View Full Version : Crime: What is a fencing operation?

07-02-2004, 08:05 AM
Well, the title basically is the question. Is it simply a fancy name for selling stolen goods for cash? ...as opposed to stealing goods for one's one personal use, I guess? Please clarify/explain... - Jinx

Mr. Blue Sky
07-02-2004, 08:13 AM
You steal something. I am your "fence". I will give you a small amount of money for the item and resell the item at a profit.

07-02-2004, 08:30 AM
dictionary.com gives the following two definitions:To sell (stolen goods) to a fence.

To act as a conduit for stolen goods. So I guess it is the action of selling stolen goods, regardless of whether you did the stealing.

07-02-2004, 08:40 AM

No, no, a fencing operation is the deal with those swords that have no edge and no point, and the guys in white suits and masks trying to tag each other with the swords.

Sorry, i couldn't resist that one.

07-02-2004, 10:22 AM
"Fencing" refers to the illegal business of intentionally receiving stolen goods for resale purposes. (And "intentional" includes "willful negligence" -- "I don't want to know where you got all that jewelry from" is not sufficient defense!)

Although to continue chrisk's joke, "a fencing operation" is when your surgeon comes in with an epée.... ;)

Best Topics: john boehner pronunciation pax runflat squishy foods vending machine stuck general delivery usps vaca or vacay remove mole cost gatorade kidney sudafed pe drowsiness is scrubs accurate longest church name lysol mold mrs carmody redwood lumber lowes cat penus spanking reddit backlit projector screen gc gravity k. planticola eat swans uhaul or budget metal soup overflow drain stopper dissolve gum eye odor moo moo buckaroo pacifier teen uk police ranks cat euthanization cost major dickasons blend sunshine ending cats walking around in circles what is a boy ballerina called why is cyanide so fast acting cat kills other cat south korea 100 won coin chemical smell in refrigerator can skunks spray twice in a row star trek vs battlestar galactica your gayer than jokes maine is the closest state to africa how much does an amplifier cost is it legal for walmart to check receipts how many ways are there to die how long does fried rice last master cylinder felix the cat cartoon automotive engine steam cleaner replacement parts availability laws i suck at fps how to start a car with a bad starter automatic zaaz whole body vibration reviews its a black thing u haul truck and car trailer lovers or losers radio contest scam why are my carrots slimy milk in a bag school lunch bottom round roast sous vide can't sleep longer than 4 hours how much pressure to snap a neck what to drink with gin pointing fan out window picking up trash on the side of the road how did jenny die in forrest