Old 01-22-2017, 07:18 AM
Charter Member
Catch me up on the webcomic Misfile

A recent thread has reminded me how much I used to enjoy the webcomic Misfile. I stopped reading it some years ago, perhaps even a decade ago. Is it still worth reading? If so, can anyone give me a precis of the plot to date?
Old 01-22-2017, 07:30 AM
It was March 2005 when you stopped reading. It's late April or early May now.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
A recent thread has reminded me how much I used to enjoy the webcomic Misfile. I stopped reading it some years ago, perhaps even a decade ago. Is it still worth reading? If so, can anyone give me a precis of the plot to date?
Depends on why you quit. If it was about becoming more slice of life and less good guys fighting bad guys, then that hasn't changed.

Because it's slice of life, it's hard to describe a plot. What I can do is tell you where things are. We're near graduation time. Ash has applied to the local college, to stick around for Emily. Ash has basically stopped racing, instead dealing with life as a woman, and is currently just trying to save the old road from being demolished. Ash and Emily are a couple, and Missi is barely in the picture at all.

Honestly, just look at the last few comics, and see if it's the type of thing you are interested in. That's basically what it's been like for a long time.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Forgot that they are currently showing Ash taking a ride in an airplane. That is not typical though the reason he's doing it is--Emily gave him a gift and is trying to get him to grow as a person.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
Depends on why you quit. If it was about becoming more slice of life and less good guys fighting bad guys, then that hasn't changed.
I don't recall why I quit reading it. Has Rumisel stopped trying to be good to get them turned back?
Old 01-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartz View Post
I don't recall why I quit reading it. Has Rumisel stopped trying to be good to get them turned back?
Rumisiel has actually had some deep (for Rumi) self-reflection recently, and is showing signs of character growth. Also, changing them back has become more complicated, because of the directions Ash and Emily's characters have taken. Emily doesn't want to change back to her old self at all; Ash wants his original body back, but he doesn't want his memories (especially those of his relationship with Emily) to change.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Rumisiel has pretty much stopped with that. Pretty sure that stopped after the second or third time they did a scene like that. (That's the tone shift I mentioned--no more Inuyasha-style moments) Ash calls him out on it a few times, but does admit what Balance mentioned. None of them want to go back entirely.

Honestly, if not for the heavenly murders and the other stuff that reveals a nefarious bad guy way, way, way in the background, I would just say that Ash should just admit he's transgender and actually start living as a man. Get hormones, bulk up, get top surgery at least, etc. And admit some amnesia about the past, so he can find out what his history was when he was a girl.