find a pickup truck in the spot. I muttered several things under my breath, put the car in the garage, and then cleared a new parking spot. By loading all the snow in the bed of the truck. Piled about even with the roof. You could hear the springs sagging. Brought my car around front, unloaded it and put it back in the garage.

I knew the neighbor responsible for the truck. Never mentioned it to him or talked about it at all. But that was the last time he vultured a spot I shoveled.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:09 AM
BANNED
I've told this here before, I think, but coming from the receiving end of neighbourly revenge, I always like to remind people that maybe sometimes your neighbour isn't as bad as you think.

I was living in a townhouse complex and had a large, friendly, quiet dog. There were lots of dogs in the neighbourhood, and most of the owners were friendly and responsible. Shortly after moving in, I was walking my dog and she peed on a patch of grass in a large common area where dogs played and peed regularly, and we continued walking. A neighbour saw this happen, and tore a strip off me for not picking up after her. I explained politely and cheerfully that of course I would always pick up her solid waste (and showed my arsenal of baggies) but that she had only peed, so, well, what could I do? The neighbour flat out didn't believe me, and despite the lack of evidence on the lawn, began to glare at me anytime she saw me, and several of her group of buddies did as well. Over the next few months or more, I was approached a couple of times by various neighbours telling me they regularly saw me leaving her crap on the grass, and a couple of notes as well. I started to walk her in a different neighborhood, but still I was being scolded semi-regularly. Finally one day I came home to find dog crap smeared all over my front door and stoop. I'm certain there were some very satisfied neighbours smugly congratulating themselves on their revenge. I cried and felt sad and uncomfortable living there for years.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Lived in North Minneapolis for 11 years. Crazy neighbors next door weren't that bad, just well, the wife had mental health issues and the husband was odd. Just lots of small incidents of bizarre behavior, like hammering on the roof of his garage at 1am then being back out there at 6am. They also had 5 vehicles, only one of which was running.

When I moved into my now ex-wife's house and my house was up for sale, I would go back every week or three to pick up more stuff and check on the place. Their working vehicle was parked slant-wise across *my* driveway, blocking both spots and with the rear bumper about 2" from my garage door, so I couldn't get my stuff out of it. I knocked on their door several times, very loudly. No answer.

So I called the cops. They recommended having the car towed. Which I did.

Last edited by Chimera; 02-09-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:27 AM
I lived next to the neighbor from hell for over 30 years. He was a paranoid schitzophrenic, drug dealing idiot. It went way past wanting revenge, I just wanted him gone. Dead, moved it didn't matter just gone. I stuck pins in a doll and put a curse on him causing a major stroke. The speed he was on might have contributed some also. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by HoneyBadgerDC; 02-09-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:41 AM
1. Reported a neighbor who had weeds growing over 2 feet high in their yard lawn to the city. The city sent notices and when that didn't work, they cut the lawn and sent my neighbor a very high bill. Now he uses a lawn mowing service.

2. Called the cops on a crazy lady neighbor twice. She was jailed and eventually evicted from her home for non-payment.

3. When I lived in an apartment the neighbor upstairs use to have loud parties in the middle of the night. When I asked her to keep it quieter, she told me to go to hell. The building circuit breaker box was in the hallway near to my door so I would just go out and trip the breaker to her stereo. I enjoyed that, but it was a lot of work. So I changed a few of her 15 amp circuit breakers with 10 amp breakers. That helped keep things quieter for the 6 months before I moved out.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:44 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerDC View Post
I lived next to the neighbor from hell for over 30 years. He was a paranoid schitzophrenic, drug dealing idiot. It went way past wanting revenge, I just wanted him gone. Dead, moved it didn't matter just gone. I stuck pins in a doll and put a curse on him causing a major stroke. The speed he was on might have contributed some also. Mission accomplished.
First, remind me not to make you angry.
Second, how do you make a voodoo doll?

Old 02-09-2015, 11:51 AM
This weekend we were out of town and when we came back on Sunday one of our neighbors had turned on our outside faucet to keep the pipe from freezing. Unfortunately they didn't move the hose away from the house and apparently forgot they had turned on our water so our basement had partially flooded when we came home. No revenge is planned because they were trying to be kind but dammit that is kindness I could have done without.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I once had a neighbor from hell. I will not go into the gory details, lets just say the entire neighborhood was praying for them to move. The property was owned by a sweet old lady who had moved in with her son because she really had to. She had rented it to this jerk (kind word).

OK, OK, I will relate one thing that is typical of his actions. He once threw his trash into my bushes in the front yard. He did not just put his trash in my cans, no, into the bushes! He emptied the bags and kept those. I was so pissed off at him that I wanted to confront him. He refused to answer the door when I knocked.

Anyway, I am not sure if this was revenge, but it worked for us. Us being the entire neighborhood. I approached the sweet old lady about her problem renters. It soon became obvious that she could not deal with them. She did not have the strength.

After talking it over with my wife, I offered to buy her house for fair market value. She gladly accepted, I promptly evicted the jerk. I wish you-all could have seen his face when I served the papers. Priceless!

My neighbors became my defacto property managers, I never advertised and I always had the best renters. If one of my neighbors did not have a renter for me that they had vetted, another did. Worked well for me.

I have done this exact thing twice now. It works.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:58 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendarii Dame View Post
I was living in an apartment building with assigned parking spots. One day, my spot was taken. I knocked on every door in the building, and finally, on the top floor, my question, "Are you parked in spot #2?" was answered with a hostile, "So what?"

I cannot tell you what pleasure it gave me to be able to say, "Your lights are on."

(I was being truthful. He went sprinting downstairs (no elevator), and he was not the sprinting type.)

You're a better than I am. I wouldn't have told him his lights were on.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:16 PM
Our neighbor installed a fence in her front yard, nice and metal and looking like something you'd put up around the family plot to keep the sheep out. We didn't really like it much, but it's her yard.

We then installed a driveway between our houses, and the guys created a drop-off at the edge of her property, about 8" (houses in our part of St. Paul are elevated about 1' above street level, with a little hill at the edge of the sidewalk, and they cut into that hill to make a more even grade). The pavers extended the asphalt to the base of the little dropoff, so that it wouldn't crack off when we drove on it.

Our neighbor, a professor of law, felt that putting asphalt across the property line was inappropriate and we needed to go chisel it out so that they could do something to avoid the inevitable erosion that would be caused (not really sure what she had in mind, but she never did anything). To enforce her claim, she paid to have the property line surveyed so we could see exactly where the line was. And, yes, part of our asphalt was across the line, so I went out with a chisel and chipped the edge of my new driveway off.

Problem was, her house wasn't square on the lot: the front left corner of it crossed the property line, and that corner of the fence was about 6" across the line. We had her move it. After she was done, it was still across the line, so we kind of kept that as a hole card in case she ever decided to be a bitch again.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:48 PM
I didn't know my neighbor was a paranoid schizophrenic until she went off her meds to have a baby. Spied on me anytime I was at home. Poisoned our plants. Flipped off my grade school son. Just completely lost it if we were ever near the property line. Cleaned up after the dog maybe every two weeks in the dead of summer. The cops were called by someone else and she was taken away for a little rest a couple of times.

We had a white trash party, come as the neighbor you never want to have. I have some epic photos. Which probably wasn't nice, but we were all out of sympathy by then and her husband did nothing to help. They finally moved and we had a little celebration party with cake and ice cream on the porch, watching them load up.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
You're a better than I am. I wouldn't have told him his lights were on.
I would have told them the lights were on, and the rear window was broken.

Not exactly "revenge", but for some reason, when people come and go from the house to the east of me, they leave behind ladders. I've got 3 real nice ladders that were all abandoned at the house next door over the years. Not all from the same occupants.

3 separate times. 3 separate renters. 3 different ladders.

Weird. Weird. Weird.

They were all crappy neighbors, so I had no problem liberating the ladders. I treat them nice.

The current owner snuffed it last Christmas, but no ladder this time!
Old 02-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Charter Member
You stole ladders?
Old 02-09-2015, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
You stole ladders?
"Salvaged."
Old 02-09-2015, 01:32 PM
We like to call it liberating or asset reallocation.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Charter Member
If you live in West Pulaski County, Arkansas, I want my ladder back.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Willys View Post
I once had a neighbor from hell. I will not go into the gory details, lets just say the entire neighborhood was praying for them to move. The property was owned by a sweet old lady who had moved in with her son because she really had to. She had rented it to this jerk (kind word).

OK, OK, I will relate one thing that is typical of his actions. He once threw his trash into my bushes in the front yard. He did not just put his trash in my cans, no, into the bushes! He emptied the bags and kept those. I was so pissed off at him that I wanted to confront him. He refused to answer the door when I knocked.

Anyway, I am not sure if this was revenge, but it worked for us. Us being the entire neighborhood. I approached the sweet old lady about her problem renters. It soon became obvious that she could not deal with them. She did not have the strength.

After talking it over with my wife, I offered to buy her house for fair market value. She gladly accepted, I promptly evicted the jerk. I wish you-all could have seen his face when I served the papers. Priceless!

My neighbors became my defacto property managers, I never advertised and I always had the best renters. If one of my neighbors did not have a renter for me that they had vetted, another did. Worked well for me.

I have done this exact thing twice now. It works.
I'd call this the sweetest kind of revenge. I'm sure most people with bad neighbors wish they could just throw the bums out.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Well, the entire neighborhood is aware of the fact it's their kids and kid's friends that have committed multiple acts of vandalism in the neighboorhood. Effectively they've been shunned by all the neighbors, the rest of whom are really nice, pleasant people.

We all do stuff with each other, help in times of need, I've shared smoked briskets and pork butts with everyone else but they (assholes) get nothing but a cold shoulder. I'm not going to do anything illegal or wrong but these jerks used to attend block parties when they first moved in and I know it bothers them that they're excluded now. Tough.

Last edited by lieu; 02-09-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Eh, just outlive them.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:58 PM
A former next door neighbor would walk his dog only as far as my front yard, knowingly. Didn't bother trying to actually walk him. This went on for a while without us noticing. He never picked anything up. One day I went out there with a glove, picked up everything I could find, and tossed it into his yard.

They moved out after that, but I'm sure that was a coincidence.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Charter Member
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’

In other words, revenge is always a bad idea- other than “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”. It's almost always illegal, and if not, then it's quite likely to go wrong and make you feel horrible or start a cycle of revenge- and those you are getting revenge against hardly ever think they deserve it. Revenge also had a habit of backfiring.

Next few of those that I know who actually got revenge was happy about it. Combine that with the chance of it going wrong- and it's never a good idea.

Of course, you can try to make things right- sue someone for damages, report their illegal activities, and so forth.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:32 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopek View Post
Made myself a lovely spot with a pile of snow behind and most of it piled in the front yard. I did NOT in this case put out parking chairs.

Got back to find a pickup truck in the spot. I muttered several things under my breath, put the car in the garage, and then cleared a new parking spot. By loading all the snow in the bed of the truck. Piled about even with the roof. You could hear the springs sagging.
How was he to know you hadn't just vacated the spot? You agree that you failed to mark it properly as tradition requires.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:34 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elret View Post
I've told this here before, I think, but coming from the receiving end of neighbourly revenge, I always like to remind people that maybe sometimes your neighbour isn't as bad as you think.

I was living in a townhouse complex and had a large, friendly, quiet dog. There were lots of dogs in the neighbourhood, and most of the owners were friendly and responsible. Shortly after moving in, I was walking my dog and she peed on a patch of grass in a large common area where dogs played and peed regularly, and we continued walking. A neighbour saw this happen, and tore a strip off me for not picking up after her. I explained politely and cheerfully that of course I would always pick up her solid waste (and showed my arsenal of baggies) but that she had only peed, so, well, what could I do? The neighbour flat out didn't believe me, and despite the lack of evidence on the lawn, began to glare at me anytime she saw me, and several of her group of buddies did as well. Over the next few months or more, I was approached a couple of times by various neighbours telling me they regularly saw me leaving her crap on the grass, and a couple of notes as well. I started to walk her in a different neighborhood, but still I was being scolded semi-regularly. Finally one day I came home to find dog crap smeared all over my front door and stoop. I'm certain there were some very satisfied neighbours smugly congratulating themselves on their revenge. I cried and felt sad and uncomfortable living there for years.
Great example!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Not so much revenge but karma.

Living in the city can be a crap shoot for who your neighbors are. Next door was a three family house. Owner on first floor, rentals on 2nd and third.

Inevitably the renters were to blame. Loud music all times of the day; all night parties; drug buyers at all times of the day banging on the door and yelling; barking dogs; filthy dog owners.

Calls to the police typically forced the owner to make the renters leave.

The owner died a couple years back, and the son took ownership, it went downhill fast. The last two years of renters were drugged out partiers, bike gunners, drunk yellers, and one of the last renters had a dog that WOULD NOT SHUT UP!

Calls to the police fixed some of it, but the dog, oh the dog. Filthy conditions, overfed, underfed and it would not shut up. The dog officer finally fined them $250 for noise ordinance when I called the night before at 3am because the dog would not shut up, and the officer heard the dog on the phone.

They kept the dog in the house, and it quieted down for a while. Then they moved the dog into the front room with all the windows open so the dog's barking could ECHO OUT OF THE HOUSE.

On the second or third night of this, we were losing our mind and determined to call a lawyer, the person on the third floor threw a cigarette out his window onto the second floor porch roof, and it caught fire.

Now, I am thankful no one got hurt. The damage was limited to the front of the house, mostly exterior. The owner was broke, he had no insurance, the house had all kinds of code violations. The city deemed it unlivable.

They are all gone. For the first time in 16 years, it has been a quiet 6-8 months. We're selling soon, so IF anyone buys it, we'll be gone.

The only sad part is that the owner stole all the tools that the guy on the third floor had stored in the garage.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:02 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
You agree that you failed to mark it properly as tradition requires.
I never heard of that, but it rarely snows here.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:10 PM
Quote:
You stole ladders?
Well, that could be one interpretation.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist View Post
"Salvaged."
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolatt View Post
I prefer these!

Quote:
If you live in West Pulaski County, Arkansas, I want my ladder back.
That wasn't me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool in the Rain View Post
Not so much revenge but karma.
That's how I see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool in the Rain View Post
The only sad part is that the owner stole all the tools that the guy on the third floor had stored in the garage.
Any ladders in there?
Old 02-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Quote:
... - other than “Living Well Is the Best Revenge”.
I find this to be a satisfying philosophy on quite a number of different levels.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu View Post
Well, the entire neighborhood is aware of the fact it's their kids and kid's friends that have committed multiple acts of vandalism in the neighboorhood. Effectively they've been shunned by all the neighbors, the rest of whom are really nice, pleasant people.

We all do stuff with each other, help in times of need, I've shared smoked briskets and pork butts with everyone else but they (assholes) get nothing but a cold shoulder. I'm not going to do anything illegal or wrong but these jerks used to attend block parties when they first moved in and I know it bothers them that they're excluded now. Tough.
You don't live in Peekskill do you?
Old 02-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
That wasn't me!
If the 16' multi position I bought from the neighbor's moving sale is liberated from my garage, I'm coming looking for you. What the hell do you do with all those ladders, fence them?
Old 02-09-2015, 04:15 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48Willys View Post
OK, OK, I will relate one thing that is typical of his actions. He once threw his trash into my bushes in the front yard.
I had one that pretty much did that. For years prior, he kept trying to draw me into whacky extremest FOX News type conversations when I'd walk by. After years of nodding at his ridiculous crap, he finally decided I wasn't his cup of Tea Party
when I started walking away from him in the middle of his loud political rants. (Bonus Points: he'd usually be standing on My front lawn while he gave them.) Then came the summer when Bill O'Reilly was urging the Tea Party Faithful to riot and
disrupt town hall meetings. This guy, who was a small-time politician, was upset that his ranting buddies kept getting dragged away from town hall meetings in cuffs... and decided that it was All MY Fault.

So, he started putting his garbage in front of my house. He started doing it when I wasn't around. I saw it and my wife pleaded with me not to ring his doorbell (he was also the neighborhood bully and built like an ape).
But one time he decided to put his garbage out on my lawn while I was home. At that point, I decided to speak to him. At first I started with the, "but why would you do that?" approach.
Then I tried reasoning with him with "How would you feel if I had ever put garbage on your lawn?" approach. The ape laughed.

I then asked him to move the garbage to the curb in front of his own house. He refused. I explained that if he wouldn't move it to the curb, then I'd have to.
"Then I'll just have to stop you." he said.

Raising children, I learned long ago to ignore people blowing hot air and bad breath my way, so, knowing that it wouldn't pick itself up, I started to pick up the garbage.
He then punched me. I was in shock, so I ignored that & still started moving with the garbage I was holding towards the curb. That's when he punched me again. I stopped at the curb when he swung a third time, hitting me in the face.

I guess I just couldn't turn the other cheek anymore and I snapped... and I actually (after 3 punches) hit him back. Unfortunately, when I did, I broke his nose. There were police that were called and charges and counter charges and we all went down to court.
The judge said he was an idiot for attacking me & that I was an idiot for hitting him back... and everything was dismissed.
(Actually, if he hadn't been VERY politically connected, he would have SO gone to jail. His evidence pictures showed scrapes and rips on his right forearm, but not on his left. Mine showed bruises Only on the left side of my face. The garbage was mostly bundles of nettles and brambles. In other words, The Only Way he could have received those cuts was by punching me first, Through The Nettles, while I still had my hands full holding the bundle.)

Yeah, my neighbor is still there... he's still an A-hole... and he still tries to give us a hard time when he can. (Last winter I caught him trying to force the guy who plowed out his driveway to plow the snow into mine. The Big Font of a phone's dial pad reading "911" changed the contractors mind pretty quickly.) So, I can't say that I ever really solved the problem with my neighbor.

I CAN say that I'm probably the only person that you will ever meet that has actually Broken The Nose of a Republican Politician.

...would that I weren't... *sigh*
Old 02-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
First, remind me not to make you angry.
Second, how do you make a voodoo doll?

Hedley Lamarr: Now go do... that voodoo... that YOU do... SO WELL...!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Hedley Lamarr: Now go do... that voodoo... that YOU do... SO WELL...!
Oh Lord, guide this man's aim as he makes the voodoo doll...
Old 02-09-2015, 04:25 PM
I do not think that I have ever wanted to get revenge on my neighbor. I barely even know my neighbors or see them.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:35 PM
born to be shunned
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolatt View Post
Alternative acquisition.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Well, I haven't got my revenge, but a neighbor that ticked me off is going to be really inconvenienced when I install my new fence. Just to be double sure I had the property line resurveyed.

This all started when he stole firewood from my backyard, then just kept pushing and pushing. The word bully comes to mind.

The other neighbors aren't bad people but, the husband has Alzheimer's and his wife still works to keep her mother in law in a care home, and her kids have pretty much abandoned their faith. She gets angry and can't take it out on her family so she screams at me. I once arranged for the city to clean out the alley between our houses and she started screaming at me. She had wanted it done but the city works department can't stand her and refused. I ask nice, they agree to do it. She then went to her councilman and got the city to reverse its decision JUST TO SPITE ME, EVEN THOUGH IT HURT HERSELF.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:00 PM
I shared a wall with some tweekers in an apartment complex. They themselves were bad enough, but they had a lot of really shitty people hanging around all the time. The weekend they moved in someone who obviously didn't know how to break into a car did $2,000 in damage to my roommate's truck before just breaking the window anyway to steal - no exaggeration - less than $3 in coins from his cup holder and a few bic lighters.

I started parking behind the building directly outside my bedroom window instead of my covered reserved parking space. One night I pulled into my new space and saw someone peeking in a window and holding his hand front of himself in an odd way like he was masturbating while completely oblivious to my car pulling up. I went inside and dialed 911, reporting what I saw but neglecting to mention that the guy lived there and was looking in his own window.

The first cop showed up in less than a minute. The tweeker screamed and ran. The cop caught him and roughed him up a bit. He was in possession of meth and paraphernalia and he got arrested. The management was pretty poor and didn't want to deal with the problems the tenants were causing but by getting arrested on property for a drug charge everyone in the apartment was evicted under the Drug free crime free neighborhood program in which the complex participated. They had 24 hours to vacate and the dude wasn't even out on bail yet by then.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:05 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Alternative acquisition.
Stealing my f--king ladder.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Alternative acquisition.
Midnight Requisition.

Quote:
Stealing my f--king ladder.
Hey, Goddammit! You moved away and left it there for months and months! What's a ladder to do? It calls out for climin'! Can't deny that fiberglass.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Midnight Requisition.

Hey, Goddammit! You moved away and left it there for months and months! What's a ladder to do? It calls out for climin'! Can't deny that fiberglass.
And I couldn't get into the barn loft after the storm to clean up wiring.

That guy is on my list of folks I want to see clinging to the Broadway Bridge at night by his fingernails. Put my heel on one of his fingers, and say, "Hi Gat (for lack of a better name)! I'm thinking of a number between one and five billion."

Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieu View Post
I've shared smoked briskets and pork butts with everyone else but they (assholes) get nothing but a cold shoulder.
Heh.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
I would have told them the lights were on, and the rear window was broken.

Not exactly "revenge", but for some reason, when people come and go from the house to the east of me, they leave behind ladders. I've got 3 real nice ladders that were all abandoned at the house next door over the years. Not all from the same occupants.

3 separate times. 3 separate renters. 3 different ladders.

Weird. Weird. Weird.

They were all crappy neighbors, so I had no problem liberating the ladders. I treat them nice.
Did it ever occur to you that the stairs in the house might be kinda rickety, and the previous occupants had just been trying to get upstairs without breaking their necks?

Quote:
The current owner snuffed it last Christmas, but no ladder this time!
What did he die of, a broken neck?

Well, there ya go.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:03 AM
I dont get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendarii Dame View Post

You did something nice for the person in your spot....what type of revenge was that? I would think doing something like having his vehicle towed out of your spot would give you pleasure?
Old 05-27-2017, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
You did something nice for the person in your spot....what type of revenge was that? I would think doing something like having his vehicle towed out of your spot would give you pleasure?
I made him feel bad--physically, because he had to run, and possibly pyschologically, because I did something nice for him even though he'd been rude to me.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:08 AM
Charter Member
Jsmoove, welcome to the Dope. You may or may not have noticed the date on this thread, it's a couple of years old so the person you responded to might not reply.