Old 06-07-2016, 04:20 PM
What to do about runner's foot scab that won't heal?

I have many calluses on my feet, the most annoying is this small scab like thing that has no feeling to it, and is black. Today after running on my treadmill half of it came off exposing a very small hole in my foot, I've had this scab for months, half of it remains and when I attempted to remove it I could not. It appears to literally be attached to my skin, I don't know if this is a foreign object that embedded it's self into my foot then the skin grew around it, or if it's a sort of scab like callus trying to heal a small area that repeatedly got damaged. Also this scab thing before breaking today, was just an annoying null feeling on one specific spot on my foot, it has 0 feeling to it as if it's a callus but it's sticking out like a scab and feels like one.

There is no callus around it as far as I can see, just a small scab thing resembling a seed, it sticks a few cm off the bottom of my foot, every time I walk I can feel it now that I messed with it. I've tried to trim it with scissors but was unsuccessful. I could cut it out but don't want to more damage that there already is. I'm unsure of what exactly this is and I've resorted to asking this question here, because this is the best medical advice I can receive atm.

Last edited by Barack Obama; 06-07-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Charter Member
IANAD, but had you considered the possibility that it might be a wart?
Old 06-07-2016, 04:54 PM
I agree, it sounds like potentially a wart.

See a doctor for confirmation and treatment advice.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:37 PM
Get thee to a podiatrist!
Old 06-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoilerVirgin View Post
IANAD, but had you considered the possibility that it might be a wart?
It wasn't the color of a wart(there is no white skin around it), nor was it as large as one compared to it's height. It's darker than my skin color, almost looks like callused skin. Has no feeling it's self aside from pressure (Where piece of it came off is a bit painful but not noticeable enough refrain from walk on it). There is a very small flesh colored indent where the "scab" was.

The "scab" is clear flesh color, it's cut in half the inside looks no different.

Edit: Also I can't go to the doctor, hens why I made this thread. I'll seek medical treatment when It's convenient.

Last edited by Barack Obama; 06-07-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:57 PM
If anyone should have access to medical care, I'd think it would be you.

I hope you don't actually implement a course of treatment based on suggestions by random people who have only a description to go by. If you truly do have a "hole in your foot," it would be wise to know what's going on before putting anything on it.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Blood blister?
Old 06-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Charter Member
Warts and verrucas have quite a range of different appearances - have you tried a Google image search to see if anything matches?
Old 06-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetout View Post
Warts and verrucas have quite a range of different appearances - have you tried a Google image search to see if anything matches?
More than I care to, and yes I can confirm according to every possible wart I've googled this isn't anything like that.

It's not white, it's the same color as my skin, the area around it is not callused. The "scab" it's self looks like clear skin(not technically clear) with no feeling.

I should of mentioned I also tried to pull it out, that's how I realized it's attacked to my skin. I can also see now where it is attached to my skin at thanks to the small indent/hole from the part that I assume got ripped out.

I've been thinking it's possibly glass or something my skin healed over in callus fashion. If that makes remotely any sense.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:51 PM
Robot Mod in Beta Testing
Moderator Action

Moving thread from General Questions to In My Humble Opinion, our home for medical questions.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama View Post
It wasn't the color of a wart(there is no white skin around it), nor was it as large as one compared to it's height. It's darker than my skin color, almost looks like callused skin. Has no feeling it's self aside from pressure (Where piece of it came off is a bit painful but not noticeable enough refrain from walk on it). There is a very small flesh colored indent where the "scab" was.

The "scab" is clear flesh color, it's cut in half the inside looks no different.

Edit: Also I can't go to the doctor, hens why I made this thread. I'll seek medical treatment when It's convenient.
Don't wait, go to a doctor. You won't get any better advice. If you get an infection in your foot, it could become life-threatening.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
Don't wait, go to a doctor. You won't get any better advice. If you get an infection in your foot, it could become life-threatening.
I doubt a very small indent in my foot can become infected enough to threaten my life but thanks for the concern. I've had someone look at it and apparently it's a wart but since it's on the bottom of my foot it didn't turn white like how I see on the internet.

I'll go find something tomorrow to get rid of it now that I've confirmed it's a wart. Seems the dopers were right again.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Quote:
I doubt a very small indent in my foot can become infected enough to threaten my life but thanks for the concern. I've had someone look at it and apparently it's a wart but since it's on the bottom of my foot it didn't turn white like how I see on the internet.

I'll go find something tomorrow to get rid of it now that I've confirmed it's a wart. Seems the dopers were right again.
You said you have a hole in your foot.

Quote:
Today after running on my treadmill half of it came off exposing a very small hole in my foot,
I assumed you meant an actual wound. I know from experience (I'm diabetic) foot wounds can become infected and land you in the hospital with a bad case of MRSA. If you don't have a wound in your foot, I apologize and retract my comment. But no Doper is going to be as right as your personal doctor. Not even the ones who are actually doctors, as they don't have the benefit of observing your foot in person.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:26 AM
Quote:
I doubt a very small indent in my foot can become infected enough to threaten my life but thanks for the concern.
My dad found himself in the hospital for six days due to cellulitis that started with a very small wound in his foot. I realize you've already been diagnosed with a wart, but pay close attention to your foot as it heals. If anything doesn't look right, call your doctor right away. You probably won't get cellulitis, but it's dangerous enough that it's worth being extra careful.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:21 AM
Quote:
I doubt a very small indent in my foot can become infected enough to threaten my life but thanks for the concern.
That's what Bob Marley thought.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Plantar wart.

I really just wanted to post so I can say I participated in Obabmacare, being an internet Dr. and all.

Last edited by Doctor Jackson; 06-08-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:40 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jackson View Post
I really just wanted to post so I can say I participated in Obabmacare, being an internet Dr. and all.
I am a Republican, so rather than fix any of the problems with your post, I want to delete it altogether, but have no suggestion on what to replace it with.

Regards,
Shodan

Last edited by Shodan; 06-08-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I am a Republican, so rather than fix any of the problems with your post, I want to delete it altogether, but have no suggestion on what to replace it with.
But the OP said Doc Jackson could keep his post if he liked it.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutMan View Post
But the OP said Doc Jackson could keep his post if he liked it.
He said my Charter Membership fee would go down, too. Instead it went up to pay for all the Guests.

"Dope and Change" my ass.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 06-09-2016, 12:22 PM
I am not a Medical Doctor so take my post with a grain of salt but maybe you have the foot tuberculosis.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:28 PM
It's always lupus.