PDA

View Full Version : Are the watch deals at Overstock.com for real?

BarnOwl
06-07-2005, 05:32 PM
For example, there's Lucien Piccard Men's Chronograph Tachymeter Watch.

The suggested retail price of this watch (according to Overstock) is $450. Overstock sells it for just $119. Sounds too good to be true.

Is there any reason to believe that Lucien Piccard is a big, and reliable name in timepieces? And what's a Chronograph Tachymeter [sic] watch, anyway?

Might its Japanese movement be inferior to a Swiss Movement?

Is this a good buy or a whoosh?

Icarus
06-07-2005, 07:47 PM
While I don't have any specific information on the product you are referring to, I would suspect that it is indeed "genuine". I don't think these folks would be in business long if they were selling any kind of pirated items.

High end products can be over-produced just as cheap items. Have you ever watched the Home Shopping Network? This is just another avenue for manufacturers to unload product that isn't moving as fast as they had hoped.

The current listing of men's watches on Overstock.com tops out with list prices of $17,900. So, yes, they're real.

MsRobyn
06-07-2005, 08:02 PM
I got a Seiko from overstock.com as a gift. When I got it, the crystal was all scratched up and the battery was almost dead. The watch itself keeps good time, though.

I suspect some of these are "refurbished".

Robin

rjung
06-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Overstock.com does a good job of listing their refurbished or "open box" stuff as such, IME. Just make sure you read the product description carefully.

I got a "blemished" PDA for 45% off the SRP from Overstock, and still can't find what was wrong with it.

pinkfreud
06-07-2005, 08:26 PM
I have never been unhappy with a purchase from Overstock.com. It's one of my favorite Internet merchants.

Best Topics: rolex vs invicta twins baseball logos rue rutin my hamster died toilet tanks interchangeable smallville vampires fabulous man dreamy music silverware or flatware yikes stripes jaguar resale value bone hair broheim definition merle oberon nude bathtub wedge diamond bullets dyson digital motor skunk smell car capicola pronunciation superglue toxicity zaaz vibration machine trimps void map otep shamaya age 1800junk cost charles ingalls phone line polarity jewelry paste british hollywood sod off frat paddle board immoral vs unethical spider wearing pants chills after drinking tivo series 3 hack how much tax to pay on 1099 income toilet seat turned yellow after bleaching where to buy bread machine mixes john belushi smashing guitar where to buy drug baggies approximately what percentage of all jews living in europe were killed during the holocaust? biggus dickus wife name braces on top teeth first what to do with leftover pancakes muscle guys with skinny legs how to say socks in spanish can drano unclog a toilet japanese thank you cards how much does a hay bale cost that's the beauty of it it doesn't do anything how to make plasma donation faster how long does taser effect last lost 15 pounds in a month sneezing multiple times in a row teen titans tim drake did hitler kill anyone will there be a hathaway series woodchucks chucking wood commercial lightning bolt symbol meaning two dollar bill with stamp and postmark wavy gravy ice cream is clean water action legit well done pizza dominos to make a pass kentucky moonshine for sale pick 4 box combinations can i cash a check if my name is misspelled do other countries think american accents are hot