Old 10-26-2001, 08:28 AM
Just a mindless poll, but for some reason men have less then women.

I own 6 pairs of boxers, one with a pattern of hotdogs with mustard.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:29 AM
4 pairs of boxers and 5 pairs of briefs.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:40 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member
Enough to get me thru a week with a few to spare. Mostly white, maybe 3 colored pairs. All cotton. Never counted 'em - as long as I get from one laundry day to the next, I'm happy...
Old 10-26-2001, 08:43 AM
Oh my god! Enough to make it through the WEEK!? That's ridiculous. You poor, poor, underprivileged thing. I think you can get help for your shortage.

I occasionally do that thing where I buy underwear rather than doing laundry. As a result, I couldn't possibly count my panties. I bet the total is upwards of 30 pairs though.

-L
Old 10-26-2001, 08:47 AM
I'd hazard to guess that I now own a 2-3 week supply. Mainly briefs, followed by those hybrid things, then maybe 1 or 2 pairs of pure boxers. This large number is chiefly since it used to be my chore to do the laundry. I would do the laundry when I was threatened with running out of underwear. If Mrs. ShibbOleth wanted me to do the laundry, she would hide my remaining underwear. It took me years to catch onto this nefarious scheme, and only then because she slipped up and told me about it.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SexyWriter
I occasionally do that thing where I buy underwear rather than doing laundry.
HA!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this

I'm not sure how many I actually have, but I know it's more than 20 but less than 40.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:56 AM
I have a new puppy. That answer your question?
Old 10-26-2001, 08:58 AM
5 pairs of boxers 4 briefs 2 nasty emergency Y fronts and a few potato sacks

(which curiously when i happen to wear i am fanny magnet UK, which the second she sees my pants she goes oh god and runs away, however i found a solution to this is to wear the potato sack and keep a spare pair of pants in your bag, but that idea was ruined when i leave the toilet and tuck in a pair of what seems to be another mans pants into my pocket)

and some that i never managed to throw away from my teen years dunno why nostalgic i guess,

however there is always the Red Dwarf Lister solution if you run out of pants, you can always turn them inside out to extend the wear time by an extra 4 weeks!
Old 10-26-2001, 09:40 AM
5 pairs of Ck's

1 pair of Next scum-Boxers!

emergency only.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:40 AM
BANNED
all black cotton ones.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:47 AM
2 dozen boxers.
7 or 8 briefs.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:59 AM
I just counted mine--I have 49 pairs. I'd like to defend myself by saying that I need about that many to get me from laundry cycle to laundry cycle. I own way, way too many clothes and I only have to wash them about every 4-6 weeks to keep myself clothed. God, am I spoiled!
Old 10-26-2001, 10:00 AM
I have about 2 weeks worth of boxer briefs, in all different colors.

I also have a bunch of regular briefs that I don't wear anymore. Maybe I'll donate them to the Underpants Gnome.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:02 AM
I forgot to add that one of the reasons I have so many underwear is that my sister and I are in a persistent competition to see which one of us can own more of the different patterns that Jockey for Women offers. There is also a quality element of this competition--who gets the coolest patterns, etc. I've been known to buy underwear just because they had some pretty patterns that I'd never seen before.

I think I may possibly need professional help.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:05 AM
In my underwear drawer, there are ten pair of my own and three pair of Marcie's. She thinks she through them out, but we know better, don't we?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:08 AM
Charter Member
-0- Couldn't be bare if I owned underwear.
Old 10-26-2001, 12:30 PM
9 briefs (Hanes and Jocky ACOTW)
1 gray Boxerbrief worn only when I run out of regulars.

I find boxers a bit too breezy
Old 10-26-2001, 12:51 PM
I have about enough boxer briefs to make it through a week with a couple of actual boxers that I wear to remind myself that it is laundry day.

Or that it is Christmas.

--==the sax man==--
Old 10-26-2001, 01:16 PM
Charter Member
[Kramer]
I'M OUT THERE JERRY AND LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT.
[/Kramer]

Quite a few pair of boxers ~20. No briefs.

Mostly out there though
Old 10-26-2001, 01:24 PM
Under where?

* GOIN' COMMANDO*

Which was REAL embarrasin' after my bike wreck, when they had to cut my pants off.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:29 PM
Probably over 100 sets (bras and panties). More if you include the kinda frivilous stuff.

Like I said, I think I have too many clothes. However, I only have to do laundry about once every 3 months.

Al.
Old 10-26-2001, 01:50 PM
bunchs and bunchs of flannel boxers. don't have an accurate count, but they don't all fit in the drawer. Mervyns had a clearance sale and i bagged tons for like .79 cents a pair!

i come home, and my damn wife is wearing them around the yard like shorts!

these are damn nice ones, heavy flannel with button fly. very manly! (except when my wife is wearing them!)
Old 10-26-2001, 01:50 PM
You wear them in pairs??!! that's weird.. I just wear one at a time. I had no idea you were supposed to wear them two at a time. ^_*
Old 10-26-2001, 04:36 PM
I own about tweny pairs of Victoria Secret cotton bikini briefs, and one pair of size 16 hot pink Hanes briefs. Those hot pink ones are for emergency situations only though.
Old 10-26-2001, 04:43 PM
Sixteen.
Old 10-26-2001, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dire Wolf
I also have a bunch of regular briefs that I don't wear anymore. Maybe I'll donate them to the Underpants Gnome.
Underpants Gnome? No WAY! Details!!

Oh, and Q.N. Jones, you don't need professional help-you need a new credit card and a few hours for us to go shopping. I could show you places where you could get awesome underwear.

I personally own about enough to last me through about three weeks. There are many factors in buying underwear...comfort, fit, overall look, pretty patterns, etc. I'm partial to cotton bikinis with pretty colors or patterns.

Shera, what kind of emergency situations call for the pink panties? -raises eyebrow- Just curious.
Old 10-26-2001, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Searching For Truth

Shera, what kind of emergency situations call for the pink panties? -raises eyebrow- Just curious. [/B]
I'm talking about being stranded on my road with no water so I can't wash my clothes for a couple weeks. This has only happened a couple times when the river by my house floods. It actually hasn't happened in about eight years, but those suckers were a lifesaver when I needed them. I keep'em around just in case.
Old 10-26-2001, 06:03 PM
WaaaYYY too many

I spend my life traveling. For the last twelve years it was not unusual to get home, dump my suitcase, re-pack, and get to the airport for my next trip in 12 hours or less.

Before there was a Princess Bandersnatch, I might have to go several weeks between doing laundry.(yeah.. the pile got ripe sometimes...)

Now I have somewhere between 75-100 pairs of underwear.

Princess Bandersnatch is constantly trying to get rid of them.
Old 10-26-2001, 06:30 PM
I have about 40 pairs of panties, but I have a panty problem. You see, I cannot bring myself to throw them away at the appropriate time. I keep all the panties that have elastic coming out of the seams, turned a funky color after going through the wash, are slightly too small, whatever. I try to make myself get rid of all the panties I would be embarassed to be seen in (the old emergency room scenario, or whatever) but then a little voice in my head tells me that I might need those panties if I have a laundry disaster or am in otherwise dire straights.

I have about 15 pairs that would actually pass this inspection, if I ever get up the nerve to do it. In the meantime, all the panty rejects pile up in the back of my pantry drawer. I collect panties like some people collect National Geographics -- I don't want them, but I have this vague feeling that I will regret it if I get rid of them.
Old 10-26-2001, 06:30 PM
Hmm...enough that underwear is NEVER the limiting factor for laundry. ::thinks:: About 30? All Victoria's Secret.
Old 10-26-2001, 07:37 PM
Charter Member
How many pairs of underwear do you have?

I have about thirty pairs of underwear, so that I do underwear laundry once every two weeks. I wear white cotton underwear so that I can bleach them along with the towels and bedsheets. I have five pairs of colored, but faded underwear which I save for that special time of the month. I know, TMI
Old 10-26-2001, 07:58 PM
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SexyWriter
I occasionally do that thing where I buy underwear rather than doing laundry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HA!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this

I've done this too. Sometimes I hate myself.

As a result, I have no clue as to how many pair of underwear I own. Fairly high up in the double digits, though. But I can break them down into groups. Lessee, I've got...
  • Really Nice Underwear (the stuff with matching bras)
    Everyday Good Underwear
    Not-So-Good-But-Still-Wearable Underwear (may be stretched out a bit or have a small hole or two)
    Too Big Underwear (with Maternity Underwear as a subgroup)
    Yucky Underwear (The really ratty stuff, but like delphica said, I might have a laundry emergency)
Old 10-26-2001, 08:20 PM
I have about 15 or so pairs of diffrent color boxer briefs.I hate plain white ones.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:25 PM
At least fifty. I know I have to many because when they are all clean, I can't close the drawer I keep 'em in. I have different categories: pretty panties, panties for that time of the month, and emergency panties (for when I haven't done the laundry). I probably could clean out the drawer and still have enough to not have to wash for a month.
Old 10-26-2001, 09:06 PM
Used to have about 24. That's been dwindling. Gotta go shopping.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:04 PM
Despite the multitude of panties in my possession, i've been so egregiously lazy lately that I actually ran out of cleans this week and had to do an emergency wash. My bed covered in colorful piles, I counted: 27.

The bulk of those are cotton bikinis of varying styles and colors from Victoria Secret.

[shameless plug]Victoria, you are the Goddess of underthings; my privies are forever in your debt. I hereby offer you my firstborn child.[/shameless plug]
Old 10-26-2001, 10:21 PM
not a single pair....
not since my highschool days.

*shrug* too uncomfortable. hate panty lines. hate wedgies. looks horrible. Am I the only one that feels this way?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:53 PM
I haven't counted, but I estimate I have 8 or 9 pair. It's enough to get through the week. Three of them are a different brand than the rest, and I call them my "emergency underwear". I keep them at the bottom of the pile where they act as a sort of early warning system. I know when I reach them, I've got three days to do laundry before I run out.
Old 10-26-2001, 11:09 PM
68... and that's nothing compared to how many pairs of socks I have!
Old 10-26-2001, 11:28 PM
I have about one million pair of panties, but I am thinking that someone with an underwear fetish comes and takes them from me. I can not seem to keep up with them.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:00 AM
At least 22 pairs of panties (I may have missed some): nine colored and the rest white, mostly cotton bikini style, one thong for tight pants, a few nylon or cotton briefs for when I run out of everything else (I can't stand underwear of any fabric but cotton.)

I'm another underwear packrat and don't usually throw out underwear until they're really unwearable, just in case. I only have around ten pair that are in good consition, which is my incentive to do laundry weekly. But I do, in fact, sometimes run out, in which case I wear cotton bike shorts (jeans are too uncomfortable to forgo underwear in).

And, FTR, Jockey is the bestest, most comfortable brand.
Old 10-27-2001, 03:49 AM
10 boxers

2 boxer briefs
Old 10-27-2001, 06:07 AM
[hijack]
How can a woman go without underwear? Isn't chaffing a problem? Don't your pants get dirty awfully fast? What about that time of the month? I've wondered about this for a while, and some of you seem like the right people to ask.
[/hijack]

And I own about 20 pairs. Which I wear faithfully, every single day.
Old 10-27-2001, 06:52 AM
I can't imagine going pantiless -- and braless hasn't been a possibility since 1977. Okay, '79. But anyway...

I used to work for the shameless corporate entity which owns Victoria's Secret, or as we called it, Vicki's House o'Knickers. During my tenure with said shameless entity, I received the standard corporate employee discount which I put to outrageous use. Consequently, I own - and I wish I were joking - 128 matching VS bra and panty sets. I've got every color and style that they manufactured between 1996 and 1999. I have some that have yet to be worn. (These days I don't have a lot of call in my life for red lace-encrusted thongs. What was I thinking?) 128! It's somehow very, very wrong.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:57 PM
Finally... someone mentioned thongs.

Hmmm... I'm a boxers guy myself. In all, uh, 40-50 of 'em. And 2 thongs. Some girl gave them to me to prove that they are comfortable... she even paid for them and all. She was right, though. They ARE comfortable...

Good thing I wasn't wearing those when I wrecked my bike... good 'ole 6 1/2 inch slice on the back of my head... they had to cut my pants of too, and my favorite CK boxers... and my work shirt...
Old 10-27-2001, 01:54 PM
Only speaking for myself here...
Products like Downey and Snuggle make clothing soft enough to not be an irratation on bare skin. I have to wash pants more frequently than others but it's a small sacrifice for comfort. If the clothing is soft enough, there is no chafing. Babypowder is needed in summer months. I feel that panty lines are fine for some women, but not for me, I just prefer au naturelle. I DO wear pantyhose with built in underwear if I am wearing a dress or skirt. If I'm going to count those for this poll, I've got about 16 pairs of pantyhose with the built-in cotton panty.
Old 10-27-2001, 02:41 PM
[TMI QUESTION ALERTT!]

But what about that time of the month? I am dying of curiostiy over here.

[/TMI QUESTION ALERT]
Old 10-27-2001, 04:15 PM
TMI alert, indeed.

what about that time of the month?

that's what tampons are for, don't need a pad.

On a side note, I know quite a few men that opt not to wear underwear. I've always wondered how that isn't painfull in itself, walking around with your johnson rubbing on jeans.

This topic has taken an odd turn here. I neglected to say, earlier, I do own one pair... for Dr. appts. only.

Maybe it's time I tried out some thongs. They might change my mind on the matter.
Old 10-27-2001, 04:45 PM
ha when you wear no undies with trousers you have to watch the hair down there getting in the zipper
Old 10-27-2001, 05:34 PM
Shera, that has to blow! Glad it hasn't happened in a while, and hope it doesn't happen again any time soon!

I, for one, can not imagine going panti-less. Yikes! Just give me a thong, then! Sheesh. And getting hair caught in a zipper... :-0 And Whitedove, I would recommend trying out thongs. They are pretty comfy, and come in all sorts of cute patterns/colors. Since they're so popular right now you probably won't have a problem finding one you like.