Old 12-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Charter Member
Chris Jansing of NBC

She has four eyebrows.

Is this a thing now?

I used to see her on occasion on TV and I thought "That's an attractive older woman." Now she's been on non-stop covering the San Bernardino shooting and all I can think is "She's got four fucking eyebrows" and it's creeping me out.

That is all.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Can you link a pic
Old 12-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Charter Member
http://bijog.com//uploads/images/201...%20jansing.jpg
Old 12-03-2015, 08:10 PM
I never noticed that before but now I can't unsee it. So thanks.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 PM
Charter Member
I remember her when she was Chris Kopostasy and hosted the local news. When she was hired by NBC, she clearly had work done.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Charter Member
I like her, but I still know her as Chris Kapostasy, who was our local WNYT news anchor for over 15 years.

She just has deep eyelid folds.

Last edited by Honey; 12-03-2015 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
I like her, but I still know her as Chris Kapostasy, who was our local WNYT news anchor for over 15 years.

Here's a really huge (27Mb 5856x5856) picture. Those on dial-up, don't bother.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Looking at Google images, she's made some awkward tanning choices down through the years. Having only four is a bit of an improvement...

http://huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5432463.html

Last edited by Ethilrist; 12-03-2015 at 08:34 PM. Reason: I like string
Old 12-03-2015, 09:00 PM
I've always thought she had a strange face; very small mouth and chin, with huge, wide eyes.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
I've always thought she had a strange face; very small mouth and chin, with huge, wide eyes.
Yeah, like she should be off sailor-mooning or something....
Old 12-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
This. And she's quite lovely.

Although I can't believe she's 58.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Reptillians age well.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:54 AM
I never noticed the extra eyebrows before, but I see it now. She is quite attractive, but you rarely see her in profile. In profile, her face vanishes.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:51 PM
What on earth are you talking about? Her heavily mascaraed eyelashes or is there something above her eyebrows I can't see?
Old 12-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Sith Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by antechinus View Post
What on earth are you talking about? Her heavily mascaraed eyelashes or is there something above her eyebrows I can't see?
Below her eyebrows, and above her eyes. She's got really deep wrinkles at the top of her orbital ridges that look like a second set of eyebrows.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:10 PM
SDSAB
Wow. That's weird. Never noticed that before.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:07 PM
She stole Whoopi Goldberg's!
Old 12-13-2015, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Here's a really huge (27Mb 5856x5856) picture. Those on dial-up, don't bother.
Based on that, it looks like there is either hair there or a dark patch of skin. I think I'd be going out of my way to add some sort of makeup there to even out the skin tone.

Also, this file is much, much larger than necessary for that resolution. Here's the same image (still at 5856x5856) in only 3MB. I find it indistinguishable at up to 200% magnification.

I also found the original page it's on. It's only 205x205, so should be less than 20 KB!
Old 12-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Based on that, it looks like there is either hair there or a dark patch of skin. I think I'd be going out of my way to add some sort of makeup there to even out the skin tone.
The "dark patch" IS makeup. She has eyeliner along the crease of her eyelid.

IMHO she or more likely her makeup artist has overdone it a bit with the eyeliner, but this isn't a particularly unusual style of makeup. Here's some Google Image search results for eyeliner in crease of eyelid. Most of you have probably seen something like this before, on TV or in magazines if not in real life, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
Old 12-13-2015, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
The "dark patch" IS makeup. She has eyeliner along the crease of her eyelid.

IMHO she or more likely her makeup artist has overdone it a bit with the eyeliner, but this isn't a particularly unusual style of makeup. Here's some Google Image search results for eyeliner in crease of eyelid. Most of you have probably seen something like this before, on TV or in magazines if not in real life, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.
The examples you give show an actual shape that goes with something else, not just smudges that are the same color as her eyebrows. There's always eye shadow above or below it. Not just the same color as the rest of their skin.

In other words, none of them look like they have dual eyebrows.

I also note that my previous image doesn't let you see the full resolution easily, so here it is: http://i.imgur.com/dhxRDAN.jpg. Her left eye (on our right) definitely looks like two separate eyebrows.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
The examples you give show an actual shape that goes with something else, not just smudges that are the same color as her eyebrows. There's always eye shadow above or below it. Not just the same color as the rest of their skin.

In other words, none of them look like they have dual eyebrows.

I also note that my previous image doesn't let you see the full resolution easily, so here it is: http://i.imgur.com/dhxRDAN.jpg. Her left eye (on our right) definitely looks like two separate eyebrows.
So do you actually think this woman has a freakish second set of eyebrows but has done nothing to conceal them even though she's a television personality whose face is otherwise completely covered in makeup?

I'm not saying it's a great look, but it's obviously eyeliner.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:40 PM
Long-ass post, woman-splaining to y'all:

I love it when people who know absolutely nothing about makeup try to talk about makeup. As much as I dislike picking apart how someone looks, I love makeup and she's clearly not opposed to it, so in a case like this I enjoy talking makeup techniques and she's a public figure putting her face out there all the time so it's not like picking on some poor schmuck who ended up on camera for 15 minutes.

Not liner. At all. It's a defining eye shadow "crease/contour" and my posit is that she thinks it looks good or she wouldn't be doing it, or allowing any makeup artist touching her face to do it. But - not just that - two issues going on. She has a pronounced brow bone that casts a shadow right where she's putting the crease/contour makeup. So in lighting situations where there's no fill light in the right place, the contour looks way more pronounced than it probably looks in the makeup mirror.

To me, her eye/lid/socket shape is a little hooded (which can come with age - you have to change your shading techniques through the years as what you do in your 20's never still works in your 50's), with a standard size lid and deep socket. I don't know how it works with news anchors and makeup, she is most likely doing her own most of the time. I've found a few pics where that contouring isn't there, and the settings seem to be for award show/still photo shoot, or other gathering type situations where she may have gotten professional hair/makeup done for the occasion:
Here: http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...ya8n-1-web.jpg
And here: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/lWQP04yz4i8/hqdefault.jpg

How do I know there's a dual issue between both lighting and makeup? There's a another photo from the same shoot that running coach and BigT linked, where the shadow issue is gone (and I think someone else did her makeup), because her head is tilted upward and brows raised a little in a laugh, so the lighting problem is gone and the makeup contouring looks fine: http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/...g.grid-6x2.jpg There are other pictures where the lighting is fine but that makeup contour is still there - which are where I think she's doing her own makeup and adding the dark contour, in which case no light will help. Such as here: http://isthatbaloney.com/wp-cont...bama-kenya.jpg - which looks very 90's style contouring to me.

It's really tricky to get makeup to reverse shadowing as dense as hers in the regular studio lighting, and I'd posit perhaps impossible or I think the issue would have been addressed long ago. Small fill lights could help, but I would think those would be hard to place in a studio where she has to look right at the camera/teleprompter setup and still be able to see. Fills would be blinding at the angle needed. And forget it if she's outside.

I could double the length of this post with how I think she could do differently to minimize it better, but without changing bone structure it can't be gotten rid of completely.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDragonTattoo View Post
Long-ass post, woman-splaining to y'all:

I love it when people who know absolutely nothing about makeup try to talk about makeup. [...] Not liner. At all. It's a defining eye shadow "crease/contour" and my posit is that she thinks it looks good or she wouldn't be doing it, or allowing any makeup artist touching her face to do it.
I am also a woman but I'll cop to not knowing a whole lot about makeup, especially eye makeup, so I should have just said "it's obviously makeup". That was my point -- that Chris Jansing does not suffer from some bizarre physical abnormality but has, as you say, chosen to wear a particular style of makeup.
Old 02-24-2016, 04:41 AM
Take a close look. Not a second set of eyebrows, just a very pronounced eyelid enhanced further by makeup. I wonder if she reads this thread. Wouldn't that be something? http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a7f400f11e.jpg
Old 02-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Charter Member
Are those eye brows or creases?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:46 AM
SDSAB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Run away!!!!!
Old 02-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post

Too low for eyebrows, but it does look a little freaky.