Old 07-04-2015, 07:30 AM
How does ancensored make money?

Ancensored, (no nudity at link) is a very useful site to get almost any nude scene that any actress has done. There are no ads and no subscription fee, and it must cost quite a packet in data tranferrence, so how do they make money?
Old 07-04-2015, 07:43 AM
According to their "About us" they don't.

Quote:
What is this web-site all about?

This is a web-site dedicated to nude and famous women and we are the team of intellectual-enthusiasts, who have spent almost 10 years of our lives, on creating a useful platform for storing, sharing and watching the biggest collection of photos and videos with naked actresses, singers, sportswomen and even female political figures.

In order to follow this hard and challenging way, without any thoughts of earning money on it, since we havenít placed any ad, banner or other commercial material. We are backed only by the cheering messages of our users, who highly appreciate the chance to see their favorite celebrities naked.

However, even the celebrities themselves, are happy and thankful for our work, since we have stored their beauty for the future generations, as well as the new starlets that are just rising and wish to speed up this moment by attracting more attention with out help.

We will continue to carry out this mission, no matter how hard it will be for us. Itís for the common good. - See more at: http://ancensored.com/about#sthash.gCmt7AUU.dpuf
Old 07-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Charter Member
Planting spyware on your computer?
That's speculation, but very common.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Charter Member
Perhaps instead of malware they survive on hush money paid by the women whose pictures you don't see. Or their business model includes pay-to-play by those up and coming starlets. Their manifesto doesn't exactly rule that out, though it implies they don't do that.

Or more likely, these guys just really, really like a hobby involving nude women. It's probably cheaper for them than, say, buying & riding a Harley every weekend. Which is a pretty common male hobby.

Last edited by LSLGuy; 07-04-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:07 AM
Charter Member
I don't know, I think that buying a Harley every weekend could add up to being pretty expensive.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naita View Post
According to their "About us" they don't.
Quote:
What is this web-site all about?
This is a web-site dedicated to nude and famous women and we are the team of intellectual-enthusiasts, who have spent almost 10 years of our lives, on creating a useful platform for storing, sharing and watching the biggest collection of photos and videos with naked actresses, singers, sportswomen and even female political figures.
In order to follow this hard and challenging way, without any thoughts of earning money on it, since we haven’t placed any ad, banner or other commercial material. We are backed only by the cheering messages of our users, who highly appreciate the chance to see their favorite celebrities naked.
However, even the celebrities themselves, are happy and thankful for our work, since we have stored their beauty for the future generations, as well as the new starlets that are just rising and wish to speed up this moment by attracting more attention with out help.
We will continue to carry out this mission, no matter how hard it will be for us. It’s for the common good. - See more at: http://ancensored.com/about#sthash.gCmt7AUU.dpuf

It's heartening that there are genuinely good people out there.

Bookmarked.

v. Bernhardi ---- Germany and the Next War

Last edited by Claverhouse; 07-04-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
I don't know, I think that buying a Harley every weekend could add up to being pretty expensive.
They wear out pretty quickly is the problem.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Everybody's a comedian. Sheesh.

Your right that was awkwardly said. "... buying a Harley & riding every weekend" would have been better. In my defense, the sentence started out as just "buying and riding a Harley." The "every weekend" was an afterthought to add the additional expense of fuel, tires, etc.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:07 AM
Charter Member
FTR, the front page of that website has 12-13 trackers. Here they are, along with descriptions, courtesy of ghostery. I don't get it either:

Aggregate Knowledge
Beacons
AppNexus
Advertising
Datalogix
Advertising
Drawbridge
Advertising
Google Analytics
Analytics, Analytics
Google Tag Manager
Widgets, Tag Manager
LiveInternet
Analytics
LiveRamp
Beacons, E-mail Analytics, Segment Data
Neustar AdAdvisor
Beacons, Lead Management
Resonate Networks
Advertising
ScoreCard Research Beacon
Beacons, Analytics
ShareThis
Widgets
Yahoo Analytics
Analytics
Old 07-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Measure for Measure View Post
FTR, the front page of that website has 12-13 trackers. Here they are, along with descriptions, courtesy of ghostery. I don't get it either:
How does that compare to anywhere?
Old 07-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naita View Post
How does that compare to anywhere?
Ghostery shows 9 trackers for the SDMB website (actually for this very thread).
Old 01-03-2016, 07:44 AM
Hey there. I found that ancensored website by looking for mr skin similar pages.
How safe it is? I mean if i create account in that website and create some playlists so i can save there my favorites videos that is allowed or i can have any trouble with that?
Old 01-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Charter Member
Links are pop-up advertising hell unless you have an ad blocker.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Yeah i notice that and i open my ad block to avoid that pop ups but the problem is something else.
They give the option in they uploaders to choise the ages of the celebs when they upload a video. The models are all 18+ of course in the videos but some people trolling and they wrote fake ages and sometimes they say that the model is less than 18 in the video titles.
That would cause problems in the visitors of that website right?
I will contact already their admin to fix that thing and remove the fake ages from the videos and he do nothing.
The amount of fake ages videos is big. What about the visitors of that website?
That thing can cause them problems or no?
That website is amazing and it is the only free about celebs but what about that ages thing? I should stop use that website since they do not fix those things or i report it somehow or it is ok since the models are actually are 18+ in the scenes?

Last edited by LolMusic; 01-03-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Is the registration at Ancensored free?

Is the registration at Ancensored free?
Old 10-28-2016, 04:43 PM
Just curious, I went there, and one of the first things that came up (before any nudes) was an install screen for Firefox Safe Search, which is widely held to be a virus and very hard to get rid of, but looks like a Mozilla product.

Also, if you want a nude photo of anyone, just go to Bing and image-search for /nude (name of star)/
Old 10-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Is the registration at Ancensored free or not?

Is the registration for Ancensored free or not?