PDA

View Full Version : Did I Invent a New Drink?

vibrotronica
06-23-2003, 11:05 AM
Surely, I did not. But the SO and I wanted to drink some mimosas yesterday but were all out of OJ. V8 Splash, our usual OJ subsitute (which, when added to champagne, we call a "splamosa") was also unavailable, so we tried some lemonade. Damned if it wasn't great! I recommend choosing tart lemonade over sweet lemonade if you're going to try it.

So does the combination of champagne and lemonade have a name? Surely we were not the first to try this. We were trying to come up with a name, but neither "champonade" nor "lemonagne" have a good ring to it.

Archergal
06-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Not alcoholic (though I suppose you could put vodka in it), but my new invented drink is 50% grapefruit juice and 50% carrot juice. Yum.

The carrot juice cuts a little of the acidity of the grapefruit juice, and the grapefruit juice makes the carrot juice drinkable.

I could drink a quart of it at a sitting, I think.

In Conceivable
06-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Champagne and cranberry juice is a Poinsettia. They are very good. I have never heard of champagne with lemonade though.

I think you should name your new drink Lemosa.

Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
Originally posted by vibrotronica Re: Did I Invent a New Drink?
Surely, I did not. But the SO and I wanted to drink some mimosas yesterday but were all out of OJ. V8 Splash, our usual OJ subsitute (which, when added to champagne, we call a "splamosa") was also unavailable, so we tried some lemonade. Damned if it wasn't great! I recommend choosing tart lemonade over sweet lemonade if you're going to try it.

So does the combination of champagne and lemonade have a name? Surely we were not the first to try this. We were trying to come up with a name, but neither "champonade" nor "lemonagne" have a good ring to it.

It's called a Flaming Moe. :p :D

refusal
Well none of In The Spirit (http://in-the-spirit.co.uk/), Cocktails Wizard (http://cocktailfinder.free.fr), or Woody's cocktails (http://woodyscocktails.co.uk/atoz.htm) list it. I must admit it doesn't sound terribly nice though.

vibrotronica
06-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Well, refusal, if you like mimosas, it's a neat variation.

That's great,In Conceivable! The best idea I've heard so far! Lemosas for everyone!

the O-man
06-23-2003, 12:00 PM
I found a drink called a Vodka Mile High (http://kelong.uk.com/scroydonmenu10.htm) which consists of Vodka, Champagne, and lemon juice.

There are also Holiday Punch (http://cocktails.about.com/library/recipes/blholchampunch.htm) recipes which use Champagne and lemonade in their ingredient lists.

My favorite made up drink was Gin and apple juice. Tommy Appleseed anyone?

DMark
06-23-2003, 02:47 PM
Champagne and lemonade.

Hmmm...

Filet Mignon with a slice of American cheese, mustard and pickle relish.
Mercedes with a spoiler and flames painted on the side.
Belgian Chocolates on graham crackers with marshmallows.

Ya know, some things were just not meant to be combined.

Lemur866
06-23-2003, 03:09 PM
Bosda, it really is the Flaming Homer! You stole my drink!

Labdad
06-23-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by DMark
Belgian Chocolates on graham crackers with marshmallows.
Ya know, some things were just not meant to be combined.
Too late! It's been done. From the Atlanta Jornal-Constitution last week:

"What I like even more than the flavors of this menu is the tone. It takes the ingredients seriously, but it understands its mission is to have fun (and, perhaps, to keep overly drunk people from throwing up on that onyx bar). It offers a PB&J made with pistachio butter, and a duck confit sloppy joe. I tried the latter, which was more like an anal-retentive joe with its few pieces of dry, neatly piled meat. Add some sloppy and it'll be great.

But the funniest idea of all is the campfire s'mores hobby kit. The waitress brings a clay brazier to the table along with tablets of good Belgian chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows and bamboo skewers. It's roasting, melting yummy time in loungeland."

There's even a picture of it here (http://accessatlanta.com/restaurants/content/restaurants/reviews/0619halo.html).

vibrotronica
06-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Filet Mignon with a slice of American cheese, mustard and pickle relish.
I didn't say it was good champagne! Why is it any more perverse than a mimosa?

Best Topics: willy wankers sanvean lyrics vomit powder definition of froggy gayest thing ever kamel red lights oral fixation symptoms bowling pinsetter cost motif vs motive fe pass rate dingus origin ferret vs cat hand cycle machine catfight boards welfare cheese moon maid renault casablanca quart of rye warranted means fm wire antenna liquid clavamox heating oil diesel cornball urban dictionary medical technologist forums transcendence movie ending butt smacking us message board is teller mute bond cigars chocolate 1975 meaning attractive actresses asian testosterone dutch surname refurbished alternators karen reitz robert reed's daughter cars similar to bmw get the cool shoe shine meaning official pool rack setup weight of a chicken breast ellie creed pet sematary turn head and cough racking a pool table how tall is a stack of 1 million dollar bills can you mail a letter without a return address end of the departed can you get high off lithium what is the little pocket in underwear for sheets tucked in or out how to see through scratch off will bleach kill mosquitoes in standing water what happens if you use e85 in a non flex fuel vehicle why do train tracks have gaps seat belt law unconstitutional walgreens 10 panel drug test senator susan collins parkinson's is dueling legal in the us cost to remove moles where can i get a battery for my car remote moving to texas from ny martin and lewis shake standard font size for papers hakan let the right one in peeling skin on heels of feet how long can flies live without food prosecutor vs district attorney why do dogs lick their penis