PDA

View Full Version : Burn in Hell, Enterprise Rent a Car & Allstate Insurance!

Cherry2000
09-30-2004, 04:39 PM
Three weeks a go one of Allstate Insurance's elderly customers hit my (parked) car in a parking lot and did some decent damage to my bumper. On the plus side, the lady was nice enough to leave me her insurance card. However, the minus side...

I had spoken to an Allstate representative who assured me that they accepted full liability and that I would have no out of pocket expenses. They also told me they would pay for a rental car (including the extra damage waiver insurance), and that I would be given a vehicle "comparable" to mine while mine was being repaired. I drive a Toyota Celica, BTW. Sounded ok to me at the time...

Finally, my car went into the shop this morning (after two weeks of waiting for appointment with an adjuster). Once at the Enterprise Rent a Car office, they ask me for my credit card. To pay for damage waiver insurance. At the rate of $17.95 PER DAY. A call to Allstate verifies that whomever told me I wouldn't have to lay out any money was incorrect, it seems. They only pay for that if I don't have collision insurance...otherwise, I have to pay it. How stupid of me to have decent insurance!. So yes, I would have to lay out $18 a day because their customer hit my car. Or, risk having to pay the deductible from my own insurance if something happened to their vehicle.

Oh yes...and I'm fine if they give me a VAN to drive, right? :eek:

Since it is pouring down rain today, and might snow tomorrow, I didn't think it was a good time for me to learn to drive a vehicle twice the length and twice the height of mine. So they then offered to drive me to where there was a vehicle someone had just finished using for the past week ... but it hasn't been and won't be cleaned. Or, I could hang out in their office for a few hours until someone comes back who can go it and and clean it. I'm not in a hurry, right? There's no place I need to be, is there? :mad:

So here I sit with no vehicle. For how many days, I have no idea. Unless I decide to take up the battle with Allstate again (and hang on the phone for another 45 minutes...and talk to three more people who have no idea what's going on). I just don't feel that I should have to pay a ridculous amount of money for something they told me was covered...especially not to drive a gigantic lead sled van or someone else's dirty vehicle.

Enterprise and Allstate, today you both win the Craptacular Customer Service Award.

C K Dexter Haven
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
My suggestion: Call Allstate again, and ask to speak to a Claims Supervisor.

Oat1957
09-30-2004, 05:33 PM
My suggestion: Call Allstate again, and ask to speak to a Claims Supervisor.

Good advice. I plowed into a someone insured by Allstate after they pulled in front of me. Allstate paid for the rental until my truck was repaired 4 weeks later.

Your insurance coverage has nothing to do with Allstate paying for the rental.

Necros
09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, you're not paying for the rental. If you reject Enterprise's coverage, you ride on your own coverage, which is fine. after all, you think that driving with a normal-sized deductible is fine in your car, right? why wouldn't it be in theirs? Reject the $18 coverage.

Also, if Allstate doesn't care what kind of car you rent, and you're in Denver...Enterprise has a branch inside Rickenbaugh Cadillac. I got a nice 2005 Cadillac CTS last time I rented from them. ;)

PunditLisa
09-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Yup, Cherry, sounds like they think you don't already have coverage. If you do, then waive the duplicate coverage.

InternetLegend
09-30-2004, 06:38 PM
I've dealt with Allstate insurance adjusters twice. If it ever comes up again, I'll hire a lawyer before I make the first damn phone call.

Cherry2000
09-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks, guys. Some good advice there. I may just chew some Claims Supervisor butt tomorrow.

They know I have coverage...which is part of the problem. If I *didn't*, Allstate would pay the damn thing. But because I *do*, they won't. What a crock.

The other problem is that I just started working again after getting laid off a year ago. Can't afford the deductible, were someone to hit their car (if it were my own, I could just choose not to have it repaired right away). The word is that if someone hit the car, it would go on my insurance first (and I would have to pay the deductible), and then I would have to wait for the other person's insurance to reimburse me. If they had insurance.

I also scheduled all of this three days ago. There is no freakin' reason in the world that Enterprise couldn't either have a vehicle on hand, or let me know there was a problem.

Hmmm...can I just give them $18 and then just "accidently" drive their big-assed soccer mom van through their storefront window? ;)

Best Topics: ghost world meaning frylock gem fuckin ay most remade movie the gary phenomenon denver broncos chant otc suicide susan rook diy despair toss my salad expired maple syrup progressive lenses reviews sistering rafters 290 pound woman poisoned rats computer closet define kike melissa peterman fat elvira cleavage stars pussys profantasy football sauna pronunciation taking stitches out buy fox urine navy cat les schwab payments como tali vu pqe meaning otc tamiflu laundry detergent substitutes walgreen ink cartridge fun things to put on wedding registry pus in milk fda bag on a stick let's ditch this popsicle stand enterprise rental car unlimited mileage bordering states what do the numbers on the side of glasses mean time between episode 3 and 4 root beer kool aid recipe best dog for a single man can i take vicodin with aleve does urine kill athletes foot what age do kittens calm down words to la bamba in english pipe tobacco in cigarette tubes how to open car hood without lever jackson browne song about roadies boston to baltimore drive tiny green flying insects livin' la vida loca meaning what opportunities existed for sharecroppers who made money in a growing season? rid x for septic systems sulfuric acid clogged drain ra ra shish kum bah how to make a dvd shelf out of wood how long does a merchant have to charge my debit card if everyone had a gun how to remove burned sugar from pan how to store car battery what are those things with two wheels how is little caesars pizza so cheap kona acoustic guitar review baking with saran wrap married girl flirts with me