Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Banished Colonial Charter . . how do I get it?

I went to Colonial Charter, looked around. Read some stuff but did not find anything to download. Went to my Steam account and I found (after clicking every drop down menu I could find) the Steam Workshop. I found Colonial Charter's Excellent Adventure workshop page but I don't see any way to, um, get it. You know. . . download it.

Do I need a toolkit? What's a toolkit? Even if I knew what it was and where to find it, Colonial Charter says I don't need it if I have Steam Workshop. I'm not sure if I got Banished through Steam. As you can see, I have no idea what I'm doing. The only reason I have Steam is because I needed it to play Rise of Nations. Can anyone help me?
Old 03-04-2015, 08:49 PM
I think you need to have Banished on Steam. Then you go on the workshop page of Banished and it should be straightforward to find it using "colonial" as a keyword in the workshop search bar. From there, you just subscribe and unless there are incompatible mods already installed, you just wait for it to download and click "Play" on Banished.

Maybe there's a way that you can prove to Steam that you already have the game and Steam will allow you to have a Steam copy for free. I think that worked on a few games I had bought on CD.

Last edited by MichaelEmouse; 03-04-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 PM
ETA:
If you don't want to buy it on Steam again, then yeah, you'll need some kind of installer or you'll need to swap mod files into the Banished files. Can't help you there but people on the CC forums likely would.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 PM
If you have it on Steam, go to the Colonial Charter on workshop and click "subscribe." That'll automatically download the mod for you. On the menu page once you start the game you just click "mods" and then "enable."

If that doesn't work click on this link.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Thanks. I'd uninstall and buy it on Steam (I think it only cost ten bucks. Totally worth it) if I knew I'd get the mod easily.

ETA: Randy, I did subscribe but nothing happened. So I unsuscribed.

Last edited by Biggirl; 03-04-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggirl View Post
Thanks. I'd uninstall and buy it on Steam (I think it only cost ten bucks. Totally worth it) if I knew I'd get the mod easily.

ETA: Randy, I did subscribe but nothing happened. So I unsuscribed.
It sometimes happens that you need to subscribe and unsubscribe and then subscribe again. You also need to give it time to download. You need to click on Library - Downloads to see your downloads.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:19 PM
I followed Randy's "click on this" link and downloaded the mod. And then my computer gave me one option-- open in "Shop". i don't know, don't ask me.

Finally uninstalled and paid 20 buck again. The mod option did show up when I started Banished again. But it is now past 11 and I got work in the morning. I hope this works.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Success! Thanks guys. I've now started an Adam & Eve town and am totally squicked out by the fact that, in order for the town to flourish, there has got to be some serious in-breeding.