Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
#1
Old 09-22-2016, 10:55 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 2,863
Bikers and ball peen hammers?

I was at a wake for an old friend a few days ago. One of his sons is a member of a well known organization of motorcycle enthusiasts. There were a few of his fellow members at the wake, wearing the typical outerwear unique to this organization.

There were ball peen hammer patches on the jackets. One of them was wearing a tee shirt with crossed ball peen hammers on it.

What is up with the hammers?
#2
Old 09-22-2016, 11:06 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta Metro
Posts: 2,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhair75 View Post
I was at a wake for an old friend a few days ago. One of his sons is a member of a well known organization of motorcycle enthusiasts. There were a few of his fellow members at the wake, wearing the typical outerwear unique to this organization.

There were ball peen hammer patches on the jackets. One of them was wearing a tee shirt with crossed ball peen hammers on it.

What is up with the hammers?

First off, as a motorcyclist myself, I don't like the use of "well known organization of motorcycle enthusiasts" there. Let's just go ahead and say it. If we are talking about the same group (the Hells Angels), I think it would be more accurate to say " a gang of outlaws who happen to ride motorcycles".

But, to the core of your question, apparently carrying a hammer is a well known way to skirt laws against concealing a deadly weapon. A hammer can be a useful tool, so it can't be said that they are carrying it just to bust some skulls. Of course that IS why they carry them, but the fact that it is a tool that you could somewhat reasonably use to repair your bike with, they get away with carrying them.
#3
Old 09-22-2016, 11:09 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 2,863
That is exactly the group I am talking about. Thanks for the answer. It makes some sense now.
#4
Old 09-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Front and Center
Posts: 5,928
Quote:
A the time of the arrest, Sparano was wearing a black leather vest, also known as his “colors,” a term used to describe the vest worn by members of motorcycle gangs that have patches signifying accomplishments, the members’ home city and state, in addition to other associations. The officer noticed a “ball peen hammer” pin on the front of Sparano’s vest, signifying an association with the Hells Angels Motorcycle club or “coalition,” according to court documents.
Not sure of the veracity of this as a cite, but it's what I found:

https://bikersofamerica.blogspot.com...mbull-man.html
#5
Old 09-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Under Oveur & over Unger
Posts: 10,206
keep in mind that the term "outlaw motorcycle club" came from clubs who didn't seek sanctioning from the American Motorcycle Association (AMA,) not that they were necessarily involved in criminal activity.
#6
Old 09-22-2016, 01:51 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
keep in mind that the term "outlaw motorcycle club" came from clubs who didn't seek sanctioning from the American Motorcycle Association (AMA,) not that they were necessarily involved in criminal activity.
Bolding mine.

A distinction that doesn't apply to the subject of the OP, The Hell's Angels.

Last edited by Just Asking Questions; 09-22-2016 at 01:52 PM.
#7
Old 09-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Guest
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 753
Aside from the obvious use as a weapon in a fight, I've also heard stories of outlaw bikers commonly using ball-peen hammers for a different purpose -- knocking off the mirrors of cars whose owners have pissed them off on the roadways. After all, you've got it in an easy-to-grab spot on your bike...
#8
Old 09-22-2016, 03:17 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta Metro
Posts: 2,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
Bolding mine.

A distinction that doesn't apply to the subject of the OP, The Hell's Angels.
A nitpick, but a fascinating one, at least to me. It is NOT Hell's Angels. It is Hells Angels. No apostrophe. Their website plainly points out that this is intentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Angels website FAQ
Missing apostrophe in Hells Angels? Yes, we know that there is an apostrophe missing but it is you who miss it. We don’t.
#9
Old 09-22-2016, 06:11 PM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,620
A patrolman from the Sturgis Police Department said:
Quote:
"That's because they aren't illegal, Anyone can carry a hammer. They make up T-shirts bearing a ball-peen hammer logo. I have seen a hammer handle engraved 'attitude adjuster,'" he said.
The first I'd ever heard of a ball peen hammer being the weapon of choice for The Hells Angels was from the documentary Outlaw Chronicles hosted by a former Hells Angels president-turned-informant (and TV personality I guess) named George Christie. He claimed that it was preferred because the nearly-symmetrical head of that kind of hammer allows you to quickly pull it out and hit someone with it without worrying about whether you're holding it the right way (unlike, say, a claw hammer). It's also lightweight and fits in your belt securely. Seems plausible to me.

Last edited by Atamasama; 09-22-2016 at 06:12 PM.
#10
Old 09-22-2016, 06:16 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: F.O.S.O.N.E.
Posts: 19,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
...Hells Angels...website...
Funny old world, in't it?
#11
Old 09-22-2016, 08:03 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 18,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
First off, as a motorcyclist myself, I don't like the use of "well known organization of motorcycle enthusiasts" there. Let's just go ahead and say it. If we are talking about the same group (the Hells Angels), I think it would be more accurate to say " a gang of outlaws who happen to ride motorcycles".

But, to the core of your question, apparently carrying a hammer is a well known way to skirt laws against concealing a deadly weapon. A hammer can be a useful tool, so it can't be said that they are carrying it just to bust some skulls. Of course that IS why they carry them, but the fact that it is a tool that you could somewhat reasonably use to repair your bike with, they get away with carrying them.
Screwdrivers and heavy flashlights are also used for this purpose.
#12
Old 09-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Guest
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: NH-US
Posts: 928
Didn't they have an official HD part number in the AMF-Voit days?
#13
Old 09-23-2016, 09:12 AM
Member
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 17,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
He claimed that it was preferred because the nearly-symmetrical head of that kind of hammer allows you to quickly pull it out and hit someone with it without worrying about whether you're holding it the right way (unlike, say, a claw hammer). It's also lightweight and fits in your belt securely. Seems plausible to me.
This is one for the experts I fear. I recall that Ed McBain in one of the 87th Precinct books had young detective Bert Kling thoughtfully explain to his girlfriend exactly why a claw hammer is the perfect weapon. For a woman.
#14
Old 09-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Dueling Grounds
Posts: 10,081
Follow-up question: what motorcycle repair, if any, specifically calls for a ball peen hammer?
#15
Old 09-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Front and Center
Posts: 5,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
Follow-up question: what motorcycle repair, if any, specifically calls for a ball peen hammer?
Go up to a Hells Angel and ask them.
#16
Old 09-23-2016, 09:46 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 11,566
I guess I'll go look it up, if I remember, but...what the hell does "peen" mean?

Does everyone in this thread know but me?
#17
Old 09-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Dueling Grounds
Posts: 10,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Bloom View Post
I guess I'll go look it up, if I remember, but...what the hell does "peen" mean?

Does everyone in this thread know but me?
It means "the opposite face of a hammer," i.e. the non-striking side of the head.
#18
Old 09-23-2016, 09:57 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Front and Center
Posts: 5,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Bloom View Post
I guess I'll go look it up, if I remember, but...what the hell does "peen" mean?

Does everyone in this thread know but me?
Back when rivets were a more common form of fastener, you would stick the rivet through a hole and flatten the end of the shank. This flattening action is called peening. The tool used to peen a rivet (if you're doing it by hand - not a jackhammer like pneumatic peener) is a ball peen hammer.

http://forth-armoury.com/researc...en_a_rivet.htm

Last edited by Duke of Rat; 09-23-2016 at 09:57 AM.
#19
Old 09-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Guest
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Front and Center
Posts: 5,928
Missed the edit, but here's a graphic that shows the steps:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rivet.svg
#20
Old 09-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Guest
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
Follow-up question: what motorcycle repair, if any, specifically calls for a ball peen hammer?
I've used them on cars (not motorcycles) to loosen rusted brake rotors. You spray the bolt that holds the rotor in place with some rust penetrator, hit it with the ball peen hammer, and it tends to come loose.
#21
Old 09-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 11,566
On peen, thanks to duke and dc. Even got a ref!
#22
Old 09-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: KC MO or there abouts
Posts: 5,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
Follow-up question: what motorcycle repair, if any, specifically calls for a ball peen hammer?
Outside of fixing a dented fender---none. But the idea wasn't that a hammer was needed for motorcycles. It is an object which has a well known intended purpose as a tool and, as such, was quite easily defend-able as "not a weapon"
#23
Old 09-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Guest
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Bay
Posts: 80,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftfield6 View Post
A nitpick, but a fascinating one, at least to me. It is NOT Hell's Angels. It is Hells Angels. No apostrophe. Their website plainly points out that this is intentional.
Well, there have been rumors of members being executed for splitting infinitives, so they are known for being strict grammarians!
#24
Old 09-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Under Oveur & over Unger
Posts: 10,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
Follow-up question: what motorcycle repair, if any, specifically calls for a ball peen hammer?
AFAIK it's an "All Purpose Installation/Alignment Tool" for AMF-era Harleys.

#25
Old 09-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 31,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
AFAIK it's an "All Purpose Installation/Alignment Tool" for AMF-era Harleys.

The Two Tool Kit.
If it's supposed to move and doesn't, hit it with the hammer.
If it moves and it's not supposed to, wrap it with duct tape.
#26
Old 09-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Guest
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: ... hiding in my room ...
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
It means "the opposite face of a hammer," i.e. the non-striking side of the head.
Both faces of a peening hammer are striking faces!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Rat View Post
Back when rivets were a more common form of fastener, you would stick the rivet through a hole and flatten the end of the shank. This flattening action is called peening. The tool used to peen a rivet (if you're doing it by hand - not a jackhammer like pneumatic peener) is a ball peen hammer.

http://forth-armoury.com/researc...en_a_rivet.htm
That would've been my go to answer . . . if I hadn't looked it up,
Quote:
Peening is the process of working a metal's surface to improve its material properties, usually by mechanical means, such as hammer blows, {...}. Peening is normally a cold work process {...}. It tends to expand the surface of the cold metal, thereby inducing compressive stresses or relieving tensile stresses already present. Peening can also encourage strain hardening of the surface metal.
so, peening doesn't just form the peened head of the rivet.

To add another complication, when you're working metal the shape of the peen affects the direction of the stresses you're causing to the metal. This is why a well equipped metal worker might have, in addition to ball-peens of various weights, one or more; cross, straight (a kind of cross*), diagonal, point and/or chisel peen hammer(s)!
(*Cross-peens are at a right angle to the handle, straight-peens are aligned with the handle.)

Balls stretch the metal in all directions, the others, mostly, limit the stretch to a particular direction.

CMC fnord!
Who's embarrassed at least one blacksmith with the question "Why aren't you using a cross-peen to draw that out?" (The answer was "'Cause I forgot to pack my cross-peens!")
#27
Old 09-23-2016, 01:26 PM
Guest
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 958
When you are a felon, carrying that hammer is allowed while a firearm is not.

When in doubt, knock 'em out.
#28
Old 10-30-2017, 05:36 AM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Anytime, anyplace.

Shouldn’t you ask yourself, where did this group of people, this group of men. Where did they originate and why? Someone said earlier in this thread something that resembled the truth. But unless you’re a member you’re not going to get the real truth, and even if you are a member, 70 years later do you think you’re really going to get The absolute truth. Somewhere around the late 1950s there is another person that was so presumptuous he instructed the club, that they were going to assimilate into and around his life. But that wasn’t the intentions of the club. And the comment about outlaw, more resembles the truth than anything I’ve read on this thread. Well most anything. When the AMA said only 1% of the worlds group of motorcycle enthusiast acted in this or that way, what gave them the right to decide what the world group of motorcycle enthusiast were to begin with? Did they take some written pole with names and addresses? Or did they just throw some comment into the wind and some journalist wrote it down and printed it? So follow everything back to its origin if you can. So here’s something I can tell you, that ball peen hammer lives in the spirit of, “any place any time”. You can interpret that however you want to, because it doesn’t affect the way true believer thinks. And what’s the difference between that ball peen hammer, and words of truth in the defense of someone treated unjustly? I had a judge one time tell me, I’m going to classify your fists as a deadly weapon now. I myself don’t need a ball peen hammer and never did. And I never set out to have a judge register my fists. All I ever did was defend myself against bigotry, against selfish individuals that were afraid of something different. I have children and grandchildren who adore me, I also had a judge once tell folks, “we’re not going to allow this restraining order against Jake, because we have a feeling there is no piece of paper that could restrain him if he did not want to be restrained”, So you can assume all you want as you are reading my post. It doesn’t change anything about who I am and what I believe. But get too close and try and take something from me or my family, and that explanation will become real clear, real quick. Ball peen not included
#29
Old 10-30-2017, 05:49 AM
Guest
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wguy123 View Post
When you are a felon, carrying that hammer is allowed while a firearm is not.

When in doubt, knock 'em out.
wguy123, most readers won’t read between the lines, not in the correct way. They’ll just make an assumption that organizations like the AMA or HOG or whatever majority rule group it is blasting out damnnation against motorcycle enthusiast that have heart, They will just make the assumption that you are supporting this mysterious organization that is outside of the majority rule and they’re all mighty righteousness. The majority have already condemned you, because you’re not one of them. There’s nothing you can say to convince them otherwise. If you’re not one of the drones that follow, you are condemned and anything you say or think will be held against you.

And I am sure by my comments people would think I am not patriotic and not law-abiding. I’m probably one of the most law-abiding people I have ever seen or known. And all I have ever done is say something like, you are mistaken that accusation is not correct, and my physical actions has always been, never draw blood first. Never! I can live with a clean conscience, because I have never said a crossword first, and I have never swung first, not once not ever. The reason they condemned you is because you are not like them. Because you are good, your intentions are good and free, and they hate you for it. Remember the proverb that says, “be kind to those hating you and you heap fiery coals on their head”.. why would someone get so angry at someone kind? If you don’t know the answer to that, we don’t know what to say do we wguy123
#30
Old 10-30-2017, 05:51 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 21,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atamasama View Post
He claimed that it was preferred because the nearly-symmetrical head of that kind of hammer allows you to quickly pull it out and hit someone with it without worrying about whether you're holding it the right way (unlike, say, a claw hammer).
When you're using a claw hammer as a weapon, which is the wrong side to hit someone with?
#31
Old 10-30-2017, 06:43 AM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Nekkid Pueblo
Posts: 18,947
What's the right kind of hammer to use on zombies?
#32
Old 10-30-2017, 07:32 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 31,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
What's the right kind of hammer to use on zombies?
A dead blow hammer. It has shot in the head.
#33
Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NxnyC
Posts: 1,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Rat View Post
The tool used to peen a rivet (if you're doing it by hand - not a jackhammer like pneumatic peener) is a ball peen hammer.
I've found my new gay porn star name! Now I just need the gay and the porn and the star.
#34
Old 10-30-2017, 08:59 AM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 56,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Randall View Post
Shouldn’t you ask yourself, where did this group of people, this group of men. Where did they originate and why? Someone said earlier in this thread something that resembled the truth. But unless you’re a member you’re not going to get the real truth, and even if you are a member, 70 years later do you think you’re really going to get The absolute truth. Somewhere around the late 1950s there is another person that was so presumptuous he instructed the club, that they were going to assimilate into and around his life. But that wasn’t the intentions of the club. And the comment about outlaw, more resembles the truth than anything I’ve read on this thread. Well most anything. When the AMA said only 1% of the worlds group of motorcycle enthusiast acted in this or that way, what gave them the right to decide what the world group of motorcycle enthusiast were to begin with? Did they take some written pole with names and addresses? Or did they just throw some comment into the wind and some journalist wrote it down and printed it? So follow everything back to its origin if you can. So here’s something I can tell you, that ball peen hammer lives in the spirit of, “any place any time”. You can interpret that however you want to, because it doesn’t affect the way true believer thinks. And what’s the difference between that ball peen hammer, and words of truth in the defense of someone treated unjustly? I had a judge one time tell me, I’m going to classify your fists as a deadly weapon now. I myself don’t need a ball peen hammer and never did. And I never set out to have a judge register my fists. All I ever did was defend myself against bigotry, against selfish individuals that were afraid of something different. I have children and grandchildren who adore me, I also had a judge once tell folks, “we’re not going to allow this restraining order against Jake, because we have a feeling there is no piece of paper that could restrain him if he did not want to be restrained”, So you can assume all you want as you are reading my post. It doesn’t change anything about who I am and what I believe. But get too close and try and take something from me or my family, and that explanation will become real clear, real quick. Ball peen not included
I've no idea what point you're actually trying to make. I hope that doesn't annoy you or your family.
#35
Old 10-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Member
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: N/W Arkansas
Posts: 8,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetout View Post
I've no idea what point you're actually trying to make. I hope that doesn't annoy you or your family.
I understand every word Jake Randall said.

& IMO, this kind of comment you are making is one of the reasons why he says what he does.
__________________
My problem is I went to Catholic School for 12 years.
#36
Old 10-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Guest
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,159
I've never heard of ball peen associated with a motorcycling group. I do recall reading in a motorcycle magazine many decades ago some motorcyclist remarked he carried in his boot a 15-inch crescent wrench (in the days before metric crescent wrenches). He used it to reinforce the learning experience on doors, windshields or mirrors for idiots that got too close to him on the roads. Apparently some American auto drivers felt it their duty to come as close as they could to a motorcyclist, because, you know, they not the cyclist owned the road.

(If I can reach your vehicle with my hand, one of us is not properly in their lane...)

Last edited by md2000; 10-30-2017 at 12:08 PM.
#37
Old 10-30-2017, 12:46 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusNSpot View Post
I understand every word Jake Randall said.

& IMO, this kind of comment you are making is one of the reasons why he says what he does.
I understand them, too, and that's why people hate (and fear) outlaw gangs. I should applaud his rugged individualism because he is capable of severely injuring people "any place, any time" but take heart because his grandkids love him? And doesn't everybody get a restraining order against them now and then? We all understand.
#38
Old 10-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 21,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2000 View Post
I've never heard of ball peen associated with a motorcycling group. I do recall reading in a motorcycle magazine many decades ago some motorcyclist remarked he carried in his boot a 15-inch crescent wrench (in the days before metric crescent wrenches). He used it to reinforce the learning experience on doors, windshields or mirrors for idiots that got too close to him on the roads. Apparently some American auto drivers felt it their duty to come as close as they could to a motorcyclist, because, you know, they not the cyclist owned the road.

(If I can reach your vehicle with my hand, one of us is not properly in their lane...)
It's so dangerous when a vehicle gets too close that his response is to get closer, take one hand of the handlebars, and swing a heavy object? What a fine teachable moment that must be.
#39
Old 10-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 56,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusNSpot View Post
I understand every word Jake Randall said.
Me too. They're all English words - it's the meaning and intent that was just not very clear to me.

Quote:
& IMO, this kind of comment you are making is one of the reasons why he says what he does.
Well, I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong. I didn't understand something and I said so.

If I understood the meaning, I would maybe also understand why saying that I don't understand the meaning is one of the reasons why he says what he does. Do you see the problem?
#40
Old 10-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Nekkid Pueblo
Posts: 18,947
What do new posters have against paragraph breaks, anyway?
#41
Old 10-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 2,863
WOW! This is the first thread of mine to go Zombie! Cool!
__________________
longhair75

(Sister Winifred said I would never learn to type....)
#42
Old 10-30-2017, 02:19 PM
Guest
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,516
Not sure if a month hiatus classifies as a zombie thread. Maybe it was just napping.
__________________
Jeffery T.
#43
Old 10-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Charter Member
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 31,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrTrkr777 View Post
Not sure if a month hiatus classifies as a zombie thread. Maybe it was just napping.
At some point, every corpse has been in the ground only a month.
#44
Old 10-30-2017, 02:26 PM
Guest
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: on your last raw nerve
Posts: 17,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by jz78817 View Post
AFAIK it's an "All Purpose Installation/Alignment Tool" for AMF-era Harleys.

The only tools that work for AMF-era Harleys are a ramp, Pick-up truck and tie-downs.
#45
Old 10-30-2017, 02:27 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
What do new posters have against paragraph breaks, anyway?
It's probably of a piece with the hatred of the apostrophe.

Apparently, a deep resentment of everything right, noble, and decent grammatical.

Last edited by gnoitall; 10-30-2017 at 02:28 PM.
#46
Old 10-30-2017, 02:44 PM
Charter Member
Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: The Land of Cleves
Posts: 72,656
Quote:
Quoth StrTrkr777:

Not sure if a month hiatus classifies as a zombie thread. Maybe it was just napping.
13 months, though, probably does.
#47
Old 10-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Smack Dab in the Middle
Posts: 14,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Randall View Post
Shouldn’t you ask yourself, where did this group of people, this group of men. Where did they originate and why? Someone said earlier in this thread something that resembled the truth. But unless you’re a member you’re not going to get the real truth, and even if you are a member, 70 years later do you think you’re really going to get The absolute truth. Somewhere around the late 1950s there is another person that was so presumptuous he instructed the club, that they were going to assimilate into and around his life. But that wasn’t the intentions of the club. And the comment about outlaw, more resembles the truth than anything I’ve read on this thread. Well most anything. When the AMA said only 1% of the worlds group of motorcycle enthusiast acted in this or that way, what gave them the right to decide what the world group of motorcycle enthusiast were to begin with? Did they take some written pole with names and addresses? Or did they just throw some comment into the wind and some journalist wrote it down and printed it? So follow everything back to its origin if you can. So here’s something I can tell you, that ball peen hammer lives in the spirit of, “any place any time”. You can interpret that however you want to, because it doesn’t affect the way true believer thinks. And what’s the difference between that ball peen hammer, and words of truth in the defense of someone treated unjustly? I had a judge one time tell me, I’m going to classify your fists as a deadly weapon now. I myself don’t need a ball peen hammer and never did. And I never set out to have a judge register my fists. All I ever did was defend myself against bigotry, against selfish individuals that were afraid of something different. I have children and grandchildren who adore me, I also had a judge once tell folks, “we’re not going to allow this restraining order against Jake, because we have a feeling there is no piece of paper that could restrain him if he did not want to be restrained”, So you can assume all you want as you are reading my post. It doesn’t change anything about who I am and what I believe. But get too close and try and take something from me or my family, and that explanation will become real clear, real quick. Ball peen not included
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I just got threatened with violence for reading this thread.
#48
Old 10-30-2017, 02:49 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
I'm not entirely sure, but I think I just got threatened with violence for reading this thread.
I'm sure.

Maybe we should ask for a restraining order?
#49
Old 10-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Guest
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Nekkid Pueblo
Posts: 18,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrTrkr777 View Post
Not sure if a month hiatus classifies as a zombie thread. Maybe it was just napping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
13 months, though, probably does.
Yup. Last date before its revival was 9/23/2016.
#50
Old 10-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Member
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Gillette, Wyoming
Posts: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrTrkr777 View Post
Not sure if a month hiatus classifies as a zombie thread. Maybe it was just napping.
13 months, on the other hand...

ETA: Grrr, stupid phone call ruining my pithy remark.

Last edited by krondys; 10-30-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: tolnaftate vs terbinafine seagull meat breakfast restaurant names sealing shower floor replace ethernet port 190cc engine horsepower trout bait corn cyclops jokes its ya birthday penzeys jars wolf chihuahua latin learning books mahree bok unknown comic recycle refunds origin of zipperhead vsop meaning iceland government overthrow bitter almond smell doan pills guys chuck taylors plastic mouse traps vapors define does toner expire storing vinegar v18 engine one click distance vanilla spanking soviet meaning rice like pasta doc tari caesar family does a phd make you a doctor locate underground power lines what is 911 in france difficulty urinating after intercourse male pass on the right replacement hdmi port ps3 girl in tank top without bra how to melt coins at home can cats see infrared 2008 honda accord oil change interval was daniel j travanti never married how to remember where you hide something how to say friend in russian how valuable is malachite why is flannel warm brakes squeak when wet how to make your voice sound deeper on the phone what does v/r mean at the end of an email keep door open for cat what is a drag show don't step on cockroaches what organ is right behind the belly button how to calculate bandwidth from frequency why is my minimum payment going up what does mano a mano mean how long does media mail take when are midterms in college zantigo green chili recipe minnesota twins logo images is it illegal to send money through mail how to use finish powerball tabs motion sensor fluorescent light