Old 10-23-2016, 02:52 PM
Charter Member
What Happened To The "Anno Catuli" Sign At Wrigley Field?

It used to be that a fan in the right-field bleachers at Wrigley Field would hold up an "Anno Catuli" sign, indicating how long it had been since the Cubs had won the division, pennant, and World Series. I didn't see that sign last night on the Fox Sports 1 broadcast - does that fan not come to the games any more?

Also, were fireworks launched around Wrigley last night? FS1 didn't show that, either.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:54 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHomie View Post
It used to be that a fan in the right-field bleachers at Wrigley Field would hold up an "Anno Catuli" sign, indicating how long it had been since the Cubs had won the division, pennant, and World Series. I didn't see that sign last night on the Fox Sports 1 broadcast - does that fan not come to the games any more?

Also, were fireworks launched around Wrigley last night? FS1 didn't show that, either.
I live near Wrigley, there were certainly fireworks launched. Ticket prices were in the thousands of dollars for the game last night so many average, and even die hard fans, were simply priced out.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:57 PM
There were some fireworks that were set off from right outside of the stadium while the game was still going on.

Clip here
Old 10-23-2016, 03:17 PM
I thought that sign was out on one of the rooftops past the right field wall. There's a big new scoreboard over that way now, so it might not be visible any more. I haven't been up to Wrigley for a few years, but I'm going to be at game 3 on Friday night. I'll wander over there to see if it's up.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:32 PM
The sign was actually on a building across the street from the stadium.

Last edited by Superdude; 10-23-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:42 PM
It's still there, and should now read AC0000108...but for some reason I can't find a current picture of it anywhere in the internet.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Plankton View Post
It's still there, and should now read AC0000108...but for some reason I can't find a current picture of it anywhere in the internet.
They showed the sign on the news last night, and that's precisely how it read.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:07 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
There were some fireworks that were set off from right outside of the stadium while the game was still going on.

Clip here
That's hilarious. I missed about three batters last night - had to leave the house for about five minutes, for reasons that aren't important here. Must have happened while I was gone.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:01 PM
Charter Member
https://dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...i-rooftop-sign